Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)  (Read 105552 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2003, 07:36:37 PM »

When I got my tattoo, all the guy did was take the picture I wanted and outlined it with ink to make a stencil that he applied to my skin and then filled the stencil in with the tattoo ink.

So maybe if you just Xerox the part with the demon that you want and then reduce it down to the size that you want on your body, the tattoo guy could use that as his "stencil".

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mich-ellie
Headliner

cry me a river shitbag.

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2003, 11:00:32 PM »

Go to another shop.

Any good artist would prefer to re-draw it for themselves and familiarize themselves with what they are working with.
Most artists understand people don't have a ton of cash, so they try to be understanding. Shop around, but never substitute quality and cleanliness for a cheaper price.  It's there for life, so you want it to look good, and you don't want an hiv infection from a dirty needle.

I have a ton of ink myself, and getting tattoos is a really good thing, just be CAREFUL. If you need any advice, feel free to msg me.

good luck.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2003, 04:16:57 PM »

Thanx Mich-elle, but I have plenty of ink myself, and just thought by asking I would get some help in the matter. Big mistake that was.

read the word under your avatar [hihi]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2003, 04:20:25 PM by XxWickeds10xX » Logged
lauren_uk
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2003, 04:30:18 PM »

Huh  I want the cross off of the Appetite For Destruction
CD cover tattooed on my back but i want it with out the bands heads, does n e 1 know where i can get a picture of the cross wiv out the heads if u do please tell!!! thanx! love

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2003, 08:05:41 AM »

Huh  I want the cross off of the Appetite For Destruction
CD cover tattooed on my back but i want it with out the bands heads, does n e 1 know where i can get a picture of the cross wiv out the heads if u do please tell!!! thanx! love

any tattoo artist worth a shit should be able to look at the cover and draw it free hand without the skulls on it then put it on your back, im gonna get something similiar to axls on my forearm one of these days. just take the pic as is to the tattoo shop and they should be able to do it dead on without the skulls

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2003, 05:39:43 PM »

BOSS! De PLANE!!!!!!

Oh I thought you meant the other tatoo sorry.... Wink Tongue
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2003, 09:20:52 PM »

BOSS! De PLANE!!!!!!

Oh I thought you meant the other tatoo sorry.... Wink Tongue
glad to know i am not the only person who thought that, LOL, Thanks Wink Grin

Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2003, 11:33:59 PM »

any tattoo artist worth a shit should be able to look at the cover and draw it free hand without the skulls on it then put it on your back, im gonna get something similiar to axls on my forearm one of these days. just take the pic as is to the tattoo shop and they should be able to do it dead on without the skulls

Any tattoo artist could do it, except that they do not know what the deisgn underneath those skulls looks like. Take a good look at it, there's no way to know exactly how it goes.

Luckly for you lauren I have that exact tattoo on my right arm. I want something GnR related, but i don't ever want to get a tattoo with words, and I since it was my first tattoo, I didn't want to get anything that i may ever regret. Since I'm pretty religious, and I love GnR the cross without the skulls was the perfect alternative. So i spent a bunch of time drawing the cross out on my computer, and making a design for underneath the skulls that i thought was cool. So I still have it saved on my computer. If you want it just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2003, 12:04:17 AM »

I once got a tattoo, actually.  But then it washed off.  rofl

Btw, if you want to hear a funny (but good) song about the subject, take a listen to "Tattoo" by The Who.  Cool guitar, really funny lyrics.  ok
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2004, 04:41:33 PM »

Seriously, how much do these babys hurt?
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2004, 05:50:34 PM »

Well, it depends on where you get the tattoo, how big it is, and how much of a wuss you are.   Grin

My tats are dainty little feminine things- rose on my shoulder and a sun around my navel.  So, the pain wasn't bad at all.  
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2004, 07:20:53 PM »

i have 4 tattoos and during 3 of em each on my arms i sit there and talked to the guy like we were just chillin drivin downt he highway didnt feel anything

the one on my back when it gets close to the center hurts somewhat, nothing uc ant really stand

feels like u have a sunburn and someone keeps smackin it thats bout how bad it hurts in my opinion on your back
arms aint shit

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2004, 11:08:34 PM »

I remember when I got mine thinking that it really doesn't hurt that bad - more like a burning sensation.  Nothing you couldn't easily tolerate.  But I also remember wishing the guy would hurry up and finish because it seemed to take forever.

Mine is a yellow rose with green leaves and the stem goes through a red heart and curls at the bottom.  The whole thing is outlined in black.  I don't remember the outline - which they do first - hurting at all.  It wasn't until the coloring-in part that I felt that slight burning sensation.

Just be careful what design you pick ... because they say it's EXTREMELY painful to have it removed.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Chris Misfit
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2004, 05:23:43 AM »

Anyone who says it doesn't hurt is a liar, straight up. Set your macho pride aside, it's a needle going into your skin two thousand times a minute, of course it hurts.

Some of it is barable, ie. the coulouring in. The outline is the worst, the colouring in is annoying because of the time it takes.

I guess it also depends how much fat/muscle you have on your body, the closer your skin is to the bone, the more it's gonna hurt. My first one killed, but I was a wretch back then (6 years ago).

If you're going for your first one, get a small one. Easy to get rid of and easy to cover up, if you decide against it afterwards.

I'm hoping to start a full sleeve soon, within the next year, to do it I will need two tattoos covered.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2004, 05:34:37 AM »

I have been wanting to get one for a while on my upper arm. Still haven't gotten around to it yet. Can't imagine it being THAT painful. I'm sure there will be some pain though...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2004, 06:02:26 AM »

Yeah, I've just re-read my post, and maybe I was a bit OTT.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2004, 07:06:47 AM »

I have been wanting to get one for a while on my upper arm. Still haven't gotten around to it yet. Can't imagine it being THAT painful. I'm sure there will be some pain though...

Ur the man that nature couldn't destroy, with more broken bones that most hospitals treat in a year, if you have survived all that any tatoo won't be a problem! hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2004, 07:45:16 AM »

i mean u feel it but its not like pain that makes u wanna scream, i mean it causes some discomfort but nothing outrageous

no macho pride here, the ones on my arms really didnt hurt at all, i mean yeah i can feel the poke but like i said i just talked to the guy, no ouches, tensing up or nothing like that but i have an enormous amount of muscle so i think that is why i didnt feel it as much, however when it gets close to your bicep it does get more sharp

the back ok i was being a little macho there, the back is pretty painful in my opinion of course i got a very detailed very colorful tattoo, it has two suns with a sword going down the middle of a ying yang sign with snakes around the sword it took like 5 hours and the outline hurt, it felt like someone stickin a hot poker to your back when it got close to the spine

once again u tolerate it cause u cant stop once it has started, the pain was worth it though for that one

but seriously tattoos on your upper shoulder *right above bicep or in the middle of your bicep/tricep arent that painful at least not in myopinion

im bout to get a nipple ring i heard they hurt but once again it is something that will be worth the pain

Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2004, 09:53:52 AM »

I would like to have a tattoo, but i?m afraid of that pain (mostly because it takes so much time).
I have couple piercings and it all hurt like hell, extremely sharp pain, but it was over soon..

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
MCT
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2004, 12:12:40 PM »

Some of it is "barable"

"Bearable"........................... ok

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: