Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  should politics be banned from the board again?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: should politics be banned from the board again?  (Read 6645 times)
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« on: January 11, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »

at first, a couple of years back, when jarmo first banned political threads from the board, i thought it sucked to not be able to discuss politics here anymore but then i realized i found it relieving to not have to see countless threads about george w. bush and his politics every day, but now that the ban obviously is lifted i see an increasing number of US this, US that threads again. what do you guys think? it's ultimately up to jarmo, but the jungle is a freezone for everyone on the board, and as long as the political threads are kept to a minimum it's fine by me, but if half of the jungle ends up being about iraq and US presidential candidates again then i'm not sure i find that a good thing as the political threads tend to grow large and ultimately dominate the jungle?by always being on top of the board.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:47:48 AM »

Politics were banned because people couldn't discuss things in a civil manner. If you wish to talk about something else than politics. Please do post. It is true that there have been many political threads recently, and I do think that people should concider before posting if an opinion is worth posting. But when you compare it to the situation that we had a little while ago, when topics were "Britney's nipple slip", "what's your favourite food" and "this is one of those threads where you say something insignificant and then let the other person continue", I don't think the situation is much worse.

I agree that too many topics tend to go from the original point to Iraq or the Dem/Rep discussion.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »

i dont think they should be banned, i find out alot reading things posted on here.

html sucks
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

If my eyes are seeing correctly (which they may not-kinda fuzzy) I  see 4.5 threads out of 24ish that are political. (4.5 because I'm not sure if you would classify the Canadian spies on America political or not hihi.) That is not really overwhelming the jungle imo.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »

If my eyes are seeing correctly (which they may not-kinda fuzzy) I  see 4.5 threads out of 24ish that are political. (4.5 because I'm not sure if you would classify the Canadian spies on America political or not hihi.) That is not really overwhelming the jungle imo.

Yeah, and its easy enough to just skip over them if I don't feel like reading them.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »

i enjoy the political threads personally.  I find politics interesting and its always good to hear other people's perceptions on events, especially as we have board members from all over the world, so I read things that I would not necessarily find out myself or hear about through UK media.  I do take the point though that pointless postings ruin threads - not just political ones, but I've read some good stuff in the Jungle.  Some good debating and arguing, which is all part of it. The jungle rocks!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »

I think that there should be a separate category for politics that  is completely unmoderated; people post there at their own risk and go there  with their eyes open. And keep The Jungle for  the usual  inane  and  insane topics that keep it interesting.   
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 02:28:59 AM »

I love it when I kill a thread.  I have  the last word and no one responds. it seems  to my gift. You are  all welcome. Efish, you agree?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 02:30:09 AM »

I love it when I kill a thread.  I have  the last word and no one responds. it seems  to my gift. You are  all welcome. Efish, you agree?

hey! EFISH always agrees. yes

and you just double posted  hihi
EFISH
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 02:31:13 AM »

Sure.

Krispy Kreme for President!!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 02:56:17 AM »

I love it when I kill a thread.? I have? the last word and no one responds. it seems? to my gift. You are? all welcome. Efish, you agree?
Sure.

Krispy Kreme for President!!

I already ran, in 2000. I received? 5,012 votes in Dade county and cost Gore the election. Bush is president because? of me. I contemplated suicide after that, but my wife? convinced me to live and I promised never to run for public office? again. Thus, my life? is now devoted? to enriching the lives of people who visit this wonderful? internet site. I am trying my best? to bring balance? and truth, but sometimes I am obstructed by certain individuals.? Nonetheless, the pursuit of? truth, justice? and? the American way will persevere. Efish, you agree? ( I think that this post? meets the requirement for the minimum number of words, no smiley here!) Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:00:51 AM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »

I already ran, in 2000. I received? 5,012 votes in Dade county and cost Gore the election. Bush is president because? of me. I contemplated suicide after that, but my wife? convinced me to live and I promised never to run for public office? again.

lmfao, that's fucking funny hihi

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:24 AM »

What I do now in political threads is, When I find myself getting pissed off, I just stop posting in them.  Problem for me solved. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 06:23:23 AM »

really?? how do you do that?? Shocked

Grin

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 08:16:36 AM »

the political threads tend to grow large and ultimately dominate the jungle?by always being on top of the board.
Could it be an idea to make an politcal section if those topics dominate too much?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 11:27:16 AM »

i don't think that idea is too bad actually
but ultimately it's all up to jarmo.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »

Could it be an idea to make an politcal section if those topics dominate too much?

It has been suggested ages ago my fuzzy friend.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: