Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official SILVERTIDE thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official SILVERTIDE thread  (Read 28516 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »

It's official - Nick's moving on from Shinedown.

http://www.atlanticrecords.com/news/article/?articleId=8a0af8121e286cf1011e4be459e42aac

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
sandman
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »

i hope he doesnt leave shinedown

Saw Shinedown open for Buckcherry a few months ago, Nick was highlight of the entire gig...hands down - and I am by no means a fan of his current band.

Haven't heard about him leaving Shinedown but it wouldn't surprise me, he's destined for bigger things I suspect

it's 100% true. i heard it from someone very close to him. he even sent an e-mail out to friends and family on Monday or Tuesday giving them a heads up. an official press release will be made any day.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

Silvertide r back!!! They have been posting on fb and twitter. Sounds they may have a new album of old unreleased songs and there's talk of live shows. I think its the original members. This is potentially a full scale comeback! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »

Silvertide r back!!! They have been posting on fb and twitter. Sounds they may have a new album of old unreleased songs and there's talk of live shows. I think its the original members. This is potentially a full scale comeback! Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's definitely on.

The material will mostly be new, Epic own the masters of what would have been their 2nd record so the chances of those tunes seeing the light of day are about zilch.

It's good to have them back.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2012, 11:16:56 PM »

Still nothing new on this front

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »

Tune in tomorrow at 6pm EST 3pm PST to 93.3 WMMR in Philly or online at

http://www.wmmr.com/ 

from anywhere in the world for news regarding Silvertide!

beer

sandman
Legend

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »

i heard Silvertide get interviewed on MMR last night. it was really cool and they sound excited to get back. they are playing a show in Philly at the TLA on March 9. here's the info from their FB page....

"For the first time in 6 years, Walt Lafty, Nick Perri, Mark Melchiorre Jr., Brian Weaver and Kevin Frank will return to the stage as Silvertide. On March 9th at the TLA in Philadelphia we will be performing our debut album "Show and Tell" from front to back, plus some brand new songs and also some rare favorites.

Tickets are on sale now at http://cncrt.ly/UWSQKI

After the show we will be hitting the studio for the 1st time in many years to record a brand new EP to be released later this year. The EP will be produced by David Ivory, producer of our debut EP "American Excess"."

sandman
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 07:32:50 AM »

here's a good article. great to hear they are planning to write and record a bunch of new songs. hopefully they are back for the long haul.

By ANDY VINEBERG Staff Writer PhillyBurbs.com

Nick Perri never doubted the five original members of Silvertide would play together again, in part because of the shared experiences that will forever bond them, but also because of a fan base that remained loyal to the band long after the release of its one-and-only full-length album.

Eight and a half years after that album?s release ? and seven years after the original lineup last performed together ? Silvertide is back, possibly for the long haul.

The old-school hard-rock band, which formed in Northeast Philadelphia as teenagers in 2001 and quickly went on to earn a worldwide fan base on the strength of its relentless touring schedule and passionate commitment to the music, will play its official reunion show March 9 at a sold-out Theatre of the Living Arts in Philadelphia.

But first, the guys will say thank you to the fans who made the reunion possible with a meet-and-greet/autograph-signing Saturday afternoon at Pat?s Music in Bensalem.

The store is a big part of Perri?s upbringing. The Bensalem native bought his music at Pat?s, took guitar lessons there, even worked there during holidays.

?That?s the store Brian (Weaver), Kevin (Frank) and I grew up in,? he says, referring to two of his Silvertide band mates. ?It was my only real job before Silvertide. I wanted to do something nice to support the local record store.?

The band, which also includes Walt Lafty and Mark Melchiorre Jr., will hang out at the store beginning at 4 p.m., talking to fans, posing for pictures and signing copies of its 2004 album, ?Show and Tell.? New copies of the disc will be available for sale.

Will Silvertide also perform?

?Stranger things have happened,? Perri says, teasingly. ?It?s a store full of instruments, so we?ll see.?

Beyond Saturday and next month?s TLA show, Silvertide fans should have plenty to look forward to. The band has reunited ?not only to rehearse and play shows again,? Perri says, ?but to record, write new music and get back in the swing of things.? The guys hope to write up to 15 new songs and release three or four of them by the summer on an EP that will be produced by David Ivory.
At the TLA show, they will perform ?Show and Tell? in its entirety, then debut some of the new material.

Perri also announced on the band?s Facebook page this week that he will perform at Dobb?s in Philadelphia on March 2. The show, billed as ?Nick Perri and Friends,? will feature members of Silvertide and other area bands.

?We?re going to test the waters, and if everything goes well, there?s no other band I?d rather create music with,? says lead guitarist Perri, who performed with the likes of Shinedown, Perry Farrell and Matt Sorum of Guns N? Roses during Silvertide?s hiatus. ?We started so young that the average age of the band is 28. We?re still at the age where a lot of bands are just starting out.

?The whole musical climate has changed so much. I don?t think anyone has a crystal ball. But as long as the priority is to do everything for the love of the music and let everything else take care of itself, I think that?s a pretty good road map to success.?

Perri, whose singer-songwriter sister Christina Perri enjoyed a monster hit with ?Jar of Hearts,? certainly knows about success. He runs his own business, PERRI INK. Cartel, with his wife, Misi, in Los Angeles, selling motorcycles, guitars, tattoos and apparel.

And while Silvertide certainly wasn?t the biggest act in the world, the guys probably felt like it at times, signing their first record contract as teens with Clive Davis? J Records, opening for the likes of Aerosmith, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver and M?tley Cr?e, performing on national television and playing to frenzied crowds across the globe.

As so often happens in the music business, though, the wild and crazy days didn?t last.

?We were just a casualty of the time,? says Perri, whose parents, Dante and Mary, own Perri?s Barber & Hairstyling in Bensalem. ?It was right as all the labels started merging, and it was kind of like a cluster. It just became too much about the business, too much politics.

?All this really crappy stuff was happening on the business side, and we were, like, ?Screw this.? This was not why we got into it; we got into it for the music. Everything was in such upheaval, we said, ?Let?s take a break.? It wasn?t like it was forever.

?To be honest, man, I?m glad we did it. We left with the integrity of the band intact.?

In the ensuing years, the guys kept active ? and stayed in touch. Lead singer Lafty and bassist Weaver played in a band together called Automatic Fire. Perri and Lafty reunited in 2010 to form the band SINAI.

In the end, all roads led back to Silvertide.

?I knew one day we?d play together again,? Perri says. ?It had to be the five of us. These were my best friends ? we shared life experiences like no other. We dropped out of high school together and were handed the keys to the kingdom. We left things in a state of unfinished business. The chance to make music together again ? that?s what it?s all about.

?And the reason it?s possible is the incredibly loyal fan base we built along the way. We made one great record and kind of went away, but people were constantly asking about new Silvertide music. We feel very blessed. We wouldn?t be doing this if it weren?t for the fans.?

.Silvertide will hold a meet-and-greet with fans at 4 p.m. Saturday at Pat?s Music at 2072 Street Road in Bensalem. Admission is free. Information: 215-638-9750; www.patsmusiccenter.com.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/entertainment/local_entertainment/silvertide-celebrates-reunion-with-area-meet-and-greet/article_db0d32db-9ef3-5f3a-8a2e-ce5b51b64186.html

sandman
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »

i went to the silvertide show saturday night and they were as good as ever! they played their whole album and did a stones cover ("sympathy"). high energy - walt was all over the venue singing and getting everyone invovled. it was really cool to see. it was sold out and the place was packed. hopefully they release some solid music this year and stick around for good.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: