Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227939 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Night Train anyone?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Train anyone?  (Read 24021 times)
thealterman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 01:11:42 AM »

you can get it in trenton nj.  I used to get it there when i was in college or visiting.  its some good stuff!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 01:18:09 AM »

Yeah you can get it in here in New Jersey. I know a few places that carry it. Just drink it cold I made the mistake first time.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
holland_49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 02:12:53 AM »

You can get it here in Illinois where I live too.  Definitely be drunk before you start drinking it and have a bottle of Ibuprofen by the bed for the ungodly hangover you'll have.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »

Inspired by this thread, I got up this morning and called a couple local wine shops. Most balked or simply never heard of it. Then I "lowered" my aim and started hitting up some of the general liquer stores. Hit one, right next door (to Hell) to where I was going later. I picked up a bottle for next to nothing. They were all dusty, looks like they don't move too many of them. The clerk gave me this wild look like "Why are you buying bum's booze?" Doesn't matter. I believe everyone when they say it tastes like utter shite, so this is more for the sentimental value of me saying "Yeah, Night Train, I have a bottle of that somewhere." It is sitting in the fridge right now though, I'm planning on at least a taste before I give up on it.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 03:34:58 PM »

Well enjoy that first sip.  I've had it to just to say I tried it.  It ain't bad but don't get drunk on it!  Your body will be cleaning out impurities for a couple days.  The guys lived hard dirty lives before they made it.  Nightrain and Marlboro Reds, coke and meds...........and yet none of them is dead.  You're coming pretty damn close Steven!  Shape up!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 05:19:05 PM »

Well enjoy that first sip.  I've had it to just to say I tried it.  It ain't bad but don't get drunk on it!  Your body will be cleaning out impurities for a couple days.  The guys lived hard dirty lives before they made it.  Nightrain and Marlboro Reds, coke and meds...........and yet none of them is dead.  You're coming pretty damn close Steven!  Shape up!

Update: I took that first sip and...you're right, it ain't that bad. It's definately got a kick, but in a trashy way it's also kinda sweet (in the taste sense, not the sentimental one). Again, not something I'd sit around and drink just for the hell of it, it seems to have its purpose, and I wouldn't gulp it all too fast, but to anyone else who wants to ride the Nighttrain who hasn't, give it a shot. The worst it'll do is put you back $3.50 and give you a headache.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2007, 06:39:04 PM »

In Providence. i have a bottle of it. Try 3 Ring, i think thats where i got it beer

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

3.50? Damn its only 1.79 here.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »

3.50? Damn its only 1.79 here.
Yeah, for the 02 concert in Minneapolis is was only $1.50 a bottle.  This time around it was $4 a bottle...who knows, supply and demand I suppose.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
cocoscum
Opening Act

So far out from the shore

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2007, 04:13:14 AM »

In Providence. i have a bottle of it. Try 3 Ring, i think thats where i got it beer

i'll be in providence on friday, where is 3 ring at?

Trust me.  I'm probably drunk.
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 04:47:21 AM »

i love that stuff, and i can't ever get enough!!! drool hihi

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 03:33:13 PM »

I purchased my Night Train more for memorabilia purposes...but I do plan on trying it.  Wish there was a show coming up...perfect excuse to be "loaded like a freight train!"  hihi
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »

Night Train was my first drink ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was like 15, I stood outside of a liquer store and asked one of the black dudes going in to buy me some wine - I gave him six bucks and he came out with two bottles of Night Train - one for him and one for me! I didn't even ask for that brand - I didn't know shit - he just bought what he usually drinks and decided to get the same for me. I drank the whole thing myself - yeah it ranks with Boones Farm but it kicks your ass - wasted and sick as a dog the next morning. And then I continued to drink Night Train until I got a fake id and then I moved on to mickeys big mouth malt liquer and night train _ when you are a poor college student nothing like a bottle of night train or little kings for $4.99 a case! Needless to say, I wouldn't mind revisiting the night train again but I'm afraid of the consequences of the next morning because now I can drink a whole bottle myself without much repercussion.

You can get it in Chicago at most local liquer stores but the chains don't really carry it cause it is kind of known as a bum's wine or poor stupid college students Friday night.

I am proud to say I was introduced even before GNR wrote the song! Nighttrain is my favorite song period - take my credit card to the liquer store and that's one for you and two for me (that's what it takes now) by tonight - I'll be loaded like a freight train! But I love feeling like a space brain!

Drink up but be forewarned!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »

This time around it was $4 a bottle...who knows, supply and demand I suppose.

$4 for this is pretty damn expensive I think! If I'm not mistaken, Night Train is around 17% alcohol. Here you can find decent wine around 4-5 euros and some of them are 14%...and when I mean decent, it's nothing that tastes like how Night Train is described.

cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2007, 07:42:30 PM »

almost every liquor store in my area has it...it's also less than $3.00 a bottle.  That stuff gives me a really angry drunk though!  After playing beersketball with it one weekend and pretty much kicking my family and friends out of the house, I decided not to drink it anymore.  I like my friends and family  Cheesy  Be warned!!!! smoking
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2007, 04:02:33 AM »

Fuck Night Train, try this? ?Cool shotofabsinthe.com Cool

Hell yeah now you're talking. I like the black the best, a word of warning though do not try to drink a full bottle in one night, not a good idea! rofl rofl

slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2007, 06:44:52 PM »

How about a few bottles of Night Train during your first listen to Chinese Democracy? smoking

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 08:17:17 PM »

By the way, that absinthe website being bandied about in this thread is full of shit and sells bogus "absinthe." I drink La Fee. Thujone is not a psychoactive.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2007, 08:27:22 PM »

When Chinese Democracy comes out, I will get my copy, come home, and open a bottle of the devil and punish myself for waiting in agony for all these years. It will be the last time I touch Night Train. Unless of course I wind up going to a concert with Sex Kitten...all bets are off then!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2007, 08:36:22 PM »

What we do when we drink it, is get like 4 of us together, crank up the song, and slam the bottle before the song is over....i ONLY drink it to the song, and ONLY with those specific people.....the shits nasty...when i flew to Minneapolis for the show, I told my friend there to bring a couple bottles...well, she ended up getting a whole case of 12, lol, after the weekend we still had 8 left, so i left it all at my buddys place, and unless he gets absolutly desprerate for a drink, I'm assuming it'll still be there the next time I go for a visit.

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: