Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:53:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last night of tour - full performance of Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last night of tour - full performance of Chinese Democracy?  (Read 14543 times)
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »

For all the people that want to hear the full CD live... let me tell you that Axl will play it 2 times in case the first you haven't hear it well...

come on that makes no sence on playing the whole album before being released...

Kiss
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »

Announcing and playing the first single...that would be cool. That won't happen either.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »

um its not gonna happen.. if CD is released before the show it will be gay.. but if cd is released before, it might be pretty cool. but again, its never going to happen

BenDixon
Opening Act

Los Paranoias

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

Well, first they would have to rehears al the new songs. I don’t think they know them all. My impression is that some of the new songs they’ve played have change or evolved during the last year of t touring. So with that in mind it could also be difficult to do even “newer” songs justice. Would Frank even know the songs? To learn them is one thing, but to make them sound great is something completely different. Guns should IMO be a quality product and if some shitty/poor quality bootleg made it on to the net it could do more harm than good if you consider the average record buying public.

It takes a tight band to pull something like this of. And even though this band has grown immensely during the last half year of touring I don’t feel they would be up for the task. To play the play the whole album from A-Z would be great for the fans, but IMO playing the new material should be a much slower process. I now many of us want to here some new stuff now but it will be even better if it the live performances can do this new material justice.

I would love some surprises during a last show even if I would only be able to watch/hear it on some poor quality bootleg. I don’t think anything special besides a great show will happen though, but you never can tell with this band  Smiley

?I grew up in Europe, where history comes from.?
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2006, 10:47:02 PM »

It would be spectacular but only for the most hardcore fans. And of course we all couldn't be there. Really if Axl and co. were to something so dramatic it should be months after the album is released when all of the songs are very well rehearsed and tight. Pink Floyd used to play Dark Side of the Moon in full on tour and it is epic. With CD, if it has great flow, I think it would be stellar if they played a few old tracks at the beggining and then played the entire album and then closed the show with some more old stuff. It could really be incredible.

There's a lot goin on here.....
badapple81
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »

I think it's possible you'll get a surprise on the last show to build the suspense for their return.. maybe one song.. maybe.. unlikely. Very unlikely the chance of a few new songs we haven't heard before.. I doubt they would do that just before things go quiet for a couple of months or more.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »

Announcing and playing the first single...that would be cool. That won't happen either.

Announcing is good enough for me... ok
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:51:33 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 09:30:31 AM »

Announcing is good enough or me... ok

They already play Better, now don't they?  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »

Well, it seems you folks don't understand the music business or economics in generall all that well.  I can understand why Axl can't stand most of us Internet motherfuckers now.

Do you realize that only a few thousand people are die-hard, message-boarding fans?  Consider the fact that GNR has played over 70 shows with an average audience size of 12,000 people, that makes the Internet contingent less than 1% of the GNR fan base.  This means that barely anyone out there would actually download the bootlegs of a live performance of Chinese Democracy.  However, the media buzz would be phenomenal.  Every entertainment outlet would cover such an event.  This would give the mass consumer base confidence that a real album exists and it's worth purchasing.  Right now, Axl is a bit of a laughing stock to the general public so people may be hesitant to buy.

it's the fan base who are the safe bets on buying it.

there are so many people curious about this if the whole album got played live and bootlegged it would be everywhere and shitloads of people would download it, not just a few people on the gnr boards.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
akaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »

As a signal to the fans, media and general worldwide consumer base it would be a smart move for GNR to play Chinese Democracy in its entirety on the last night of the U.S. tour.? This way we would all gain the confidence that they have, in fact, written and rehearsed an entire album of material.? Bootlegs of the show would swarm the Internet (much like the leaks did about a year ago), allowing for the new sounds to sink in.? The quality of the bootlegs would, of course, be different than studio versions, so quite a bit of value would exist in the studio album.? In addition, having a live version of CD spread all over the place could actually help reduce the expected impact of the album leaking before it hits stores.? The wide availability of the bootleg songs would reach many downloaders before the leaked studio versions (or at least confuse them).

Just a thought on a way of giving back to the hardcore fans, generating buzz and protecting the value of the studio recordings.

not going to happen, credit to Axl that we don't even know the song titles not alone how many songs or anything about the album
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »

No way.......

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: