Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Greatest Hits #1 on the Top Pop Catalog chart
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Greatest Hits #1 on the Top Pop Catalog chart  (Read 3782 times)
rube
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 11, 2007, 02:50:53 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Pop+Catalog

Something about GNR being number 1 and enduring the test of time seems to fit.

Looking forward to March 6th 2007, right Axl? Wink

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 03:12:36 PM by rube » Logged

Changing peoples' lives to be more like mine.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »

GN'R is #1 and has survived the test of time!

ok peace hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 03:24:23 PM »

Pink Floyd have been on a while  hihi

It's good that there is still a hunger for GNR music, one day we might be looking at CD on that list.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

im a little confused, how do they determine this chart?  It says that queen album came out this week, yet that has been out FOREVER...that Journey album has been on for 688 weeks, but is not on the Billboard 200...anyone know how they break this thing down?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »

im a little confused, how do they determine this chart?? It says that queen album came out this week, yet that has been out FOREVER...that Journey album has been on for 688 weeks, but is not on the Billboard 200...anyone know how they break this thing down?

I think there has to be mistakes on there.  When you click on that Journey album it says it came out Tuesday. Obviously it won't be on any charts yet without a full week in stores so it must be an older Journey greatest hits album. And you're right about Queen, it's been out for ages.  As for GNR, I believe has to be in the Top 100 to chart on the Billboard 200 albums chart after 2 years of release.  Otherwise, it goes to the Catalog chart.  GH was in the Top 100 until very recently.  I may be wrong about that and everyone can feel free to tell me.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Pop+Catalog

Something about GNR being number 1 and enduring the test of time seems to fit.

Looking forward to March 6th 2007, right Axl? Wink

That's amazing.  beer

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 11:12:22 PM »

Bitchen ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:59:42 PM »

Shows you what a tour can do for album sales. They basically toured in support of this CD if you think about it. If CD were out, I'll bet a lot of people would have bought that instead.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 04:56:17 AM »

Shows you what a tour can do for album sales. They basically toured in support of this CD if you think about it. If CD were out, I'll bet a lot of people would have bought that instead.

Yeah, but GH has been out for two years.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:18 AM »

My point exactly. Interest in GNR is high right now, and there's no other way to explain it other than the tour and the promise of a new CD in 06. If CD were out,  you have to assume people who would not have bought the CD would have picked it up after they saw the 06 shows.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »

im a little confused, how do they determine this chart?? It says that queen album came out this week, yet that has been out FOREVER...that Journey album has been on for 688 weeks, but is not on the Billboard 200...anyone know how they break this thing down?

I think there has to be mistakes on there.? When you click on that Journey album it says it came out Tuesday. Obviously it won't be on any charts yet without a full week in stores so it must be an older Journey greatest hits album. And you're right about Queen, it's been out for ages.? As for GNR, I believe has to be in the Top 100 to chart on the Billboard 200 albums chart after 2 years of release.? Otherwise, it goes to the Catalog chart.? GH was in the Top 100 until very recently.? I may be wrong about that and everyone can feel free to tell me.
I think that chart is old.  If you click on the "other charts" tab, it gives you the option of 2004 chart, not 05 or 06.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »

Didn't Axl try to get the release of this stopped?  I wonder how he feel about it's success? yes

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:39:02 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »

My point exactly. Interest in GNR is high right now, and there's no other way to explain it other than the tour and the promise of a new CD in 06. If CD were out,? you have to assume people who would not have bought the CD would have picked it up after they saw the 06 shows.

yeah but Greatest Hits never fell out of the Top 100 until recently...it was on the charts for 2 years  before a the tour even happened...It sold something like 18,000 one of the previous weeks...its hard to imagine that there is anyone in America who does not already own these songs....
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 03:36:28 AM »

My point exactly. Interest in GNR is high right now, and there's no other way to explain it other than the tour and the promise of a new CD in 06. If CD were out,? you have to assume people who would not have bought the CD would have picked it up after they saw the 06 shows.

yeah but Greatest Hits never fell out of the Top 100 until recently...it was on the charts for 2 years? before a the tour even happened...It sold something like 18,000 one of the previous weeks...its hard to imagine that there is anyone in America who does not already own these songs....

GH was a big success for the casual fans out there, who back in '99 didn't want to shell out $20-25 bucks for Live Era.

But any real Guns fan already has AFD, Lies, UYI I, UYI II, TSI and could easily find a mp3-download of SFTD.

I didn't buy GH, not only because I can make it, easily, but it wasn't backed by BOTH Axl & Slash. Plus the tracklist was god freakin' awful.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: