Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 03:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228017 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Hell Yeah(Vinnie Paul's new band)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell Yeah(Vinnie Paul's new band)  (Read 10356 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« on: January 17, 2007, 03:19:32 AM »

HELLYEAH, the new band featuring former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott alongside members of MUDVAYNE and NOTHINGFACE, will release its self-titled debut album on April 10 via Epic Records.

The quintet includes three of hard rock's most revered and valuable players, with careers highlighted by an astonishing run of chart-topping gold and platinum albums, major industry awards, critical acclaim, Grammy nominations and music of monolithic power.

"Tom [Maxwell, NOTHINGFACE; guitar], Jerry [Montano, DANZIG, NOTHINGFACE; bass] and I have been talking about working together ever since we staggered through the streets of New Orleans five years ago," says MUDVAYNE/HELLYEAH vocalist Chad "Helvis" Gray. "I mentioned it to Greg [Tribbett, MUDVAYNE; guitar] and he immediately wanted in, and when Vinnie came on board the whole thing just took on a life of its own. This was a must-do project for all of us."

"The guys from HELLYEAH and the incredible music we've created have brought me back to what I love," states Vinnie. "'HellYeah' is the best record I've collaborated on since [PANTERA's] 'Vulgar Display of Power'. The vibe is ?positive with a kick-your-ass-attitude.' I can't wait to take this band on tour."

Gray and Tribbett will tour in support of the HELLYEAH debut in between recording the new MUDVAYNE album. The follow-up to 2004's blockbuster release, "Lost And Found", which debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200, is due this fall and finds the Grammy-nominated quartet working once again with producer Dave Fortman (EVANESCENCE, SUPERJOINT RITUAL).

"It's cool to have both MUDVAYNE and HELLYEAH as creative outlets now, even though the approach, subject matter, and attitudes between the two projects are completely different," says Gray. "I'm looking forward to balancing both bands in my life ? my new extremely busy life."

A nine-minute video of HELLYEAH writing and recording its self-titled album in Dallas, Texas has been posted online at YouTube.com. Two songs from the CD ? "Hellyeah" and "Matter of Time" ? are available for listening on the band's MySpace page.

Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/hellyeah

Nine Minute writing/recording video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nTQutzjt0

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:48:45 AM »

im not impressed, the song i listened to on there myspace sounds like a slipknot song.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »

so Mudvayne + Vinnie Paul - hardly a new band really....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:33:02 AM »

Yeah i was not to impressed with this band. Rebel Meets Rebel is an awesome album.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:43 AM »

I think it's good. Just not use to hearing Vinn's drums, without Dime.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
SDMF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:44 PM »

i agree

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this albums release.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »

I've been listening to it a bit of late - it does have that Pantera groove.....i might get this album, though i wasnt impressed at first
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:03:19 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »

I think it's good. Just not use to hearing Vinn's drums, without Dime.

yea, it is odd.

should be a pretty cool band tho
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:33:58 PM »

How the fuck can any of you complain?
This is like the 1st band vince has been in without Dime. You should be greatful that he is even playing at all now that Dimedag is nolonger with us.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

This is like the 1st band vince has been in without Dime. You should be greatful that he is even playing at all now that Dimedag is nolonger with us.

peace

I agree. Of course it won't be like or as good as Pantera. He is out there doing his thing and living life again. I'm happy for him and as a Pantera fan if they are near my area I will go out and support them.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »

peace

I agree. Of course it won't be like or as good as Pantera. He is out there doing his thing and living life again. I'm happy for him and as a Pantera fan if they are near my area I will go out and support them.

I cant imagine how hard it will be For Vince to play a full live show without his Brother being there.
If the hit Oz i will defo go to support him. I dont like mudvain or anything like that but being a drummer/Pantera fan I have much respect for Vinnie and will show it for the king of skins.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 01:44:34 AM »

I'm not complaining. I just said it was odd, to hear Vinnie wailing away on the kit, without Dime. The tunes, I dig.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:51 PM »

Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott recently spoke to Chris Harris of MTV.com about the formation of his new band, HELLYEAH, also featuring NOTHINGFACE members Jerry Montano (bass) and Tom Maxwell (guitar) alongside MUDVAYNE's Chad Gray (vocals) and Gregg Tribbett (guitar).

"Since May of last year, I started getting phone calls from Jerry, who I've known for a long time, just saying that they planned on putting something together and they needed a heavy hitter ? they needed me," the drummer explained. "And I was like, 'Man, I'm so busy with my record company, and I don't know if I'm really ready to do this again' and all that. And after about seven or eight calls, he finally caught me one night when I was in the right frame of mind. I had been drinkin' and listening to some music, and I said, 'You know what? Let's give this thing a shot.' The next day, I talked to everybody in the band, and everyone was so super cool and had the same mindset."

According to Vinnie, HELLYEAH's self-titled debut, which drops April 10, is "the best record I've been a part of since [PANTERA's 1992 classic] 'Vulgar Display of Power'," he said. "The thing that makes me feel that way about it is, when we made 'Vulgar', it was just magic. It happened. Everybody's mindset was in the right place. After that record, we never had that same vibe. We still made amazing records, but there were all these forces pulling us in different directions. So when we made [the HELLYEAH] record, I had that same kind of feeling. It was just too easy. Everybody was into it. And I feel these songs are that strong, and I think everybody brought something special to the table.

"It's just a special record," he added, "and I really believe we're gonna be f---ing kick-ass live. We haven't done any live shows yet, but I know that everybody comes from a band that's been known as a kick-ass live band. So I know the five of us together are going to make some hellacious noise."

Abbott said HELLYEAH will tour extensively this year but that they're still mapping things out. Playing this summer's Ozzfest would make perfect sense for HELLYEAH, considering all the bandmembers have taken the festival's stage before. And if Sharon Osbourne extended an offer, the band would gladly take her up on it, Abbott said.

"We will definitely be on tour all summer, and we're definitely looking forward to it," he said. "Ozzfest would be awesome. That's all I can say about that. I'm a veteran of Ozzfest. Everybody knows it's the premier summer tour, so if we were offered to be a part of that, that would just be super, man."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »

HELLYEAH, the new band featuring former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott alongside members of MUDVAYNE and NOTHINGFACE, has finalized the track listing for its self-titled debut album, due on April 10 via Epic Records.

The quintet includes three of hard rock's most revered and valuable players, with careers highlighted by an astonishing run of chart-topping gold and platinum albums, major industry awards, critical acclaim, Grammy nominations and music of monolithic power.

"Tom [Maxwell, NOTHINGFACE; guitar], Jerry [Montano, DANZIG, NOTHINGFACE; bass] and I have been talking about working together ever since we staggered through the streets of New Orleans five years ago," says MUDVAYNE/HELLYEAH vocalist Chad "Helvis" Gray. "I mentioned it to Greg [Tribbett, MUDVAYNE; guitar] and he immediately wanted in, and when Vinnie came on board the whole thing just took on a life of its own. This was a must-do project for all of us."

"The guys from HELLYEAH and the incredible music we've created have brought me back to what I love," states Vinnie. "'Hellyeah' is the best record I've collaborated on since [PANTERA's] 'Vulgar Display of Power'. The vibe is 'positive with a kick-your-ass-attitude.' I can't wait to take this band on tour."

"Hellyeah" track listing:

01. Hellyeah
02. You Wouldn't Know
03. Matter of Time
04. Waging War
05. Alcohaulin' Ass
06. GodDamn
07. In the Mood
08. Star
09. Rotten to the Core
10. Thank You
11. Nausea
12. One Thing

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »

HELLYEAH, the new band featuring former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott alongside members of MUDVAYNE and NOTHINGFACE, has confirmed that it will take part in this summer's Family Values Tour. The official announcement will be made tonight (Monday, March 26) at 9:00 p.m. EST via VirtualKorn.MTV.com. Also rumored to be taking part in the tour are ATREYU, EVANESCENCE and AIDEN, alongside headliners KORN.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 02:00:38 AM »

Heard their song on the radio and I gotta say, it sounded horrible.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »

I like "You Wouldn't Know".  I wasn't crazy about it the first time I heard it on the radio, but each time it's come on since I find myself turning it up a bit louder each time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »

HELLYEAH, the new band featuring former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott alongside members of MUDVAYNE and NOTHINGFACE, has parted ways with bassist Jerry Montano (NOTHINGFACE, DANZIG). His replacement will be announced shortly.

In other news, HELLYEAH will launch the "Fire It Up" tour on May 20 in Baltimore before heading over to Australia and making its way to England for an appearance at this year's Download festival.

"Fire It Up" tour dates:

May 20 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
May 22 - Louisville, KY @ Expo 5
May 23 - Peoria, IL @ East Peoria Convention Center
May 25 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
May 26 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
May 27 - Madison, WI @ Barrymore Theater
May 29 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
May 30 - Omaha, NE @ Sokel Auditorium
Jun. 01 - Wichita, KS @ Cotillion
Jun. 02 - Tulsa, OK @ Cains Ballroom
Jun. 03 - Lubbock, TX @ Southbeach
Jun. 05 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Pavilion

All tickets go on sale this Saturday, April 21 (except Cleveland, which goes on sale on Friday, April 20).

HELLYEAH will take part in this summer's Family Values Tour. The official announcement was made March 26 via VirtualKorn.MTV.com. Also taking part in the tour are EVANESCENCE, ATREYU, TRIVIUM and FLYLEAF, alongside headliners KORN.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

damn no place close by.though a trip could work too.

I really did this album . pretty much a strait forward rock album

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: