Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam Hussein to be Executed within 30 days  (Read 30386 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2006, 03:25:29 PM »

ive seen the video showing his dead body, it looks as though his neck is completly broke

can i see?
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »

On the menu this evening: Kurds and whey with fried eggs, Sunni side up. Or if you prefer a good old fashion shit sandwich (Americans sure are used to the taste by now.)

The distraction mechanism has been set and is in full swing. 24/7 news channels will be regurgitating this story for months.

Osama who again?

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »

heres the link: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3a00b5684

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »

Shocked

yeah, it looks like his neck is broken, definitely
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »

Holy smokes!  I just saw this picture on the news of Saddam Hussein shaking hands with Osama Bin Laden!  Damn!  There was a connection between Saddam and Osama after all!  They must have really been cozy with each other...oops, my bad, that was a pic of Saddam shaking hands with good ol' Donald Rumsfeld.   Wink  Back when Saddam was best buddies with the U.S.

Back on topic.  Okay, he's dead, does everybody feel great now?  This is all so ridiculous.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

heres some footage of the hanging, its real shaky and shittty tho.  it happened quick  Shocked
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7532034279766935521
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2006, 07:24:26 PM »

heres some footage of the hanging, its real shaky and shittty tho.? it happened quick? Shocked

wow, that was intense  Shocked

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »

Holy smokes!? I just saw this picture on the news of Saddam Hussein shaking hands with Osama Bin Laden!? Damn!? There was a connection between Saddam and Osama after all!? They must have really been cozy with each other...oops, my bad, that was a pic of Saddam shaking hands with good ol' Donald Rumsfeld.? ?Wink? Back when Saddam was best buddies with the U.S.

Back on topic.? Okay, he's dead, does everybody feel great now?? This is all so ridiculous.? ?Sad

Yup, that about says it all.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »

Holy smokes!? I just saw this picture on the news of Saddam Hussein shaking hands with Osama Bin Laden!? Damn!? There was a connection between Saddam and Osama after all!? They must have really been cozy with each other...oops, my bad, that was a pic of Saddam shaking hands with good ol' Donald Rumsfeld.? ?Wink? Back when Saddam was best buddies with the U.S.

Back on topic.? Okay, he's dead, does everybody feel great now?? This is all so ridiculous.? ?Sad

What astounds me is how no one talks about the US's relationship with Saddam.  Hell, we even celebrated his birthday with him before the first Gulf War.  Or what about the reports that our country gave him a wink and a nod when it came to invading Kuwait, letting him know to do it, but do it quietly. 
Also, you can see video of Rumsfeld and Hussein together in Fahrenheit 911.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2006, 11:15:48 PM »

heres some footage of the hanging, its real shaky and shittty tho.  it happened quick  Shocked

He diddnt seem to suffer like the masses he ordered put to death. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2006, 12:10:54 AM »

He diddnt seem to suffer like the masses he ordered put to death. 

yeah, his neck broke on the way down... it would have been pretty bad to have video of him hanging their, trying to breathe as he died though.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2006, 12:23:35 AM »

hmmm if there was no guy in the first picture being hung , the guy in the second picture would not be there ?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2006, 12:26:08 AM »

What astounds me is how no one talks about the US's relationship with Saddam.  Hell, we even celebrated his birthday with him before the first Gulf War.  Or what about the reports that our country gave him a wink and a nod when it came to invading Kuwait, letting him know to do it, but do it quietly. 

I think, as far as invasion to Kuwait was concerned, the US tried to have their cake and eat it as well. Saddam was facing an economical crisis at the time and was also receiving billions of American dollars to withhold from an alliance with the Soviets. Also, the US goverment wasn't giving him a direct message on how they'd react if Iraq would invade Kuwait. After the invasion, everyone in the outside world paniced about the possible high-rise in oil prices, which was ultimately the one thing that set the wheels in motion.

The funny thing is, before the invasion to Kuwait, Saddam had been affiliated to the US goverment for varying degrees for over 30 years. It was only then when he was considered an enemy of the state, a position he held about another 15 years. A week short of 20 years after shaking hands with Rumsfield, Saddam was found by US military from a hole in the ground. He did manage to see his old comrade being removed from office and charged of war crimes. This year proved to be one that would be the end for both of them.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2006, 01:28:21 AM »

Okay, he's dead, does everybody feel great now?  This is all so ridiculous.   Sad

Bingo!

I might just have a place in my cabinet for you yet!  Wink

In the big picture of the 'war on terror' this is non-news (that is until we see if this does indeed help create more terrorists or create more terror attacks in iraq, but so far it seems to be just the normal amount of people dying  Undecided  )

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2006, 01:30:42 AM »

Osama who again?

Bingo #2

Actually, this should have been number 1.  Does anyone else find it rather pathetic/ironic that, from an American/War On Terror POV, the wrong guy is hanging?

We should be on the Afghan/Paki border looking in caves and not driving around Iraqi streets waiting for the next IED to maim/kill US soldiers.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2006, 03:35:50 AM »

We have to stop our insatiable addiction to fossil fuel. The USA is the world's biggest dope addict. We liked oil at first, but we are beyond that now - we will kill our own kids to get more, and like all addicts, we will eventually die a premature death from it.

-Lenny Bruce
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2006, 09:07:02 AM »

I love the spin people put on Saddam's death.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »

Iraqi-Americans Cheer Saddam's Death

DEARBORN, Mich. Dec 30, 2006 (AP)? With tears in his eyes and a grin on his face, 13-year-old Ali Al-Najjar watched his father celebrate the death of Saddam Hussein.

The Dearborn resident was emotional Friday night not only did his dream of the former Iraqi president's execution come true, but he said he was witnessing a rare occurrence.

"This is the first time I've seen my dad this happy," he said as he watched the crowd of about 200 Iraqi-Americans cheer outside a Detroit-area mosque as drivers honked horns in jubilation. "I've been praying for this all my life."

His father, Imam Husham Al-Husainy, the director of the Karbalaa Islamic Educational Center mosque, had gathered some of the men earlier in the night, praying for the death of the former Iraqi dictator.

The crowd swelled until the announcement of Saddam's execution rippled throughout the gathering, leading some to dance and sing and others to fall to their knees and cry. Many draped Iraqi and American flags on their heads, shoulders and car hoods.

Chants of "Now there's peace, Saddam is dead" in English and Arabic rang into the night.

"This is our celebration of the death of Saddam," said Al-Husainy while standing on top of a car following reports that Saddam had been hanged. "The gift of our New Year is the murder of Saddam Hussein.

"If you want to share the Iraqi people's happiness for the death of Saddam, raise your voice and your hands."

The crowd responded with resounding cheers.

The Detroit area contains one of the nation's largest concentrations of people with roots in the Middle East, including an Iraqi community of Chaldeans, who are Catholic, Arabs and Kurds. Many from Iraq fled their homeland during the rule of Saddam.

In Dearborn, Dave Alwatan was among those who gathered at the Karbalaa center. He wore an Iraqi flag around his shoulders and grinned. He flashed a peace sign at everyone he passed.

"Peace," he said, smiling and laughing. "Now there will be peace for my family."

Alwatan, 32, an Iraqi-American, said Saddam's forces tortured and killed family members that were left behind when he left Iraq in 1991.

Others expressed a similar sense of relief.

"I feel like I lost something all my life and today it is found," said Moshtaq al-Bazaz, of Windsor, Ontario, who used to live in Dearborn and still prays at the mosque.

Some local Arab-American leaders predicted that Saddam's execution will increase violence overseas and leave the Iraqi people unsettled.

Osama Siblani, publisher of The Arab American News and chairman of several local Arab-American groups, said Saddam's death sentence is one more casualty in a war that has killed thousands, and it will not solve the power struggle among Iraqi religious groups.

"The execution might bring some amusement and accomplishment to the Bush administration, but it will not help the Iraqi people," Siblani said.

Edward Odisho, 68, an Iraqi refugee since 1981 who now lives in Morton Grove, Ill., said it will take time for Iraqis to recover from Saddam's reign.

"It will take one to two generations to eradicate the garbage left over from Saddam Hussein and to re-establish a healthy generation," said Odisho, a linguistics professor at Northeastern Illinois University.

Rauf Naqishbendi, 53, an Iraqi Kurd from Halabja who now lives a few miles south of San Francisco moved to the U.S. in 1977.

Naqishbendi said he was pleased that Saddam was being executed, but lamented that it will not bring back family members who he said were gassed by the dictator's henchman in 1988.

"Psychologically the execution is good news, and people will feel that justice has been served," he said. "But the reality is that it's not going to bring back my family members who he killed."

Associated Press writers David Runk in Detroit, Carla K. Johnson in Chicago and Jason Dearen in San Francisco contributed to this report.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »

I love the spin people put on Saddam's death.

What spin?

The biggest spin ever was the "War on terror"-If it was about terrorism, we would be in Somalia and have twenty divisions in Afghanistan. Bush has yet to effect any serious damage to Al-Qaeda, Osama, or any other bad guys, in fact the opposite has happened. They are all out there operating at will, sending lobotomized loonies to Iraq to confront us. Saddam being snuffed out is about as relevant as the dollar bill Bud Fox found in his jean pocket yesterday.

-Lenny Bruce
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

Hey Fox, why are you even a member of this forum?  You haven't posted once in any GN'R related area of this board.  Assuming you are an independent account and not an extra for another poster, why come here to flame and add your naieve and hateful views?  You've done nothing but hangout in the jungle and call people who have a different opinion than you fascists, stooges and many other insults.  Furthermore, the majority of your posts lack any substance or thought.  You obviously come here to argue on politics, so maybe you should stay at SLC's joint where you're more appreciated.

On topic, this drives the message home that no one is safe from being held accountable.  I agree, we should go after Bin Laden, but the man hasn't been seen in years and is in a constant state of hiding - quite different than what he was just a few years ago.  Bin Laden will be found, and he will suffer the same fate as Hussein.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: