Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 99699 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »

I got into Zep in high school when that huge box set came out ( 1990 ).

Was listenining to Howard the other day and this guy named
Denny Somach. He says Zep ripped off many old blues songs in the first half of their career and credited themselves as the writers- essentially calling them the greatest cover band ever.

oh well, those first 4 albums still rock.

when the music form known as rock uses instruments which only have so many notes, similarities are bound to happen.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »

You gotta be fucking kidding me?

If this is true, i will eat my own face off.

Surely Zeppelin aren't that bad? Tongue

One of my regrets in life is not being born in the 60's. Missing Zeppelin and Sabbath in their peak and missing the punk revolution in the 70's.

If i could see Zeppelin live, i would be dumbstruck.

Yeah plus you could of seen The Doors (at a push), Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Queen and Poison Undecided

you were on a roll until you said poison.  hihi

jimi would've been a big push, so would lennon. He didn't play that many solo gigs.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2007, 05:44:34 PM »

Led Zeppelin 'in talks'

07/27/2007 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

The surviving members of Led Zeppelin are in talks to reform and play live in 2008, according to reports.

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Paul Jones are said to be discussing plans to tour together for the first time in almost 30 years.

The news comes as the rock legends confirm news of a new greatest hits collection, the 24-track Mothership compilation, which has been specially chosen by the group.

Led Zeppelin last toured in July 1980, just months before the death of founding drummer John Bonham, playing again with numerous one-off shows in the intervening years.

Mothership is due for release on November 13.

Link to article: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/45290344
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »

I thought Plant recently shot down this rumor?
Binge_and_Slash
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »

Hmm, could ruin the legacy, on the other hand, like The Rolling Stones, it could work for them and be huge.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »

he shot down the rumor that they would play at a memorial gig for there tour manager, not that they would tour. either way a new greatest hits by the band should be cool, even though i have heard all of there songs a billion times each. but a reunion would blow everybodys mind i think.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:34 PM »

I am so fucking there!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:52 PM »

he shot down the rumor that they would play at a memorial gig for there tour manager, not that they would tour. either way a new greatest hits by the band should be cool, even though i have heard all of there songs a billion times each. but a reunion would blow everybodys mind i think.

Oh ok, Well if it happens i have seriously got to see this. My dad would love it too he's a huge Zeppelin fan.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »

Wonder who they will get as a drummer? I would think Jason Bonham would do it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »

Wonder who they will get as a drummer? I would think Jason Bonham would do it.

Yeah, I think that's about right. Nobody better.

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

I think it would be only right to let Jason play the drums. I don't think anyone else could possibly come close to filling his fathers shoes.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »

Comprehensive Two-CD Led Zeppelin Collection Features Twenty-Four Remastered Studio Tracks; The Very Best of Led Zeppelin Available in Multiple Configurations; Remixed and Remastered Deluxe Reissue of "The Song Remains The Same" Soundtrack Includes Previously Unreleased Tracks; "The Song Remains The Same" Landmark Concert DVD in Limited Edition, HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc From Warner Home Video
Available November 13 and November 20

(Jul 27, 2007) -- After nearly forty years, Led Zeppelin continues to inspire generations with their groundbreaking blues-infused, guitar-driven rock 'n' roll. Arguably the biggest rock band in the world throughout their 12-year reign, they remain one of the most influential and innovative groups in music history. With over 200 million albums sold worldwide, their catalog is one of the most enduring bodies of musical composition to come out of the 20th century.

Available November 13, Atlantic Records/Rhino Entertainment will honor the Rock & Rock Hall of Famers with the release of "Mothership," a 24-track, two-CD comprehensive collection that spans their illustrious career. All eight of the band's classic studio albums are represented here, with the tracks being personally selected by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones. "Mothership" includes landmark songs such as "Whole Lotta Love," "Immigrant Song," "Kashmir," "Rock And Roll," "Dazed And Confused," and "Stairway To Heaven." The set will also include new liner notes by famed rock writer David Fricke.

Available at all physical retail outlets and www.ledzeppelin.com, "Mothership" collectible packages will be available in multiple configurations:

-- Standard Package - 2-CD set ($19.98 SRP)
-- Deluxe Edition - 2-CD/ 1-DVD featuring the premiere-version (90
minutes) of live performance footage culled from the "Led Zeppelin DVD"
($24.98 SRP)
-- Collector's Edition - 2-CD/1-DVD ultra-deluxe, collectible limited
edition ($TBA)
-- Vinyl Edition - 4 LPs, high-end, audiophile quality vinyl with
collectible memorabilia ($74.98 SRP)

Originally released in 1976, "The Song Remains The Same" soundtrack album of the concert film features songs from the band's three-night stint at Madison Square Garden in July 1973. On November 20, "The Song Remains The Same" soundtrack gets the deluxe reissue treatment, with the band members overseeing the remixing and remastering of the original release. The new version of the soundtrack includes six songs that were not on the original release -- "Black Dog," "Over The Hills And Far Away," "Misty Mountain Hop," "Since I've Been Loving You," "The Ocean," and "Heartbreaker," plus new liner notes by Academy Award?-winning director Cameron Crowe ("Almost Famous").

Slated for a simultaneous release, Warner Home Video debuts brand-new DVD editions of "The Song Remains The Same," now for the first time with all 14 songs from the original concert. The DVD features newly remixed and remastered sound, 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, and boasts more than 40 minutes of added bonus material*, including never-before-released performance footage of "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "Celebration Day"; plus performances of "Misty Mountain Hop" and "The Ocean"; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Peter Grant; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand; and a Cameron Crowe radio show. The discs will be available as follows:

-- Deluxe Edition DVD - ($19.97 SRP*)
-- Deluxe Edition HD DVD and Blu-ray - ($28.99 SRP each*)
-- Limited Collector's Edition - 2-disc set includes collectible vintage
T-shirt with original album artwork design, soundtrack CD, lobby cards,
reproductions of original premiere invites, tour schedule, and more ($TBA*)

"We have revisited 'The Song Remains The Same,'" says Jimmy Page, "and can now offer the complete set as played at Madison Square Garden. This differs substantially from the original soundtrack released in 1976, and highlights the technical prowess of Kevin Shirley, who worked with us on 'How The West Was Won.' When it comes to 'The Song Remains The Same,' the expansion of the DVD and soundtrack are as good as it gets on the Led Zeppelin wish list."

MOTHERSHIP
Track Listing:

Disc One
1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Communication Breakdown
3. Dazed And Confused
4. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
5. Whole Lotta Love
6. Ramble On
7. Heartbreaker
8. Immigrant Song
9. Since I've Been Loving You
10. Rock And Roll
11. Black Dog
12. When The Levee Breaks
13. Stairway To Heaven

Disc Two
1. Song Remains The Same
2. Over The Hills And Far Away
3. D'Yer Maker
4. No Quarter
5. Trampled Under Foot
6. Houses Of The Holy
7. Kashmir
8. Nobody's Fault But Mine
9. Achilles Last Stand
10. In The Evening
11. All My Love

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME
Track Listing

Disc One
1. Rock And Roll
2. Celebration Day
3. Black Dog*
4. Over The Hills*
5. Misty Mountain Hop*
6. Since I've Been Loving You*
7. No Quarter
8. The Song Remains The Same
9. Rain Song
10. The Ocean*

Disc Two
1. Dazed And Confused
2. Stairway To Heaven
3. Moby Dick
4. Heartbreaker*
5. Whole Lotta Love

* Not on original soundtrack release

Link: http://www.led-zeppelin.com/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 09:06:34 PM by WhiteRose » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »

Now that would be worth buying.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2007, 02:16:03 PM »

Looking forward to buy those new items.

Hope they do tour hell I would suck off everybody on this board to ensure that it happens.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »

eh, i still dunno about the touring... i don't think it would be that great.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »

3. D'Yer Maker
6. Houses Of The Holy

Quality. beer

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »

Led Zeppelin tour in '08?

It would be big. Potentially one of the biggest ever.

I'm talking, of course, about the increased chatter regarding a Led Zeppelin reunion tour for 2008 featuring founding members Robert Plant on vocals, Jimmy Page on guitar and John Paul Jones on bass, with Jason Bonham, son of the late Zep drummer John Bonham, manning the skins.

There has been no announcement that this tour is going to happen, and Plant has publicly denied it will take place. Billboard in general and myself in particular aren't usually in the rumor business. But this thing is starting to take on a certain air of reality. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

For years, a Led Zeppelin tour, or the closest thing to it in the absence of John Bonham, has been considered the holy grail of the touring world.

Plant and Page toured arenas together in the mid-'90s. With a killer backing band, the pair reported $31.4 million from 63 shows that drew 1,028,678 people. That was enough to make Plant/Page the seventh-grossing tour of the year at a time when the Rolling Stones, the Grateful Dead and the Eagles were all touring stadiums.

And remember, 1995 was the cusp of exploding ticket prices. A ticket price higher than $100 was rare; the Stones topped out most dates at $50 that year, the Dead were $33.50 tops and the Eagles had shattered the glass ceiling but were still mostly less than $100.

While the days of coast-to-coast stadium tours appear to be behind us, a Led Zeppelin tour will undoubtedly play scattered stadiums in North America and probably all stadiums in Europe. The tour would most likely be a creative "mix and match" route similar to what the Stones have done recently.

So let's be conservative and say Led Zeppelin averages $225 per ticket, with top seats at a Stones-esque $450 and a low end at $75. It's a big production, so you get an arena capacity of about 15,000 max. Say 5,000 tickets at $75, 5,000 at $200, 3,000 at $300 and 2,000 at $450, for the sake of discussion. That comes to a gross of $3.2 million for one night.

Suddenly those 1,028,678 headbangers Plant and Page played to in 1995 generate a gross of $231,452,550 in 2008. From those 63 shows the average gross is now $3.7 million, compared with slightly less than $500,000 per night then.

Given the status this tour would have and what it would take to get these guys out on the road, it's not unreasonable to assume the guarantee would be in the $3-million-per-night range. The merchandise numbers would be astronomical, $15 per head or better, so that brings in another $15.4 million minimum, with online sales bringing in plenty more. Plus, there no doubt would be some serious live DVD possibilities, not to mention there's talk of a new compilation release, and catalog sales at large would receive a terrific boost. Let's not forget VIP and fan-club packages, and a high- seven-figure sponsorship deal. And, hey, while were at it, let's get them in the studio to record some new material under the Zep brand. Now that's big. *

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »

Next to the release of Chinese D' , this would be 2nd on my list of musical wishes this year or next
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2007, 08:30:56 AM »

We're talking ZEPPELIN! How could it not be great?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2007, 08:35:28 AM »

We're talking ZEPPELIN! How could it not be great?

It would go down like a Lead Zepplin... Roll Eyes? ? ?rofl? ?smoking
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:02:24 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: