Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Senate passes non binding resolution denouncing Bush Iraq plan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Senate passes non binding resolution denouncing Bush Iraq plan  (Read 10352 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 04:29:20 PM »

since you already declined my offer for you to PM may about ANY topic...which doesnt surprise me, liberals hate being confronted on their views,

How does not taking it to PM become avoiding confrontation. If you're the master debater that you claim, why do you want to do it in private?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 12:33:31 AM »

since you already declined my offer for you to PM may about ANY topic...which doesnt surprise me, liberals hate being confronted on their views,

How does not taking it to PM become avoiding confrontation. If you're the master debater that you claim, why do you want to do it in private?

Honestly I asked Booker Floyd to do it in private, because most of you on this board have no idea what you are talking about and are actually taking away from the converstation...I was tired of sifting though all the useless comments to get to Bookers which actually hold some water....

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »

you didnt say I was a republican? You said at least twice in other threads...

Prove it.

you are in fact calling him a republican

No, Im not.? I explained why I put him there.

since you already declined my offer for you to PM may about ANY topic...which doesnt surprise me, liberals hate being confronted on their views

Youre welcome to believe that if it makes you feel better, but the truth is I simply have no interest in talking to you through PMs.

But speaking of being confronted, youve crept away from providing any evidence that Nancy Pelosi had plastic surgery, offering nothing more than your own desire for it to be true.? You avoided addressing the divisive Republican statements during Kosovo, instead [ironically] asserting your remarkable debating skills.? You make an issue of Obamas lack of experience and fail to explan how it differs from Lincolns similar experience.? Heres your opportunity to back up your opinions instead of weaseling out again.

besides the common cut and run solution they have which will end in catastrophy....Listen I will be the first one to say that Bush fucked up th Iraq war...it is a mess, no doubt about it....however I want to hear ONE other option that the democrats have that will WIN the war over there....

By creating that condition, youre not interested in hearing the alternative, youre interested in pretending youre right.? ? You apparently share the presidents simplistic notion of "victory."? Well see how that turns out.

ok as for Nancy Pelosi having plastic surgery just look at her..well google her name and you will see what i mean...we have had no evidence of Michael Jackson having plastic surgery does that mean he didnt have it...and who cares if she did? i made one wise ass remark about her and you decided to take issue with it...I can care less if she had plastic surgery...thats not the reason she is such a shitty politician...I can care less about what republicans said about Kosovo...I am not here to defend republicans...I am here stating my opinions on how I think this country can become better....I dont care who does it....rep or dem.....Obama has a lack of experience...so did Lincoln...Lincoln turned out to be a good president....but I think Obamas lack of experience will hurt him...especially with Clintons track record....it is a different time,, i just dont think he has enough to get the nomination.....yet

what condition do you speak of? I want our country to WIN in Iraq.....what is the alternative....do the Dems have one that will involve us winning or will it be another embarrassment like the situation they got us into in Vietnam(which Nixon contributed to as well)

I want your honest opinion on this....what solution would you be happy with as far as Iraq goes...You may think I have a simplistic view about it...but it is a pretty simple situation...People want to kill us....we can either a. kill as many of them as we can before they come here to kill us , or b. wait for them to sneak into our country and knock down a few more buildings or even worse set off a dirty bomb in New York....give me you honest opinion on a good solution for this problem.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:29:14 AM by JohnSDMF » Logged
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 02:13:19 AM »

Honestly I asked Booker Floyd to do it in private, because most of you on this board have no idea what you are talking about and are actually taking away from the converstation...I was tired of sifting though all the useless comments to get to Bookers which actually hold some water....

You are the king of debating. I'll be even more impressed when you make a point.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 02:14:31 AM »

You are the king of debating. I'll be even more impressed when you make a point.

He did ask me if I got all my political views from Green Days latest endeavor. That's gotta count for something.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 02:51:49 AM »

I have made several points on this board...just because you might not agree with them does not mean they havent been made...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 03:04:09 AM »

this is the most pointless resolution ever...it doesnt DO anything..all it does is EXPRESS how the Dems dont agree with it....further showing all of our enemies that we are a divided nation...and thus encouraging all of them....thank god dems dont run our country...we would be invaded and conquered within an hour...

yeah... that what usually happens ... people invade countries and all
just like last week when switzerland invaded russia
and last month when sri lanka attacked? peru !

so crazy!

very interesting words you use man:
ennemies
invaded
conquered
thank god

very interesting...

yeah well your profile says you are from France, so i figured you know all about being invaded and conquered ok
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 09:53:17 AM »

I have made several points on this board...just because you might not agree with them does not mean they havent been made...

You've reeled off a bunch of stuff that everyone here has heard many times before, and half the time you're responding to things the other person didn't even say just because that's what your script says. It's not about whether I agree or disagree, it's about your self-proclaimed debating prowess, and I'm the jury.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »

this is the most pointless resolution ever...it doesnt DO anything..all it does is EXPRESS how the Dems dont agree with it....further showing all of our enemies that we are a divided nation...and thus encouraging all of them....thank god dems dont run our country...we would be invaded and conquered within an hour...

and last month when sri lanka attacked  peru !

so crazy!

ennemies
invaded
conquered
thank god

very interesting...

yeah well your profile says you are from France, so i figured you know all about being invaded and conquered ok

How old are you? 13?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2007, 01:15:03 AM »

and last month when sri lanka attacked? peru !

so crazy!

ennemies
invaded
conquered
thank god

very interesting...

How old are you? 13?

come on that was a good line and you know it Smiley   and repeating things you have heard thousands and thousands of times is what happens when you debate about politics..there is only so much that can be said....Watch any tv show with 2 people goin at it and you can probably guess what they are going to say before they open their mouths....the whole point is to hammer on each other and get absolutely nowhere and resolve nothing....which is what debating this kind of shit does....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:18:12 AM by JohnSDMF » Logged
Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2007, 03:32:18 AM »

half the time you're responding to things the other person didn't even say just because that's what your script says.

More rightwing backwash proper gander for the masses. Too bad for him that nobody is listening anymore.

Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2007, 03:41:05 AM »

We are witnessing the beginning of the complete implosion of Bushism. The Senate is poised to rebuke him, led by members of his own party. His Attorney General arrives to push Bush fascism on habeus corpus, something Maccaca and the Gang would have accepted a few months back, and is instead laughed out of the Senate.

The end of the "We Are Winning In Iraq" charade, a buffoonish national clown show where administration Tony Snow-Job would give us daily pronouncements from Der Fuehrer that all was well on the Russian Front. To make it even more painful, the coup de grace was delivered by Bush's newest top military man, who seems to be able to speak the truth, unlike Bush dicksuck Abizaid, the guy who ran the Iraq war into the ditch, So here we have it now, Bush's new man telling us the truth:

Incoming commander admits miscalculations
Adm. Fallon says U.S. overestimated Iraqi forces? ability to take control

(AP) Navy Adm. William J. Fallon, President Bush's nominee to head U.S. Central Command replacing Gen. John Abizaid, said in a statement that securing Iraq was more difficult than the U.S. anticipated.

WASHINGTON - Adm. William Fallon, who is poised to become the top American commander in the Middle East, says the United States miscalculated the ability of Iraqi forces to take control and underestimated the enemy?s persistence.

?Securing the stability of the country has been more difficult than anticipated,? Fallon said in a written statement to the Senate Armed Services Committee. ?Our ability to correctly assess the political, economic and security situation in Iraq has been lacking.?

Fallon?s remarks were submitted in advance of a confirmation hearing Tuesday. Fallon, who commands troops in the Pacific region, has been tapped to replace Army Gen. John Abizaid as head of the U.S. Central Command.

In addition Tuesday, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee was expected to consider the nomination of John Negroponte, the first director of national intelligence, to become deputy secretary of state.

Fallon and Negroponte?s confirmations were not expected to rouse Senate protests, despite bitter opposition in Congress to Bush?s plan to send 21,500 additional troops to Iraq.

Public sentiment has turned strongly against a war that has dragged on for nearly four years with more than 3,000 American dead and violence unabated by insurgents and sectarian militias.

Sharp rebuke of al-Maliki
In remarks prepared for a speech Tuesday, Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., a member of the Armed Services Committee who recently returned from a trip to the region, said only another 200,000 or 300,000 U.S. troops would make a substantial difference in Iraq.

?Based on everything I saw last month, and based on my conversations with Iraqi officials, our own military leaders and rank-and-file soldiers, I am convinced more troops won?t end the sectarian violence,? Nelson said.

Nelson also was expected to deliver a sharp rebuke of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. Nelson said al-Maliki ?either lacks the will, or the nerve, to take on the Shiite militias.?

Last week the Senate approved, 81-0, Bush?s nomination of Army Lt. Gen. David Petraeus to head the Iraq war. Petraeus would work alongside Fallon, who would oversee military operations throughout the region, including Afghanistan.

During Petraeus? Jan. 23 confirmation hearing, senators questioned him on how Bush?s new strategy would work and whether Congress should weigh in with a resolution of disapproval.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007, 02:10:57 AM »

half the time you're responding to things the other person didn't even say just because that's what your script says.

More rightwing backwash proper gander for the masses. Too bad for him that nobody is listening anymore.

I am not follwing a script or "talking points" as they are commonly called...they are my opinions...if they have been discussed already its not my fault...everything I post on here I feel has something to do with a question or a post I am responding too....What I dont understand is how I am labled "right wing" just for wanting to WIN in Iraq....because I have a problem with democrats I am right wing? I have a problem with alot of republicans as well....As far as you saying no one is listening to that right wing propaganda...thats not true....Rush Limbaugh is the number 1 radio show in the nation by FAR...and Sean Hannity is number 2...and you dont get more one sided than those 2 guys....so that right wing  stuff is still popular....I cant listen to Rush for more than 5 minutes though...I dont know how millions of people do it if for 3 hours everyday
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: