Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  green day!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: green day!  (Read 7126 times)
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« on: January 15, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

here's a thread dedicated to the best fucking punk-rock band of today! beer
billie joe, tre and mike have given us a shitload of hits and straight up rockers during the years! i remember getting "dookie" for my birthday in 94, when i was 11 years old, and they have been my favourite band apart from GN'R ever since! great songs are too many to mention, but do you guys have any favourite green day albums? dookie is a classic for sure, and american idiot was a masterpiece, and inbetween they have a whole catalogue of some of the best songs of the 90's in my opinion, as far as poppy punk-rock goes they're the only decent band around! beer

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »

i must say i love Bullet in  a Bible helluvalot!

they have a kick ass live show with grrreat song!  ok

but as much as i love Green Day i must say i dont really like majority of their songs.. haha...
i either LOVE a green day song or i dont care.

anyway, billie joe is the man!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJA4ztlxySQ
check this out; billie is TOO drunk and fucked up to play Good Riddance! classic!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »

haha, that's fucking funny! Grin still a good performance though!
billie joe is one of the best frontmen of today, along with axl, there is no doubt about it. if you have seen him live you know what i'm talking about!
he is a great songwriter, great performer and hella cool guy too! as a kid i always wanted to be like billie, heck i still do! rofl
here's to billie joe and classic songs like "good riddance", "macy's day parade" and a shitload of eternal rockers! beer

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »

*bump*

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »

green day havent been a punk band since insomniac.

i thought american idiot was a decent album, over rated though.

i hated everything inbetween it and insomniac, insomniac is my favourite album by them, so agressive.

html sucks
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 04:13:40 PM »

american idiot is as PUNK as mainstream punk music has been in a while yes

that album made me respect greenday.. used to hate them

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »

yeah its okay. all the singles got SOOOOOO overplayed tho on radiostations and of course all the music videos all over MTV and VH1. i havent listened to that record in a while cuz i was so sick of most of the singles. the other songs are solid tho.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:10 PM »

yeah its okay. all the singles got SOOOOOO overplayed tho on radiostations and of course all the music videos all over MTV and VH1. i havent listened to that record in a while cuz i was so sick of most of the singles. the other songs are solid tho.

Jesus of Suburbia was the song that made me buy the album i couldnt get it out of my head and i still cant somedays 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 04:26:37 PM »

yeah i dont listen to radio unless i'm in the car and i dont watch MTV so i only hear it when i decide to put the album on ?Wink

but yeah hourly rotations of songs pisses me off too rant

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 05:15:55 PM »

i kinda like that one that came out like last year or year before that (i dont remember) America Idiot yes its pretty good, Green Day is the only band that is reconised today that i like.

PS. FUCK MTV rant

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 05:21:53 AM »

For some reason, I was never a "huge" Green Day fan.? However, I went to see them on their 'Bullet In A Bible' tour when they stopped by Los Angeles/Carson last year... and to my surprise, it was one of the greatest concerts I've ever experienced.? Seriously, it was a phenomenal show in every regard. It was just one of those magical nights when everything came together on stage and the show became far greater than the sum of its parts.?

Maybe it was just a fluke, but they played that show as if it were going to be the last performance of their lives.

It was also on that night that Billie Joe Armstrong (in my eyes) took the title of the "best front-man" in rock.

I've seen MANY great shows over the years, but I've never seen anyone give that much of themselves on stage, or so masterfully work a crowd to the degree that he did on that night... not even Axl... and that's saying a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel that Axl is the greatest front-man of all time, but at the moment, I would have to say that Billie Joe Armstrong is wearing the crown... both literally and figuratively speaking.? peace

Cheers,
W.R.
aimz
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

did any one see that interview on mtv when jonny rotten was saying how BJ is soooooo not punk....i think their the only decent punk band around!!!!? however i do think their becoming to much like U2... i mean...i think its great their trying to stop war and stuff and i still like them...but i just dont want them to become one of these political bands!!! u no what i mean?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 06:24:21 AM »

did any one see that interview on mtv when jonny rotten was saying how BJ is soooooo not punk....i think their the only decent punk band around!!!!  however i do think their becoming to much like U2... i mean...i think its great their trying to stop war and stuff and i still like them...but i just dont want them to become one of these political bands!!! u no what i mean?

Theyre not punk anymore, they are a rock band.

html sucks
aimz
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »

did any one see that interview on mtv when jonny rotten was saying how BJ is soooooo not punk....i think their the only decent punk band around!!!!? however i do think their becoming to much like U2... i mean...i think its great their trying to stop war and stuff and i still like them...but i just dont want them to become one of these political bands!!! u no what i mean?

Theyre not punk anymore, they are a rock band.
yeah but you no what i mean... ok
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 08:05:33 AM »

however i do think their becoming to much like U2

that's a fucking insult, u2 is the most boring band ever.

aimz
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 05:41:33 AM »

however i do think their becoming to much like U2

that's a fucking insult, u2 is the most boring band ever.
yeah, maybe that was a bit harsh.... Undecided,but thats the direction they seem to be going....though i hope they dont cos their a bloody awsome band!!!! ok
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 06:43:39 AM »

Dookie is great, brings me back some memories when I started to listen to the music. But I really don't like their other releases.. American Idiot was a nice record for a while but I really don't feel like listenin' to it anymore. It doesn't have much to give. I like those punk-tunes they used to have but they don't have any more.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »

they sucks so badly they sould be impaled..
they are a shame to punk

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: