Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)  (Read 105610 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #400 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:11 AM »

was it this?

I would be gettting the GNR 2006 tour logo done tonight...but the one i want was from the video that was on youtube for the Shaklers video. It was titled "For the Real Fans" had tour pics and this cool logo near the end of the song.

Logo was a big star with red rays comming off it.  If someone could help me out, would be much appreciated. I've looked all over the net tonight but can't find a pic of it anywhere.  of coures its taken off youtube the wk before i most needed to see it!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »

Thanks, but thats not quit the same logo as i'm looking for.   similar, but the rays are fewer and thicker and just at the top on the one i can't find.  The design with chineese writing (below  "GNR"on logo above)  is whats below the star on the one i'm looking for...but instead of the chineese writing it said 2006. apreciate you trying though Chief.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2008, 01:30:04 AM »

Thanks, but thats not quit the same logo as i'm looking for.   similar, but the rays are fewer and thicker and just at the top on the one i can't find.  The design with chineese writing (below  "GNR"on logo above)  is whats below the star on the one i'm looking for...but instead of the chineese writing it said 2006. apreciate you trying though Chief.

Is it the star found on tour posters from 2006?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »

I'm sure I'm gonna get me a "gnr" tattoo in the future. But I would go for something subtle, a reference in some way, but no logo's or something. Perhaps a lyric.....but that ain't too subtle....dunno. Tattoo's rock and are very addictive, my arms are already filled with maori

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2008, 08:46:39 AM »

I'm sure I'm gonna get me a "gnr" tattoo in the future. But I would go for something subtle, a reference in some way, but no logo's or something. Perhaps a lyric.....but that ain't too subtle....dunno. Tattoo's rock and are very addictive, my arms are already filled with maori

I think this is cool on the inside of your arm/wrist.

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #405 on: November 08, 2008, 11:29:33 AM »

Is it the star found on tour posters from 2006?

It was alot alike the 2006 tour posters, but modified abit, same star with GNR in the middle, but this one had thick red rays at top and that design at bottom.  Maybe this logo is customized by the maker of the vid?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2008, 12:04:12 PM »

it'd be cool to get a tattoo like the afd cross, but with all real members of the band.  i hope that there's a design like that in the new album somewhere. 

Your funny!   hihi..your not serious are you??...REAL members...haha dude...come on.  NEW members on AFD cross is rediculas!! i'm sure it won't be anywhere on the new album!! Would be damn sad if it was!!
Appetite and CD represent different levels of the band over time, merging those two together, would clearly be a conflict of interest so to speak, is that what you want to represent? Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »

That would be utterly disrespectful to the original GNR !!...and embarissing for the new GNR, i would think they would want to create they OWN logo and identity! not alter a well known symbol that represents GNR from almost 20 years ago!!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

i didn't literally mean they should redo the afd cross. but something like it that could be iconic and show you who's in the band.  people are going to want to get new gnr tattos when new gnr albums come out.  just a fact.  i'd be cool if they had an option that included the new members of the band too.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »

If anybody downloaded the  Shaklers vid from Youtube titled "For the Real Fans", would be much appreciated if they can send it to me so i can get that logo tattooed. thanks.
melaniefelanie
Opening Act

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

I have Guns N' Roses in black cursive on the back of my neck ... Kind of lame but there's a story as to why I got it.  Plus I'm very proud of it cause it was my first tattoo when I was 16
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »

*caugh-Tamoko bro
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2009, 01:32:03 AM »

I have had a long, difficult year that has resulted in a huge transition in my life.  I am thinking about getting my first tattoo.  I was wondering if people can give me tips based on their experiences.  Regrets?  Lessons learned?  Suggestions?  What to expect? 

I am thinking about getting something on my left arm/shoulder.  Probably something on the bigger side that can at least partly go around my arm as well.  Also, if anyone has any recommendations in LA, please let me know.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2009, 02:49:13 AM »

Hey Nostradamus.

I took my first after being close to a bad accident five or six years ago. Luckily no one was hurt but after looking the scene the next morning I realized it was really close.

I've had the idea for my first tattoo a while before that, but that kind of made my mind, and having a reason behind it tattoo, a story, makes it more than just a pretty picture.

And after five years I've had no regrets for taking it.

Here's what I did; I took a scetch of the tattoo to a place called Needlepoint, where a guy called Antti drew his version based on the pic and ideas I gave to him. Then we modified it a few times until I was happy with it and did the ink on my shoulder.

I took a new one in my chest last summer/fall and I must say,  the shoulder/arm is relatively painless place to take the ink.

Keep in mind that having a fresh tattoo is like having a third degree burn.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »

Hey Nostradamus.

Here's what I did; I took a scetch of the tattoo to a place called Needlepoint, where a guy called Antti drew his version based on the pic and ideas I gave to him. Then we modified it a few times until I was happy with it and did the ink on my shoulder.

Keep in mind that having a fresh tattoo is like having a third degree burn.

I'm seconding this - if you can't find the EXACT picture you want or need, it's best if you take it into the shop and get your lad (or lass) to tweak it/redesign it/whatever. Custom work is ALWAYS cooler than a copy of someone else's. (remember the craze for kanji tattoos? tribals? old-school? don't jump on the bandwagon!!)  I took a design that my gf drew into the studio and then basically ended up throwing it out the window in favour of something bigger, badder and designed for me personally. :3  the second one was a walk-in of a septagram that I wanted for a while. bored and have money - buy yourself some pain. go figure.

and yeah, a fresh tattoo is like a 3rd degree burn on the surface and a big fat bruise underneath.  mm....my favourite kinda pain...

oh tips...if you're getting a big piece done, bring a pack of super extremely minty take-the-top-of-your-head-off gum.  it's a great distraction. :p

Bodycount - choice bro!!! Cheesy

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2009, 01:31:28 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'm a professional in an industry that probably doesn't look to fondly on them.  However, my general feeling is f#%k it.  It shouldn't be a problem most of the time as I have to wear business casual, but I want it high enough on my arm so that if I wear a short sleeve shirt it doesn't really show.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but I am hoping to find someone that can work with my idea and put their own artistic touch to it.
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'm a professional in an industry that probably doesn't look to fondly on them.  However, my general feeling is f#%k it.  It shouldn't be a problem most of the time as I have to wear business casual, but I want it high enough on my arm so that if I wear a short sleeve shirt it doesn't really show.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want, but I am hoping to find someone that can work with my idea and put their own artistic touch to it.

any tattoo artist should be only too happy to work with you.  if the sucker ain't, he's not worthy to mark ya!  best of luck mate.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »

Has anyone had the chance to check out Kat Von D's new book?  3 of my tattoos are in it, check it out if you get the chance.
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #418 on: January 31, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

doubt i'll be able to get my paws on it anytime soon, eh.

got pics of your own?

Raistlin
Opening Act

« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

I am getting my second tattoo soon and I want to do a black and white portrait of Axl.  I am having a very hard time finding the perfect picture, and was wondering if anyone had any pictures that meet my requirements.

Essentially I am looking for a complete head shot, with no bandana, hat or glasses.  His hair nice and neat and no microphones blocking anything.  I have gone through a few hundred different pix of Axl and found a couple potentials, but nothing that really hits me as perfect.

My first tattoo i designed myself, but for a portrait that is rather difficult.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've worked too hard for my illusions, just to throw them all away.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: