Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days  (Read 29959 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2007, 02:38:27 PM »

most (def not all) I would imagine weren't living comfortable lives BEFORE they were in prison (otherwise, why commit a crime risking you'd go to jail in the first place).? prison isn't a picnic, but you get fed, housed, clothed and entertained.? why should an honest, law abiding person on minimum wage struggle to have those things when a piece of shit multiple rapist/murder gets them for free?

I think there's certainly an argument to be made about the privileges violent prisoners get, but that argument has little to do with death.? It's not as if we have two choices: prison with all the fixins or death.? I'd also argue that freedom to come and go as you choose is a greater luxury than any other, and is one that is, of course, denied to these offenders.?

Being fed, housed, and clothed aren't luxuries.? Those are basic human needs, and denial of those would be cruel.?

I dare you to find a line in any of my rants a spot where I denied the "life in prison" lot food, shelter, or clothing.  Nope, I sure didn't.  Maybe you want to try the "being deprived of human companionship" angle?  If people call that cruel, tough sh!t. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »

I dare you to find a line in any of my rants a spot where I denied the "life in prison" lot food, shelter, or clothing.? Nope, I sure didn't.? Maybe you want to try the "being deprived of human companionship" angle?? If people call that cruel, tough sh!t.?

Actually, I think prisoners are more likely to have an issue with forced human companionship (of the anal variety).  I've always thought that was the price they paid for the free food, clothing and shelter.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

I dare you to find a line in any of my rants a spot where I denied the "life in prison" lot food, shelter, or clothing.? Nope, I sure didn't.? Maybe you want to try the "being deprived of human companionship" angle?? If people call that cruel, tough sh!t.?

Actually, I think prisoners are more likely to have an issue with forced human companionship (of the anal variety).? I've always thought that was the price they paid for the free food, clothing and shelter.

Ha, funny, yeah I think that's a concern of new inmates.  I still think my idea is alot scarier.  Hell, from what ya see, that just becomes normal everyday activity anyway.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »

I dare you to find a line in any of my rants a spot where I denied the "life in prison" lot food, shelter, or clothing.  Nope, I sure didn't.  Maybe you want to try the "being deprived of human companionship" angle?  If people call that cruel, tough sh!t. 

I'm not sure if by "companionship" you mean human contact or sex.  If you mean sex, I'd say it's no more cruel than being a dorky teenager!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »

I'm not sure if by "companionship" you mean human contact or sex.? If you mean sex, I'd say it's no more cruel than being a dorky teenager!

I'm sorry I didn't specify.  In earlier posts I mentioned it meant no human contact period.  No fellow inmates, no prison staff, no family...hell, if they need medical intervention, I want the doctor in a freaking space-suit.  It would be a truly awful existence.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2007, 03:48:38 PM »

EXACTLY.  the bleeding hearts always forget that side of the coin.   I think crime scene photos should be mandatory viewing for jurors/judges when they come up with their sentencing....

Doesn't 1st degree murder carry a mandatory life sentence in many states?  I'm just not certain this would be that relevant.  Also, I'm not crazy about trying to play on a judges emotions.  They're meant to be neutral, and in most case they simply rubber stamp the sentence that the jury recommends.

the facts/evidence of a muder scene are just that - facts and evidence.  if they are disturbing, that is a secondary effect.  people should see what true evil can do before they pass judgement on it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »

EXACTLY.  the bleeding hearts always forget that side of the coin.   I think crime scene photos should be mandatory viewing for jurors/judges when they come up with their sentencing....

Doesn't 1st degree murder carry a mandatory life sentence in many states?  I'm just not certain this would be that relevant.  Also, I'm not crazy about trying to play on a judges emotions.  They're meant to be neutral, and in most case they simply rubber stamp the sentence that the jury recommends.

the facts/evidence of a muder scene are just that - facts and evidence.  if they are disturbing, that is a secondary effect.  people should see what true evil can do before they pass judgement on it.

I don't have a problem with them being presented as facts and evidence.  The problem is that they're presented as such during the case and, I would imagine, this is repeated somewhat during the sentencing phase.  I'm no lawyer, but the ridiculous amounts of coverage given to trials in this country seems to remind me that each side gets to make a case in the sentencing phase.  The prosecution parades the victim's family, and they talk about the saint that was their lost family member, etc.; the defense parades the defendant's family, and they talk about how he was a good kid, and wanted to be a veterinarian.  It's all a big spectacle, considering that the guy is already convicted and is facing a mandatory minimum life sentence.       

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

I don't have a problem with them being presented as facts and evidence.  The problem is that they're presented as such during the case and, I would imagine, this is repeated somewhat during the sentencing phase.  I'm no lawyer, but the ridiculous amounts of coverage given to trials in this country seems to remind me that each side gets to make a case in the sentencing phase.  The prosecution parades the victim's family, and they talk about the saint that was their lost family member, etc.; the defense parades the defendant's family, and they talk about how he was a good kid, and wanted to be a veterinarian.  It's all a big spectacle, considering that the guy is already convicted and is facing a mandatory minimum life sentence.       

I think you're exaggerating now.....there are hundreds of murder cases a year, they all dont' make the national news.  what you described sounds like an OJ trial.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »

I think you're exaggerating now.....there are hundreds of murder cases a year, they all dont' make the national news.  what you described sounds like an OJ trial.

Murder cases make the news all the time.  Some are shown on CourtTV, others are discussed endlessly on cable news networks.  Yeah, the OJ trial kind of gave it a kick start, but it's still all over.  How long was that Scott Peterson trial on the news?  For a couple of months while she was missing, and then he was arrested, and then the trial, and then he was convicted, and then sentenced, and then there was a made for TV movie.  Do we focus in on every case like this?  Thankfully, no.  But when we latch on to one of 'em, it's a bombardment for months on end.  Anyway, the fact that they're on TV has little to do with my point...it's just the source of my knowledge about the point I was making.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2007, 11:01:44 PM »

Heres a new video of saddam after they hung him. Its pretty graphic.

http://ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/saddam-after-hanging.html

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2007, 07:03:43 AM »

gross!  hihi   is that his tongue sticking out of that hole in his neck?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »

for the german / french people here, there is a good documentary on ARTE TV right now on Saddam's trial.
very interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: