Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 597800 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2004, 01:36:22 PM »

Great Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy has been scheduled for every November since 1996 - and we've heard release dates from better sources than VH1

2005 it is then.

Dude get off this denial thing okay? I mean yeah it has been delayed, and no it hasn't been scheduled for an november release since 96'. THe album's title only was mentioned in 1999. 5 years, not 8 thanks!

No I don't think we've gotten a better release date from anyone better then VH1. I'm jumping on this bandwagon real hard, and I'm staying. The album has got to come out, and this is it... and Offical show, that said something. Start believing, it's hard for me to, but it will be okay man  Wink

Guns N' Roses:  Chinese Democracy: Starts now!!!

FACT: Vh1 couldn't say something on TV like that and not have it happen, you just can't do that. Besides does anyone else here think that CD isn't ready? I don't think so... 5 years is 5 years.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2004, 01:36:22 PM »

Listen, I am the most pessimistic person here.  But I have to tell you... when you produce a documentary, you go to great lengths to make sure everything you include is accurate.  There is a 100% probability that the BTM people got the November date from GNR management.  You just don't report rumors from internet forums if you want to retain credibility.

I would say that as of Independence Day 2004, Axl and GNR have intentions of releasing CD in November 2004.

However, as all fans of Axl know, that could chnage within the next few months.  But right now I am as optomistic as I have been since December 2002.  

November is perfect.  VR hype will have died dow, Christmas sales season begins, and they make it just in time for Grammy consideration.  I think it speaks volumes that they are not planning on waiting till February to release it.  Axl is going to go head to head with VR during the next award season.

-TyRod-

p.s.  I believe that Grammy consideration runs January to January every year.  Can anyone confirm that?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 01:45:51 PM by TyRod Tulip » Logged
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2004, 01:37:43 PM »

They did say "currently slated" that leads me to believe the source is an official one.

Nice to think that way - hope it's true

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »

Listen, I am the most pessimistic person here.  But I have to tell you... when you produce a documentary, you go to great lengths to make sure everything you include is accurate.  There is a 100% probability that the BTM people got the November date from GNR management.  You just don't report rumors from internet forums if you want to retain credibility.

I would say that as of Independence Day 2004, Axl and GNR have intentions of releasing CD in November 2004.

However, as all fans of Axl know, that could chnage within the next few months.  But right now I am as optomistic as I have been since December 2004.  

November is perfect.  VR hype will have died dow, Christmas sales season begins, and they make it just in time for Grammy consideration.  I think it speaks volumes that they are not planning on waiting till February to release it.  Axl is going to go head to head with VR during the next award season.

-TyRod-

p.s.  I believe that Grammy consideration runs January to January every year.  Can anyone confirm that?

Sounds like we're the few people here that have faith, rock on bro!!!!!!!!!! beer

But don't damn me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2004, 01:39:55 PM »

yeah this date is official

lets not be to negative here, VH1 arent just throwing out random dates, they got this date straight from the source

now will axl keep this date? that remains to be seen, but right now yes i do believe Chinese Democracy is slated for a november release

will we get it in november? that i wont guarantee!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2004, 01:40:44 PM »

However, as all fans of Axl know, that could chnage within the next few months.  But right now I am as optomistic as I have been since December 2004.  

-TyRod-

I dont agree with you most of the time...but you basically hit it on the head in this post.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2004, 01:40:45 PM »

You  guys, that's still 4 months away.  Axl could change his mind 83 times until then.  Probably when this show was put together a couple months ago Axl said yeah probably November...but even by now it could have changed...

Things are always very fluid in the land of GNR

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »

Great Roll Eyes

Chinese Democracy has been scheduled for every November since 1996 - and we've heard release dates from better sources than VH1

2005 it is then.

Dude get off this denial thing okay?

Roll Eyes

The information was mostly likely accurate at the time the show was made - but the date may have already changed - ever thought of that?

Axl has changed the date before - just because its on VH1 won't stop him

You = Naive
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 01:41:25 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2004, 01:47:31 PM »

Great Roll Eyes

The information was mostly likely accurate at the time the show was made - but the date may have already changed - ever thought of that?

You = Naive

Yeah okay man, whatever you say... this show was made around April or May, so I don't think he's changed it. Besides, VH1 won't interview people and get a release date say in April then just put it anyways. If it changed they could of dubbed it out... sorry it hurts right man?

Lets not argue alright? Peace man

But don't damn me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2004, 01:47:42 PM »

the reason for the delays was basically said best by axl in that 89 interview, he said

paraphrased

i do not want afd to be what defines my career or who i am so uyi's we are goin thru them with a fine tooth comb

my year may be off but u all heard him

so if he did all that from afd to uyi imagine the fine tooth comb for c.d.

i may be disappointed later on but right now im on cloud 9 i may be naive but i dont care

it has to come out sometime and its just all makin sense!

axl said in his press release u will hear an announcement in the next few months

well its a few months we heard it straight from vh1 who had to get that date

unless geffen thru that out cause they didnt want vh1 to end with a downer sayin

the 10 year in the makin chinese democracy still doesnt have a release date, so geffen thru out a hopeful just to look good

lets hope not!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2004, 01:49:37 PM »

The show was also supposed to debut last month. I think if anything changed since it was supposed to debut, they fixed it.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2004, 01:52:01 PM »

Maybe Mysteron could say something?

beer

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2004, 01:53:43 PM »

Great Roll Eyes

You = Naive

Yeah okay man, whatever you say... this show was made around April or May, so I don't think he's changed it. Besides, VH1 won't interview people and get a release date say in April then just put it anyways. If it changed they could of dubbed it out... sorry it hurts right man?

Lets not argue alright? Peace man

We'll see in November - but anyone that believes this obviously hasn't been following GNR long enough - i remember Axl stating Chinese Democracy would hit our shores in 1997, i remember the endless 'see you next summer's' and i remember Doug Goldstein himself (GNR's manager at the time) saying 2000 was the year for sure

So believe what you want - i have seen release dates come and go - and Axl Rose and Doug Goldstein are better sources than VH1 Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2004, 01:54:14 PM »

I'm jumping on this bandwagon real hard, and I'm staying.

Fuck it, I am too. Why the hell not? Fuck, if TyRod is saying stuff like what he said, I'd say either this is good damn news or there are some nasty hackers out there.

Evolution
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2004, 01:54:37 PM »

Jesus this is good news!

whilst i am apprahensive(sp?) of taking this as fact it has boosted my mood and CD optimism ratings up!!!

i love the fact that nearly 30 posts have been put on in around an hour! this board has been slightly stale of late
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2004, 01:54:54 PM »

The show was also supposed to debut last month. I think if anything changed since it was supposed to debut, they fixed it.

Right on man, these people are in Guns N' Roses trauma...  hihi

Yay for VH1!

But don't damn me
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2004, 01:54:58 PM »

Erm, so youngunner says it's coming and we all take it seriously.

Also, weren't we saying this last year!?!?

That's a hatrick for Doull
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2004, 01:55:40 PM »

You are all treating VH1 as it was one of the Internet forums...  Roll Eyes

Dude, these guys DO have access to Axl and anyone they want. They are huge television company, artists contact THEM (not viceversa) to arrange release dates and publicity.

I believe in VH1 and MTV because they are big companies and there's a lot of money behind this.  Tongue
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2004, 01:56:36 PM »

Erm, so youngunner says it's coming and we all take it seriously.

Also, weren't we saying this last year!?!?

No VH1 said so

and yes, we did hear this last year, and the year before and the year before.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2004, 01:58:31 PM »

Were Getting Chinese Democracy Instead Of November Rain

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: