Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 401876 times)
GNRR2003
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2002, 04:02:38 PM »

one question, do you really think gerrard would go to man u? i really doubt that he would, being a scouse boy an all that. if he did that would be the ultimate betrayal and i dont think the scousers (red half anyway) would take too kindly to it, think sol campell and multiply it by 10. then again, i dont think scousers are as bad as cockneys or whatver the spurs fans are  [wow]
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

I don't know if soon is the word...(FYI, IT'S NOT)

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2002, 04:18:23 PM »

Is it me or is Steven Gerrard being forced out of Liverpool.

The last thing a manager wants to do to boost a players moral is critisize him in public....

Yeah hes not having the best of times at the moment and his form is below average, but you dont speak out against your players in public, especially one of the best in the Country.

I think that incident could mean the departure of either Gerrad(Steven) or Gerrard Houllier?

Axlhogg

Nonono...you're wrong Hoggy...None of them is going to leave. Houllier adores Gerrard, but at the moment he isn't at his best form and he and the club is going to work hard to get the magic back. This situation is kind of the same as with Owen a couple of months ago...and he's now back big time...

He critisized him yes, but sometimes that's what players need. Especially when you're young...both of them are great persons and I highly doubt that there will be any problems because of this...

And, BTW...IF Stevie sometime leaves Pool, it sure as hell won't be for Man UTD...

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE  Cheesy

So I send this song to the offended...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2002, 04:34:12 PM »

Your probably right with the Man Utd thing....

So my conclusion is that he would have to settle for Forest Reserves, until Prutts, Williams Or Bopp got injured, then he may force his way into the first team.

I agree with what you say about players sometimes needing criticism, but Houllier never once criticised Owen publicly for his lack of form.

Yeah the Media did it but he certainly didnt.....

Now maybe he has taken an extreme way forward with Gerrard but it just seems wrong to me...If you have criticism about someone do it constructively and sort it out with them....

Not go to The Sun(an english newspaper) for god sakes.

Hes a truely magnificent player and im sure he wont have any problem finding a club........

The way Everton are going at the moment he may move to the Toffee men. Wink Tongue

Axlhogg
Scat
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Headliner

I like my sugar with coffee and cream

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2002, 06:05:51 PM »

Becks out for ages now, that will screw united season!

Axlhogg you are right, why should Gerrard be slated.  People just assume he will crack in those 30 yard thunderbolts every game, but thats not the case.  Everyone has form dips, just Liverpool players seem to get slated by their managers when it happens.  Look at Arsenal, they stick by Seaman through all his shit.

On the subject, Shaaban looks like a good stopper - one for the future, when Seaman finally picks up his zimmerframe.

Grrrr my dad is going to the newcastle vs united match tomorrow - only had one ticket going. And I have work  [drooling]
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2002, 07:04:32 PM »

Yeah, I like the look of Shaaban.  He seemed very nervous, but did the job very well, and has kept two clean sheets out of two.

Still think Seaman's got a bit left in him, though.  He just needs a bit of a confidence boost, or something.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2002, 11:41:53 AM »

Its not done yet but this could be a really good day for Man UTd.

Man Utd 5 - 3 Newcastle

Arsenal, Liverpool, chelsea are losing and Newcastle have lost.

RUUD, RUUD

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
GNRR2003
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2002, 02:15:30 PM »

CUNTS

ah was a good game, your fifth goal shouldnt have counted, blatant foul. the ref obviously has a man u tattoo. best team won i guess. our defending was absolutely pathetic, we need titus back cos he was starting to look good before he got injured.

nice to see the man u fans booing Alan Shearer, i guess cockneys dont realise that he is one of Englands finest sportsmen. 100 league goals for two different clubs, congratulations.

still dont think man u will win the league.

once again, CUNTS  Tongue
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2002, 10:09:59 AM »

CUNTS

ah was a good game, your fifth goal shouldnt have counted, blatant foul. the ref obviously has a man u tattoo. best team won i guess. our defending was absolutely pathetic, we need titus back cos he was starting to look good before he got injured.

nice to see the man u fans booing Alan Shearer, i guess cockneys dont realise that he is one of Englands finest sportsmen. 100 league goals for two different clubs, congratulations.

still dont think man u will win the league.

once again, CUNTS  Tongue

hehe..... Georgie Bastards.

People only boo good players..... oh yeah and robbie Savage.

Shearer is the best striker England has had since Lineker and is a great player.... the only shame was he never put on a Manchester United shirt.

Just like to say the atmosphere at United yesterday was fucking great..... At last UTD fans get behind their team.

Yeah Ole's goal was a foul..... but then lets face it..... We deserved that decsion for bernards goal..... What a fucking fluke.

Both defenses were pathetic..... Yeah you need Bramble back and we need Rio back..... although on the up side Wes Brown is back and i think he and Rio could be a fine pairing at Center Back.

Utd will never win the league but then i think that all the major three are trying to throw it away....... it will be whoever puts together the best run after Christmas and i think it will be Arsenal but we will see.

[/color]

Scat
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2002, 10:27:31 AM »

, i guess cockneys dont realise that he is one of Englands finest sportsmen.

LOL!!!!!!!

The prawn sandwich brigade strike back. Marching up the M1 every weekend, fitting matches inbetween rounds of golf and going to the theatre. Ask them what the Munich disaster was and they will claim it was a stock market crash.

Part time football fans.
GNRR2003
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2002, 11:05:51 AM »

, i guess cockneys dont realise that he is one of Englands finest sportsmen.

LOL!!!!!!!

The prawn sandwich brigade strike back. Marching up the M1 every weekend, fitting matches inbetween rounds of golf and going to the theatre. Ask them what the Munich disaster was and they will claim it was a stock market crash.

Part time football fans.

[rofl]

hey we dont want to get too carried away, afterall its FACT that most Man u fans come from Manchester, and its FACT that ALL MAN U FANS WERE SUPPORTERS OF THE TEAM BEFORE THEY WERE GOOD or so they claim (or lie), they all have a family member from manchester, or their dads supported them since he was a boy, or they went to manchester once and and and, haha anyway you get the picture, non of them can be honest and just say yeah i support them cos they are they have been the best team in England for the last decade.

of course there are fans that are actually from manchester and are genuine supporters, but as with all successful clubs, they have a high number of uneducated (in football terms), glory seeking wankers that feed on glory. this would happen at any successful team, corporate toffs who dont know shit about the team they watch.

i think we showed our humor when the fans started singing, 6-5 we're gonna win 6-5, i didnt expect us to win at man u, but at least we can still have humor(sometimes) when we are outplayed.

ps we will never get anywhere in a league competition cos our defence is pathetic, it has been for many years and none of our managers have been too arsed about rectifying the problem, past or present. why the hell we persist with such mediocre players like o'brien is completey beyond me. yes he plays well sometimes, but he is nothing special and that is our problem. our midfeild is over flowing wiht quality, so much so that some of this quality finds itself on the bench, our forwards are the same, then you get to the defence, the only one of our defendders that i like is Griffin, he is a typical no nonsense defend, stick your boot in prevent your oponent from passing, even he isnt world class, yet. Titus, i think could be amasing once he recovers. our centre backs are just terrible, nic the greek his hands are raised in the air more times than he makes tackles during the course of any game and that says something about his defending, could be a good player if he had a commanding centre back to partner him, hughes is ok, he is a centre back who hasnt played in his natural position for far too long imo. Bobby sign at least a world class centre back and our defensive cracks may just start to close.
Scat
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2002, 11:14:39 AM »

Gallas or Stam - apparantly we're getting them (so the papers say). You're right the defence is appalling - O'brien, Hughes and Dabz can't hack it at times. Its alright having one of the best striker partnerships in the league, but the defence is poor.

Yes there are proper Man Utd fans, but the majority are glory hunters.

The ammount of times I have heard 'my dad's, brother's, car mechanic's, priest's best friends, half sister's lovechild used to live a stones throw from the ground' shit is funny.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2002, 12:54:14 PM »

Hello people.

Just been talking to a mate that has contacts at the FA..... Apprently its in turmoil over the FA cup.

Apprently Sky do not want the FA cup anymore due to poor ratings...... But Sky want to create a Premership Cup in which they would pay the FA loads to do so.

This cup would work like this:

- No seeding at all.

- All twenty teams from the premier league will enter and Rangers and Celtic

- All matches will be played over two legs.

- It would be run instead of the FA cup but all other teams could play in FA cup still.

- UEFA cup European Qualification

Ok i am torn about this as i think the FA Cup rules. I live in Wycombe and if you remember they got to the Semi Final two years ago. The whole town was buzzing from it and it is great for that respect.

On the other hand..... As the FA cup would still have a place in Europe it would give poor clubs a shot in Europe and i think would make the FA cup closer.

Another bad point is this:

4 x Champs League (league 1-4)
3 x Uefa Cup (1x new cup, 1x FA cup and 1x 5 in league)

I mean that sucks really IMO.

I hope it does not happen but this guy is quite reliable and i thought i'd see what you lot think of it all.

I suppose the question is will the FA sell out the FA cup?

[/color]

GNRR2003
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2002, 01:08:40 PM »

I live in Wycombe

wooh, thats english for stop a horse  Tongue

you live in wycombe, how close is that to manchester? dont tell me, you used to live there?  Tongue

anyway, you are serious? thats is just shit, money thats all its about and if this happens, fa headquarters shouls be immediately burned to the ground, but not while the fire strike is on.

seriosly that is shit, all the history ofthe fa cup, down the pan because sky cant get enough viewers! while i realise that this would be good in terms of progress for smaller tems, the magic just wouldnt be there, even more so for smaller clubs cause they wouldnt be pitched against larger premier league clubs.

shit idea and i dont think many fans will by this shit, why the fuck would we want mediocre scottish teams in our competion anyway? yeah they can beat blackburn, but as they have proved in previos european competitions they cant beat good teams like man u arsenal, liverpool etc i think we could give the fenian bastards a good game, never mind you lot.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2002, 01:35:24 PM »

Hmm, nah, don't want that.  I think the FA Cup had lost a lot of its magic these days, but it's still something worth being excited about.  We already have a competition involving only Premiership clubs.  Let it be.

And amen on the glory-hunters bashing.  Whenever I see a little kid walking around my area wearing an Arsenal shirt, I throw stones at him.

*Says the guy who supports Arsenal cause his dad brought him up to*
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2002, 01:49:30 PM »

I live in Wycombe

wooh, thats english for stop a horse  Tongue

you live in wycombe, how close is that to manchester? dont tell me, you used to live there?  Tongue

No i will freely admit i have never lived there and none of my imediate family do either.

With me it was more of a dad thing...... i just followed who he supported.

I do go and see Utd when i can get tickets

[/color]

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2002, 06:47:37 AM »

Forest Fuckin lost.  Cry

Our 12 game unbeaten run has ended, oh well we will bounce back.....

Anyone else thinks Paul Harts band of Merry Men will get promoted this season or am i a lonely soul in that respect.

Axlhogg
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2002, 05:29:44 AM »

Forest Fuckin lost.  Cry

Our 12 game unbeaten run has ended, oh well we will bounce back.....

Anyone else thinks Paul Harts band of Merry Men will get promoted this season or am i a lonely soul in that respect.

Axlhogg

Oh, I'm so sorry for you Hoggy....NOT Wink

[rant] >> That was my Liverpool rant for today...

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2002, 05:39:19 AM »

Hey.....

Im hurt man, well i like to see Liverpool play well, they are a pretty enjoyable team to watch and one of my premiership favourites.

Its just a wake up call, for Forest that is, maybe they got complacent with not losing and needed that.

Axlhogg
Wernie
Desperate Elbowlicker
VIP

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2002, 05:49:01 AM »

Hey.....

Im hurt man, well i like to see Liverpool play well, they are a pretty enjoyable team to watch and one of my premiership favourites.

Its just a wake up call, for Forest that is, maybe they got complacent with not losing and needed that.

Axlhogg

Cheesy Go Forest!! Wink

Well, let's hope that both Pool and Forest wins the next one!

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2002, 05:57:28 AM »

Hey Go Pool [ok]

Forest Vs Bottom of the table Brighton on Wednesday evening.....

If they loose that then im changing my alegiance to The Pool....

Axlhogg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: