Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:53:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  smartest/most educated member on HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: smartest/most educated member on HTGTH?  (Read 14001 times)
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:29 AM »

I'd say that I don't understand that sentence. But if you're asking if I'd rather voters be lucky than dumb. . . yes, I think I would.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2006, 08:38:09 AM »

you'd prefer a lucky idiot over a possible intelligent person that maybe didn't graduate?

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2006, 08:42:12 AM »

you'd prefer a lucky idiot over a possible intelligent person that maybe didn't graduate?
Yes. I'll take guarenteed luck over possible intelligence. It's a no-brainer. If you can guarentee me that you'll pick the least crazy president through sheer luck I don't care how smart you are, I'll take your vote.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »

logically, i shouldn't agree with that but in a twisted kind of way i do  hihi
let's hope for more lucky bastards in the voting booths beer

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »

I think people are idiots who? think the only form of intelligence is shit they teach you in high school.

I know people who are "Book Smart" but are mental retards when it comes to life smarts.

It's great to have a good combination of both but just because you don't graduate high school, that doesn't make you stupid.? School isn't for everybody and there are many different circumstances that lead to someone not graduating.

Some women get pregnant and drop out of school, Some people just don't like school.

Intelligence is much too broad of a concept to be measured by graphs,books and tests.

I went to a high school that was a great school and in my town there are high schools that are a level under mine.

I am smart but I hated school and I didn't make good grades cause I always skipped class, slept during class and didn't give a shit about it.

I get to college and I'm in a chemistry class with all these valedictorians from the other local schools.

Let me just state that being a valedictorian means very little as far as intelligence goes. It may make you more responsible for example studying,doing homework etc. but it doesn't make you smarter.

I'd be in an out of my lab in 20 minutes whereas those Valedictorians from the other schools would have to take an hour to finish the exact same project.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 11:19:15 PM »

I think people are idiots who? think the only form of intelligence is shit they teach you in high school.

I know people who are "Book Smart" (Dean Koontz doesnt count) but are mental retards when it comes to life smarts.

It's great to have a good combination of both but just because you don't graduate high school, that doesn't make you stupid.? School isn't for everybody and there are many different circumstances that lead to someone not graduating. (Anyone else sensing a defensive tone here?)

Some women get pregnant and drop out of school, (If they would have attended Health Education, maybe they would have learned about Birth Control) Some people just don't like school.

Intelligence is much too broad of a concept to be measured by graphs,books and tests. (I prefer the Connect the Dots test at the local IHOP)

I went to a high school that was a great school and in my town there are high schools that are a level under mine. (There is an even shorter yellow bus?)

I am smart but I hated school and I didn't make good grades cause I always skipped class (Couldn't find the room) , slept during class (Nap time is permitted if you wear a helmet) and didn't give a shit about it.

I get to college and I'm in a chemistry class with all these valedictorians from the other local schools. (He empties the trash)

Let me just state that being a valedictorian means very little as far as intelligence goes. It may make you more responsible for example studying,doing homework etc. but it doesn't make you smarter.

I'd be in an out of my lab in 20 minutes whereas those Valedictorians from the other schools would have to take an hour to finish the exact same project. (Ever wonder why their grades were better?)

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2006, 12:18:41 AM »

Bud Fox.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2006, 03:57:12 AM »

How intelligent can a person be if they have to actually try to convince someone on a message board that they're intelligent?   Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: