Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Opening Bands 2007
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening Bands 2007  (Read 48233 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »

Prodigy is better than Slipknot. ?Why would Slipknot open for GNR. ?Theyre last album went platinum several times and they have huge costs to their performances. ?Slipknot can headline tours or do festivals, opening bands should either be just starting out, unknown, or in the twilights of their career...not bands with critically acclaimed, multi-platinum albums whose best and most popular album came out 2 years ago.

Buckcherry would be fine. ?Theyre a one hit wonder,(hit was like 8 years ago) with a classic rock sound. ?Got some songs people would recognize and would be good for them to play on a stage like this.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2007, 05:04:09 PM »

Buckcherry would be fine.  Theyre a one hit wonder,(hit was like 8 years ago) with a classic rock sound.  Got some songs people would recognize and would be good for them to play on a stage like this.

Crazy Bitch got quite a bit of play last year.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »

Buckcherry or Crash Midnight plz plz.? hihi

I'm getting old now but I've heard of Buck Cherry but not their music, any good? Whats it similar to? I'm getting too old for these bands post 1995

It's hard rock in the vein of GNR, really.? Just newer.? They have three studio albums.?

A lot of their songs are sampled here:

http://www.last.fm/music/Buckcherry

Checking em out now!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2007, 05:07:54 PM »

Prodigy is better than Slipknot.  Why would Slipknot open for GNR.  Theyre last album went platinum several times and they have huge costs to their performances.  Slipknot can headline tours or do festivals, opening bands should either be just starting out, unknown, or in the twilights of their career...not bands with critically acclaimed, multi-platinum albums whose best and most popular album came out 2 years ago.

Buckcherry would be fine.  Theyre a one hit wonder,(hit was like 8 years ago) with a classic rock sound.  Got some songs people would recognize and would be good for them to play on a stage like this.

And I seem to recall Slipknot making some less than kind remarks about CD a few months back, so that's not a good idea.  And nu-metal sucks. 

I'm not sure a metal (nu or REAL metal) act fits with GNR.  Rock n' roll, bluesy or harder is better.  Buckcherry fits the bill, and would probably relish the exposure.  The Black Crowes could also be interesting. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2007, 05:11:17 PM »

Buckcherry
The Mother Goose Pickers
Tool
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »

Just listened to Check Your Head (Buck Cherry). Not bad kinda reminds me of Oasis but I only heard 30 secs of it from the link but the other 3 tracks available on the link sound ok. Definately worth looking more into. ?Cheers for the link and advice
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2007, 05:14:06 PM »

Just listened to Check Your Head (Buck Cherry). Not bad kinda reminds me of Oasis but I only heard 30 secs of it from the link but the other 3 tracks available on the link sound ok. Definately worth looking more into. ?Cheers for the link and advice

Check out 'Lit Up' or 'Lawless And Lulu'. Best two songs they've ever done IMO.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »

Check out 'Lit Up' or 'Lawless And Lulu'. Best two songs they've ever done IMO.

will do
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

Buckcherry would be fine.? Theyre a one hit wonder,(hit was like 8 years ago) with a classic rock sound.? Got some songs people would recognize and would be good for them to play on a stage like this.

Crazy Bitch got quite a bit of play last year.

Yeah youre right about Crazy Bitch, i try to forget about it since I guess I see that as more of a pop song. ?I think the only reason people here always bring up Buckcherry is because of Todd's problems with Slash.

Slipknot has some pretty amazing musicians and Corey Taylor can sing when he wants. Slipknot's too big, i mean they won a Grammy last year. ?Although, I wouldnt mind if Brain is gone if Axl filled the spot with Joey Jordison who I think is the best drummer ive ever heard/seen.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2007, 05:17:37 PM »

Just listened to Check Your Head (Buck Cherry). Not bad kinda reminds me of Oasis but I only heard 30 secs of it from the link but the other 3 tracks available on the link sound ok. Definately worth looking more into.  Cheers for the link and advice

Some of their music vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tWES3-_ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWpYl6kmNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJNPdc9s2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HNsp5OH-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIC0XTZs5A

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2007, 05:20:47 PM »

Just listened to Check Your Head (Buck Cherry). Not bad kinda reminds me of Oasis but I only heard 30 secs of it from the link but the other 3 tracks available on the link sound ok. Definately worth looking more into.? Cheers for the link and advice

Some of their music vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tWES3-_ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWpYl6kmNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJNPdc9s2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HNsp5OH-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIC0XTZs5A

shit man, your on the nail tonight!!!! (UK) checking this out now.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »

Shit, crazy bitch is hot!!!! LOL
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »

Shit, crazy bitch is hot!!!! LOL

With these links you provided, you got me thinkin. There are too many bands out there these days to keep track of but these have got my attention thanks to you.  I'm an 80s rocker that was into mainstream shit like GNR, Motley, ACDC, Iron Maiden and 100s of others Faster Pussycat included my roots stem from Punk so I therefore feel I know what rock is about and not fucking Elvis or Beatles but the keepin up with the Post 90s stuff is hard when your in your 30s or 40s as many would agree with me here if any true rock fans who stuck with it through the years would know.  You'll know your a rocker when when you grow up and have a family, when you get to your 30s 40s you'll know.  (this is not aimed at the provider of the links) whether your a rocker or a teen one day you'll grow and I've seen many rockers turn into pop lovers and lose their identity cause they follow the COOL OF THE DAY but I thank the link provider for showing me this new shit.  MARK!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »

Tool

& The Suicide Girls drool

What an epic show that would be beer beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »

Buckcherry gets my vote.. i think they are best "new" rock band out there right now.. anyone looking to sample a few songs should check out

Lit up
Timebomb
riden
drink the water
next to you
on set

they also have some good balads.. ?pm me if anyone wants a sampler.. give me a few days though.. i won't be back to my apt till friday
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »

Tool's bigger than GNR right now.  I dont like their music, their fans are annoying, but theyre bigger than GNR.  GNR would have to open for them.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2007, 05:56:56 PM »

Tool's bigger than GNR right now.? I dont like their music, their fans are annoying, but theyre bigger than GNR.? GNR would have to open for them.

LOL
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »

Tool's bigger than GNR right now.? I dont like their music, their fans are annoying, but theyre bigger than GNR.? GNR would have to open for them.

LOL

I agree that GNR are not what they were but to read what you had wrote makes me chuckle.  GNR were the Rolling Stones or Elvis during the 80s and early 90s and to compare them now is impossible because as far as I'm concerned they hardly exist anymore and its all down to the shit Axl has had to go through.  Maybe, Axl was the cause and the rest left because of him and therefore I should be following Velvet Revolver more closely but lets face it, when Axl screams, Axl knows how to scream.  Axl was the voice behind GNR so lets hear some more already!!!!
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2007, 06:09:49 PM »

Tool's bigger than GNR right now.  Its kind of a fact.  Tool sold tickets to their last tour for more, sold more tickets and sell more albums.  I cant believe im saying anything positive about Tool, but this isnt 1992.  Tool's bigger, have a larger fan base, sell more cds, are talked about in more venues/media outlets etc...  I didnt say Tools bigger than GNR in 1992, I said right now Tool's bigger, they are...its a fact...arguing just makes you look stupid, please just drop it and dont make me get facts to show how dumb of a statement you made trying to argue that GNR right now is bigger than Tool.
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

Tool's bigger than GNR right now.? Its kind of a fact.? Tool sold tickets to their last tour for more, sold more tickets and sell more albums.? I cant believe im saying anything positive about Tool, but this isnt 1992.? Tool's bigger, have a larger fan base, sell more cds, are talked about in more venues/media outlets etc...? I didnt say Tools bigger than GNR in 1992, I said right now Tool's bigger, they are...its a fact...arguing just makes you look stupid, please just drop it and dont make me get facts to show how dumb of a statement you made trying to argue that GNR right now is bigger than Tool.

Your probably right but I don't want to know.  If you feel you need facts then go ahead but as I was a gunner from the start i really dont give a fuck who is bigger than who because guns in their careers are bigger than Tool will ever be.  I understand that your not a Tool fan and respect what you say.  Being an old Gunner its hard to believe that any band can get to the height Guns once were.  Those days are gone, I know that but the dream lives on.

PPS. I'm not dissing you m8, just makes me laugh when people compare these lesser bands, nothing more nothing less.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: