Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  8 Weeks to Go
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8 Weeks to Go  (Read 56089 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »

I am really taking Axl at his word this time, If it doesnt come out March? 6th I am actually confident we will at least get information.

I agree with that.  I don't think March 6th is going to be it though.  Nothing negative or anything like that, I just don't see it happening, more a feeling then anything else.  I don't see Axl as the kind of guy to work with deadlines and what not - hes on his own schedule.  if he sets a date and can't keep it, he'll just push it back.  more power to him, its his album.  i can wait another year if it means it'll be 1,000 times better.  I think he has a vision and he won't say "its done" until his vision becomes 100% reality.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Chief
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 11:23:52 PM »

Also, it is possible that after it is handed in, it will be ready to be released in less than 8 weeks.  So basically anything's possible but i think around march should be the release date.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »

when axl said tenative i took it as him meaning he is gonna try his best to get it out march 6th but if not it would only be pushed back like a week or to

and now that we are confirmed by the las vegas journal that the band is in the studio im confident axl isn't fooling around

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
DoveWings
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 11:46:40 PM »

Axl is more Worried about drinking Beer and Liquor on Stage during a Concert than trying to get an Album out. Once March 6th comes and goes, how many of you will Stick with the "Dead Bandwagon"?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 12:36:39 AM »

Some people on this board need to do their daily affirmations:

"I'm good enough
I'm smart enough
And dog gone it, people like me.
And no news from Axl doesn't mean anything bad is happening."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:10 AM »

Axl is more Worried about drinking Beer and Liquor on Stage during a Concert than trying to get an Album out. Once March 6th comes and goes, how many of you will Stick with the "Dead Bandwagon"?

I nominate you for inconsequential post of the day. Thanks for playing.

Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2007, 12:47:17 AM »

what the?
who let this guy in here?

!go Jets go!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2007, 01:40:40 AM »

I nominate you for inconsequential post of the day. Thanks for playing.
lol

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »

Being on tour can be rough enough.

Any artist will tell you it's not the optimal thing to be on the road and finishing your new album.

It might work for something recorded for fun, like artists sometimes do ("The Spaghetti Incident?" is one example), but I don't think this album is one of those.

With that in mind, read what Axl said:

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

As soon as they have more news, we'll know.

All this speculation about what's going on and if they're already missed the tentative date is nothing more than uninformed speculation.

Now relax.? ok

/jarmo

I agree 100 percent.  I don't believe the word we should be looking at is "tentative."  I believe the phrase you have highlighted is the the phrase we should be looking at.  As far as I am concerned, the date we are given is the actual release date and they are working hard to get it to us by then.  I dont feel the 6th of March is a random day selected by pulling it out of a hat.  Whats important to me is that we have a date, something we have never ever had before.  If something unforseen does happen, I dont except it to be delayed by more than a couple of weeks.  And like what was said before, this could also mean we get the album before said "tentative" date.

T.T.
?.?.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:21 AM »

Axl mentioned we will be notified of any delay, not of any non-delay  Wink So guess there's no delay, since we were not notified of anything...

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 02:05:29 AM »

Axl mentioned we will be notified of any delay, not of any non-delay  Wink So guess there's no delay, since we were not notified of anything...

I hope you are right and history doesn't repeat itself like it has over and over, time after time

Before becoming a teacher, I worked at a record store for seven years, and I will say something would have to happen soon for a March release to be possible.  I buy concert tickets far more more in advance than this timeline we all hang onto to see a release. - And those concert tickets include opening nights.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 04:17:57 AM »

This is why Axl's letter doesn't make complete sense if you were take him literally as he has explained matters.

In his 'open' letter, Axl outlines how the final four remaining shows are to be canceled for the sake of Chinese Democracy.? He then says that it takes 8 weeks for an album to be given a proper launch.? But if you look at when the last concert was to be played, it's Jan. 16th, a full week after the needed date to hand in the album for it to be out for March 6th.? Why would they cancel the remaining four shows if most of the loose ends were going to be done by Jan 9th?? Of course, this is all under the assumption that it takes a full eight weeks from album submission to retail sale.?

My gut feeling is that the March 6th date was something given by the band to appease the fans.? The album was suppose to come out in 2006.? Unable to deliver, Axl gave the next best thing: a tentative release date.? I'm thinking that come late feb or early march, we'll get an annoucement from the band and record label for a concrete date; one that is much farther away from March 6th.? My guess is late April to early June.? If you can't deliver what's promised, the obvious course of action is to give the next best thing.? We will all get to our destination, but not when the ticket says so.

Again, all of this is assumption and guess work on my part from an uninformed fan just spewing his thoughts.? I have no doubts in Axl's ability to create some amazing music and perform like no other, but after 10 years of this, the pattern becomes a little more apparent.

Cheers,

Andrew

1. The original intention was the have the album out before the end of the 2006, and management assured him everything was in place to make that happen, and it didn't manifest. This was the reason for the new year cancellations. Going on your theory, even if everything had been in place, there would've been no need for the cancellations because we'd have the album in our hand.

2. I'm sure reasons for the tentative release date are indeed rooted in getting away from all of this 'mystery', however... keep in mind, to make this successful they know they are on a time clock also, and despite what some people think, I truely do not feel that Guns N' Roses will intentionally mislead their fans.

3. CD has been in the works for 10 years, but it's 'release' has not. Only the last few.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2007, 05:24:55 AM »

God only knows the problems Axl incountered with the release of this album.

Ive now stopped listening to the leaked tracks and just looking forward to March and any updates that are given before hand.

Just trying to forget about it and one of these days just turn on the radio or MTV and get the surprise of my life Smiley

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2007, 06:37:15 AM »

I think some people would not be happy unless there was hourly updates from Axl on the state of the album  Wink

March 6th was tentative. It might be out then, it might not. We don't know when it will be out until the band tells us. There is little point in asking for updates to confirm that March 6th is still perhaps the day when perhaps the album will be out. Lets all just relax and wait for Axl to tell us if there is any material change either way. A material change would be if the album was out before then, or if it was going to be delayed by a futher few months. I think it is a little unrealistic and unreasonble to expect more than that.

Just my opinion though.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2007, 06:57:24 AM »

i agree w/ jarmo.  relax, it's coming.  we still have to go to work everyday, pay bills, feed the cat, etc......

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2007, 07:26:57 AM »

Yes.

But now things are looking even brighter as far as I'm concerned.

So, since things are looking brighter, I should be negative because the 2006 release didn't happen?

/jarmo

nah. I'm not saying that. I feel exactly the same about the release, and I was quite confident as well that it would be out in 2006, and I'm quite sure it will be out by summer 2007, but after you have been proven wrong I thought you would understand the reluctance some people might have concerning the issue, and stop preaching to them so vigorously.

P.S. and whoever is deleting my posts all the time, STOP IT!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:31:37 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »

>>> I'll be somebody online!"

/jarmo
<<<

Indeed...
Dude,? you've been pretty cranky lately. Perhaps YOU ought to fucking relax. This is is a Guns N' Roses message board. For fans to post Guns N' Roses messages. Are you the moderator or the judge, jury and executioner?
 I don't see any need to snip at people for speculating.? We get it. You're the MIGHTY JARMO.
I challenge you to go back and review your last 100 posts. Your 'tone' (if that applies to typed messages) has been easy to percieve as fucking rude. It's a rock band, goddamn it.
 And even though you are the king, the fans and posters here are all people too who deserve the same respect that you wish to be treated with.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2007, 08:02:08 AM »

I think, if the band works as hard as they can, the album might be out in May.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »

Ok, we have 8 weeks until March 6th.  That is the exact timeframe

an approximate time frame is not exactly exact.  Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »

Dude,  you've been pretty cranky lately.

Haha!

Cranky?

You haven't seen me cranky. Trust me.

To be honest, you haven't seen me. Period.

So how would you know anything about me?

This is is a Guns N' Roses message board. For fans to post Guns N' Roses messages.

Why are you're telling me this?

Are you the moderator or the judge, jury and executioner?

No, I'm more like the admin....

I don't see any need to snip at people for speculating.  We get it. You're the MIGHTY JARMO.

Of course you don't.

It's not you people are speculating about and attacking.

Assume you had a bunch of friends who did nothing more than tell you how wrong you are, how you owe them explanations about where you've been and what you're doing and on top of that spread shit about you.

I guess you'd be happy in that situation....

This place isn't here so that a few of you can bring everybody else down. All the time.

If you think it is, get the fuck out of here.

If you think I'm cranky, it just shows how little you know.

I challenge you to go back and review your last 100 posts. Your 'tone' (if that applies to typed messages) has been easy to percieve as fucking rude. It's a rock band, goddamn it.
 And even though you are the king, the fans and posters here are all people too who deserve the same respect that you wish to be treated with.

I only have less respect for people who have no respect for this place and the band it supports.

There's no evidence that all you "this sucks, it's not coming out" people are right. In fact, it seems like things are moving forward, just like they're supposed to.

Yet you're the ones preaching that the rest of us are wrong.

When I react to that, I get labeled cranky.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: