Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days  (Read 29963 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »

That seriously gives me the chills.  To imagine a loved one of mine in that situation, to truly put yourselves (and the person you love) in those shoes should shake anyone to the core.  It's easy to say the death penalty is bad and immoral blah blah blah, until someone you know is screaming for mercy and begging for their life.  To me its the same arguement as the pro-life people who say "no abortions no matter what", that is until it's THEIR daughter who is brutally gang raped and impregnated by some animal barely fit to be called human, or these douche bags who say war war war, but not MY son or daughter!!  let your kids go fight my battles......

I'm glad I don't live in New Jersey.

Perhaps you should read about the number of death row inmates eventually exonerated by DNA evidence, maybe thatll give you chills as well as an understanding that the thirst for vengence of a victims family shouldnt and doesnt define justice.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »

That seriously gives me the chills.  To imagine a loved one of mine in that situation, to truly put yourselves (and the person you love) in those shoes should shake anyone to the core.  It's easy to say the death penalty is bad and immoral blah blah blah, until someone you know is screaming for mercy and begging for their life.  To me its the same arguement as the pro-life people who say "no abortions no matter what", that is until it's THEIR daughter who is brutally gang raped and impregnated by some animal barely fit to be called human, or these douche bags who say war war war, but not MY son or daughter!!  let your kids go fight my battles......

Perhaps you should read about the number of death row inmates eventually exonerated by DNA evidence, maybe thatll give you chills as well as an understanding that the thirst for vengence of a victims family shouldnt and doesnt define justice.

i didn't say it did, nor did i say we should just "fry em' all".  I think you completely missed the point of my post which was its easy for us on the outside to say what should and should not be law, until those crimes actually happen to us or those we love.  when the shoes on the other foot, its funny how people are quick to change their minds.  you could argue it works both ways I suppose.  Somemone who is a staunch supporter of the death penalty might not be so supportive if they were to be wrongly convicted of a crime and sentenced to death.....

for the record i only believe in the death penalty in cases that can use DNA evidence, mass eye witnesses, video tape and other things that would pass as irrefutable proof.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2007, 10:56:12 PM »

i didn't say it did, nor did i say we should just "fry em' all".  I think you completely missed the point of my post which was its easy for us on the outside to say what should and should not be law, until those crimes actually happen to us or those we love.  when the shoes on the other foot, its funny how people are quick to change their minds.  you could argue it works both ways I suppose.  Somemone who is a staunch supporter of the death penalty might not be so supportive if they were to be wrongly convicted of a crime and sentenced to death.....

for the record i only believe in the death penalty in cases that can use DNA evidence, mass eye witnesses, video tape and other things that would pass as irrefutable proof.

The "shoe on the other foot" argument certainly is true.  The problem is that, if someone who supports the death penalty is wrongly convicted, then he/she KNOWS that it's wrong in this case.  If someone is against it and has a loved one murdered, they're not really acting from a standpoint of rationality.  Of course they want vengeance.  I can't blame them for that.  I would too.  The wishes of the victim's family, however passionately pleaded, do not equate with what is right, though.  Justice is served when a murderer is convicted.  Surely we can recognize, as a society, that there is a difference between justice and vengeance, and that one is desirable while the other may not always be so.  In their grief, these families want to hurt someone who hurt them.  Of course, they're also hurting the family of the convicted man.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2007, 03:37:43 AM »

freedom78 speaks the truth Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2007, 03:53:09 AM »

I think Sadaam was definitely a way for the US to camoflauge the enormous errors that were made. Kind of a way to trick the people into believing things were being accomplished. Like causing an explosion over here to divert everyone's attention away from what is really going on over there.

That being said, It's definitely not a bad thing that he got removed and now executed, it was gone about the wrong way but the end result is still good in my opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:08 AM »

I find any execution disgusting.

I feel that people who the video of him getting hung are pretty sick.

I don't feel anyone should be killed by anyone, even if they killed someone else.

He should have been given life in prison.

Don't feel that by killing him that it does anything really for the people that died.

Oh well...

Fuck All Y'all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2007, 04:19:44 AM »

I don't feel anyone should be killed by anyone, even if they killed someone else.

Don't feel that by killing him that it does anything really for the people that died.

Oh well...

A guy rapes and kills your mom and sister then bashes your dads brains in.

Would u still say the same?

Its easy for people not directly affected by something to say this or that, but why should someone who committed so many horrible acts be allowed to live comfortably in a jail cell with books, TV, food etc etc?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2007, 05:09:58 AM »

Oh well...

Its easy for people not directly affected by something to say this or that, but why should someone who committed so many horrible acts be allowed to live comfortably in a jail cell with books, TV, food etc etc?

no it's easy to speak thu emotions and anger.
since when anger and rage speak truth and wisdom?

lets go back on saddam's case and what's happening there.

for years the chiite and sunnite have been living together, or at least they never went that far in hatred and civil war.
now we have that kinda of tension in that land.

i'm sorry, as much as we have to fight terrorism and extremism

the usa pretty much fucked up everything.
they are turning the region into hell. they are radicalizing a lot of youg kids.
they are even turning their only last friend there, Jordan, into a explisve bubble, the last stable country is about to turn around.
the whole saddam's family is there, in Amman, i even ate in the most expensive restaurant there, a IRAQI restaurant where saddam's daughter eat all the time when she comes with her luxuous american SUV.

jordan is the US friend, US military is strong there, and they're highest guest are saddam's family. how paradoxal is that?

Bush literraly FUCKED UP the whole word.
911 was not his fault, but instead of fixing the zones of tensions, with the help of the international community, he pretty much did the same mistakes his predecessors did, just worst.

PEACE !

SLCPUNK
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »

Looks like they arrested the guy who taped the hanging on his cell phone.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

Of course we wouldn't say the same!  I'm not blaming the family for wanting revenge.  If put in their place, I'm sure most would.  But these people aren't reasonable.  They're dealing with grief, and it shouldn't be any surprise that they want to cause some pain to those who've hurt them.  We do not succumb to the wishes of every grief stricken family member of a victim!  Should they want to serve the execution themselves, by strangulation or gunshot, it would not be permitted.  In the end, victims' families' suffering and grief does not end with the execution of a murderer.  It only extends that grief to his/her family.  They want to hurt, as they have been hurt, and that's not right.  Through grief, they may not realize that this is wrong, or they may not care.  I can't blame them, either way.  But, we and the state shouldn't hurt others simply to satisfy this urge.  This is not an "eye for an eye" system of punishment (in the US).  We do not rape the rapists (though what happens to them once they're IN prison is another matter).  We do not burn down the homes of the arsonists.  And we do not molest the children of the child molesters.  We don't do these things, because we realize that it's no more "right" to do it as a form of justice than it was when it was done the first time, as a form of crime.  The only difference between these crimes and murder is that we don't have the balls to tell the family that justice and vengeance are NOT the same thing.     

I don't know that living in prison is comfortable.  If it were, maybe we'd all commit crimes so that we could vacation there.  The way you describe it, it sounds nice...very relaxing.  I can't imagine there are many in prison who wouldn't rather be elsewhere.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »

Oh well...

theory doesnt apply here.

i dont believe in it and thats all too it.

i'm with the vatican on this one.

Fuck All Y'all
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »

Of course we wouldn't say the same!  I'm not blaming the family for wanting revenge.  If put in their place, I'm sure most would.  But these people aren't reasonable.  They're dealing with grief, and it shouldn't be any surprise that they want to cause some pain to those who've hurt them.  We do not succumb to the wishes of every grief stricken family member of a victim!  Should they want to serve the execution themselves, by strangulation or gunshot, it would not be permitted.  In the end, victims' families' suffering and grief does not end with the execution of a murderer.  It only extends that grief to his/her family.  They want to hurt, as they have been hurt, and that's not right.  Through grief, they may not realize that this is wrong, or they may not care.  I can't blame them, either way.  But, we and the state shouldn't hurt others simply to satisfy this urge.  This is not an "eye for an eye" system of punishment (in the US).  We do not rape the rapists (though what happens to them once they're IN prison is another matter).  We do not burn down the homes of the arsonists.  And we do not molest the children of the child molesters.  We don't do these things, because we realize that it's no more "right" to do it as a form of justice than it was when it was done the first time, as a form of crime.  The only difference between these crimes and murder is that we don't have the balls to tell the family that justice and vengeance are NOT the same thing.     

I don't know that living in prison is comfortable.  If it were, maybe we'd all commit crimes so that we could vacation there.  The way you describe it, it sounds nice...very relaxing.  I can't imagine there are many in prison who wouldn't rather be elsewhere.   

most (def not all) I would imagine weren't living comfortable lives BEFORE they were in prison (otherwise, why commit a crime risking you'd go to jail in the first place).  prison isn't a picnic, but you get fed, housed, clothed and entertained.  why should an honest, law abiding person on minimum wage struggle to have those things when a piece of shit multiple rapist/murder gets them for free?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »

I agree with HannaHat's statement, "why should an honest, law abiding person on minimum wage struggle to have those things when a piece of shit multiple rapist/murder gets them for free?"

But, my solution is much more simple.  Enforce much more severe penalties for the above-mentioned crimes.  Death is a luxury for these horrible people.  A cell with no human comforts or companionship is 1000 times worse.  No tv, no books, no writing imp[lements, no human interaction whatsoever, and bland sustenance to survive.

This is only for "lifers" convicted of violent crimes.  That would be a hell of a deterrent, trust me. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »

I agree with HannaHat's statement, "why should an honest, law abiding person on minimum wage struggle to have those things when a piece of shit multiple rapist/murder gets them for free?"

But, my solution is much more simple.  Enforce much more severe penalties for the above-mentioned crimes.  Death is a luxury for these horrible people.  A cell with no human comforts or companionship is 1000 times worse.  No tv, no books, no writing imp[lements, no human interaction whatsoever, and bland sustenance to survive.

This is only for "lifers" convicted of violent crimes.  That would be a hell of a deterrent, trust me. 

i don't think in muder cases a deterrant is going to lower the number of muders.  I don't have stats, but i would guess that a large number of murders are not premeditated or planned - crimes of passion as they are called.  So someone who walks in on his wife fucking the mail man isn't going to stop and think "well if i murder this guy and my slut wife then i'll be in a hole for 100 years", no, i think they are thinking "that fucking bitccchhhh is gonna diiiieeee" heheh.

To me the death penalty has always been about justice (not vengeance).  If you take the life of someone else, you should lose the priveledge of having your own.  it keeps society safe from you ever doing it again. 

i do like the idea of murderers being put away in a dark hole too, but i can only imagine the cost of that as well as the space issues.  I"m sure you'd have people crying that that was "cruel and unusual" punishment as well. 

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2007, 01:51:39 PM »

One more thing...in response to D's statement: ?"A guy rapes and kills your mom and sister then bashes your dads brains in.

Would u still say the same?"

The answer in my eyes lies with my previous post. ?Knowing he was to rot away like I described in the previous post, oh yeah, I'd feel good about that...........but....if I found him before all of that, I can say that he wouldn't be safe. ?It's natural impulse, the whole "eye for an eye." ?Naturally, you'd want to give him what he gave your family, but, we have to hope for the rest of our loved ones' sakes that we control our impulses unlike the murderer. ?Sinking to their level isn't admirable in the least. ?no

I just read hannahat's last post while posting this one, hahah that's great!  "Cruel and unusual," ha!  I'd be a Democrat unlike all others I guess.  Let's hear the neo-cons say I'm soft on crime!!!   rofl

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »

I just read hannahat's last post while posting this one, hahah that's great!  "Cruel and unusual," ha!  I'd be a Democrat unlike all others I guess.  Let's hear the neo-cons say I'm soft on crime!!!   rofl

just to clarify, I didn't say it would be "cruel and unusual" -- i think it would be awesome  ok    But i'm sure there would be a few groups who would call that isolation "mean".

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »

I just read hannahat's last post while posting this one, hahah that's great!? "Cruel and unusual," ha!? I'd be a Democrat unlike all others I guess.? Let's hear the neo-cons say I'm soft on crime!!!? ?rofl

just to clarify, I didn't say it would be "cruel and unusual" -- i think it would be awesome? ok? ? But i'm sure there would be a few groups who would call that isolation "mean".

Don't worry Hanna, I knew you had common sense!   Cool  If I was at my press conference, and someone mentioned that treatment was "mean," I'd say, "You're damn right it's mean!"  Next, I'll read a grizzly description of the murder scene...the children left behind...etc., etc.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »

just to clarify, I didn't say it would be "cruel and unusual" -- i think it would be awesome  ok    But i'm sure there would be a few groups who would call that isolation "mean".

Don't worry Hanna, I knew you had common sense!   Cool  If I was at my press conference, and someone mentioned that treatment was "mean," I'd say, "You're damn right it's mean!"  Next, I'll read a grizzly description of the murder scene...the children left behind...etc., etc.

EXACTLY.  the bleeding hearts always forget that side of the coin.   I think crime scene photos should be mandatory viewing for jurors/judges when they come up with their sentencing....

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »

most (def not all) I would imagine weren't living comfortable lives BEFORE they were in prison (otherwise, why commit a crime risking you'd go to jail in the first place).  prison isn't a picnic, but you get fed, housed, clothed and entertained.  why should an honest, law abiding person on minimum wage struggle to have those things when a piece of shit multiple rapist/murder gets them for free?

I think there's certainly an argument to be made about the privileges violent prisoners get, but that argument has little to do with death.  It's not as if we have two choices: prison with all the fixins or death.  I'd also argue that freedom to come and go as you choose is a greater luxury than any other, and is one that is, of course, denied to these offenders. 

Being fed, housed, and clothed aren't luxuries.  Those are basic human needs, and denial of those would be cruel. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »

EXACTLY.  the bleeding hearts always forget that side of the coin.   I think crime scene photos should be mandatory viewing for jurors/judges when they come up with their sentencing....

Doesn't 1st degree murder carry a mandatory life sentence in many states?  I'm just not certain this would be that relevant.  Also, I'm not crazy about trying to play on a judges emotions.  They're meant to be neutral, and in most case they simply rubber stamp the sentence that the jury recommends.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: