Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 98512 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #540 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »

In a recent interview with U.K.'s Telegraph.co.uk, legendary LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant was asked about the band's reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena in December 2007, with Jason Bonham taking his father's place behind the drum kit. "I really had a wonderful time," said Plant. "It was the best LED ZEPPELIN gig since 1975."

When asked if he would do it again, Plant replied, "I don't think so. You've got to have a lot in common with the people you're working with at this time in your life. Everything has to move on and forward, in all relationships.

"I know that bands that haven't put out a record for 10 years are playing to 20,000 people a night. But that's not the achievement. The achievement is to knock yourself out. It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #541 on: October 03, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »

Just got turned on to Led Zeppelin, i only knew the new greatest hits, so now im listening to the whole discography and i think i even like it more than GNR! Im shocked!!  nervous

Oh My God i cant deny this...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »

Just got turned on to Led Zeppelin, i only knew the new greatest hits, so now im listening to the whole discography and i think i even like it more than GNR! Im shocked!!  nervous
Enjoy your first trips into the world of the zeppelin, its always great how you feel the first few times you listen to something great.

html sucks
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »

Enjoy your first trips into the world of the zeppelin, its always great how you feel the first few times you listen to something great.

WOW! Dude its amazing! Iv been listening to them the whole morning, im thinkin on doing so all day ha! I honestly think i even like it more than GNR. Im in love with the first album Led Zeppelin I. I love that "Dazed and Confused" song! its awesome! Im gonna listen to the second album now!

I love that rawness of the songs, and i certainly can hear all the influences of the following bands, including GNR on it!
I had the greatest hits and i wasnt much into it because of the production i guess... but im totally digging it now! Even more than what i listen to today!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:08:52 AM by Halo69 » Logged

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #544 on: October 04, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »

^Welcome to the world of Led Zep. Cheesy It's a toss-up for me between IV, HOTH and Physical Graffiti for their best album. I'm leaning towards Graffiti though. Just read a great article in Classic Rock about the making of it. They found out they had too much stuff to put on one vinyl record so they thought "Fuck it, let's put some slightly older stuff on there too and make it a double". Grin

Never really got into the first album, aside from Good Times Bad Times and Communication Breakdown and I think Presence is a bit of a dud by Zeppelin standards, but the rest is all great. ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #545 on: October 04, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »

^Welcome to the world of Led Zep. Cheesy It's a toss-up for me between IV, HOTH and Physical Graffiti for their best album. I'm leaning towards Graffiti though. Just read a great article in Classic Rock about the making of it. They found out they had too much stuff to put on one vinyl record so they thought "Fuck it, let's put some slightly older stuff on there too and make it a double". Grin

Never really got into the first album, aside from Good Times Bad Times and Communication Breakdown and I think Presence is a bit of a dud by Zeppelin standards, but the rest is all great. ok
yknow, ive never been able to get into Houses of the Holy. Just felt like it lacked the balls of Zepp for me.

Everything else though, brilliant.

html sucks
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #546 on: October 04, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »

yknow, ive never been able to get into Houses of the Holy. Just felt like it lacked the balls of Zepp for me.

Houses of the Holy is actually my favorite - I believe their most introspective and mind-opening albums. I do not like Presence as a whole album and In thru the out door does very little for me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #547 on: October 05, 2010, 03:57:04 AM »

Houses of the Holy is actually my favorite - I believe their most introspective and mind-opening albums. I do not like Presence as a whole album and In thru the out door does very little for me

Hmm, I actually really like ITTOD. The two best songs on it IMO are the more 'jokey' ones, Hot Dog and South Bound Saurez. I'm Gonna Crawl is great too and there's certainly worse songs they could've gone out with.

If I had to rank the albums in order from fav to least to fav, I'd say:

Graffiti
IV
HOTH
III
ITTOD
II
Debut
Presence

Some seem to count Coda as an 'official' studio album but I've always seen it as just a collection of outtakes.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: October 05, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »

Well so far to me the best album was the first one, loved all the songs in that album. II seems to be a little more of the same genre but i think its weaker than the debut album, same for III.
Havent check the other ones yet

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #549 on: October 05, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »

Hmm, I actually really like ITTOD. The two best songs on it IMO are the more 'jokey' ones, Hot Dog and South Bound Saurez. I'm Gonna Crawl is great too and there's certainly worse songs they could've gone out with.

If I had to rank the albums in order from fav to least to fav, I'd say:

Graffiti
IV
HOTH
III
ITTOD
II
Debut
Presence

Some seem to count Coda as an 'official' studio album but I've always seen it as just a collection of outtakes.

HOH
Graffiti
Presence
ITOD
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #550 on: October 05, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »

Well so far to me the best album was the first one, loved all the songs in that album. II seems to be a little more of the same genre but i think its weaker than the debut album, same for III.
Havent check the other ones yet
i always thought III was quite different from most of their albums, Very acoustic and folky.

html sucks
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #551 on: May 05, 2011, 08:54:54 AM »

1973-01-22 - The Old Refectory, Southampton, UK
["Swastika"]
Date: Monday, January 22, 1973
Venue: The Old Refectory, Student Union Building, Southampton University, Southampton, England, UK. Europe
Label: Tarantura (TCD 67-1/2)
Format: MP3 VBR
Size: 161 MB

CD 1
1. Rock and Roll
2. Over the Hills and Far Away
3. Balck Dog
4. Misty Mountain Hop
5. Since I've Been Loving You
6. Dancing Days
7. The Song Remains the Same
8. The Rain Song
9. Dazed And Confused

CD 2
1. Stairway to Heaven
2. Whole Lotta Love
3. Heartbreaker
4. Organ Solo
5. Thank You
6. How Many More Times
7. Communication Breakdown

DOWNLOAD: http://depositfiles.com/files/5z341rix6

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #552 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »

Presence is criminally underrated smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #553 on: September 09, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

On Saturday (September Cool, LED ZEPPELIN posted a cryptic graphic on its Facebook page that is believed to be releated to the imminent announcement of the DVD/CD release of the band's 2007 reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena.

An image with the number "Five" ? in ZEPPELIN logo font ? has sent the rumor mill into overdrive as fans speculate about its meaning.

One clue may have been offered by LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page's manager, Peter Mensch, who alluded to the upcoming release in a tweet on Saturday, writing, "it's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

Mensch was more specific in a July 9 tweet when he wrote, "today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

The new LED ZEPPELIN set is rumored to consist of a double DVD accompanied by two CDs and is expected to be released in November.

An estimated nine million people applied for the 18,000 tickets to the O2 Arena show, which featured Jason Bonham taking his late father's place behind the drum kit.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »

cool. there is now a number four in their fb page.

and yes presence is a underrated masterpiece!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »

III  posted today with a clip of the sound of an audience.

What are they up to? Imagine if it is more than just the release of the 2007 concert. Don't get me wrong that would be great, but what would be fantastic is if  another one-off show will be announced.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #556 on: September 11, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »

now they put a audio of good times bad times from the 07 concert up.

so its gonna be that!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »

This is the newly released trailer for the Led Zeppelin reunion from 2007 at the 02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbusDxLekPQ&feature=youtu.be
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #558 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »

Good week for Led Zep fans:

1. "Celebration Day" coming to theaters next month, then DVD.
2. Kennedy Center Honors in December where Page, Plant & Jones will be honored along with Buddy MFing Guy and Dustin Hoffman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbusDxLekPQ

Possible - new announcement of new music from Jimmy Page before the end of the year.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »

Here's an idea....bring Page in to the next Them Crooked Vultures album.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: