Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how young is too young for gnr concert
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how young is too young for gnr concert  (Read 13254 times)
Zerocool2
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:51 PM »

I remember seeing GNR in concert in Oakland...my ticket was right next to the stage, 7 rows up, and three rows in front of me was a young girl who couldn't have been more than 4 with her parents.  Sure there were kids under 13 with there parents (we all remember our first concert where our mom or dad was with us and we stuck out like a sore thumb) and that's cool but personally I didn't think that that little kid should have been there, especially so close to the Pyro and the fact that the concert didn't even start until like 12:30.  What do you think?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »

Ummm, yeah...I, I'm gonna say that's a bit young.  5 maybe, but 4?  no
But, that kid could have become the fastest crowd surfer ever!  Couldn't have weighed more than 40 pounds!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

I guess when I get OLDER I'd understand the whole kid situation at a GN'R concert. ?But WHO CARES?!?! I'm there to enjoy the concert not worry about kids, just let em rock out and enjoy themselves!! ?It's the stupid ass parents faults that they brought them in the first place. ?I remember when I was at Hammerstein there was some little kid and his parents were using him to get in the front row trying to barge there way in front in me..I say FUCK THAT. ?I waited in line for 8 hours so in that case I guess I would say LEAVE THE KID AT HOME!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »

As long as they understand the music and are there to enjoy themselves, let the kids have their fun.  peace

But nagging, crying and fussing....that won't do.
Geck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:58:39 PM »

That's so stupid to bring such a little kid to a GNR concert. They're too young to appreciate it anyway. Dumb parents.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »

as long as the kid isn't crying, it shouldn't really matter

as long as the parents don't care about the permanent hearing damage!  Roll Eyes

Fucked up and out of place
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 11:03:36 PM »

I went to see Rod Stewart when i was 6, and I hated it.

I wish I could see him now though, I'd enjoy it. 

But yeah, they won't care if you leave them at home. Little kids get bored fast and wantto go home, or to the bathroom every 10 minutes.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 11:10:33 PM »

what do you care man, not your kid. When i have kids i'll take'em to any thing KISS G'n'R whatever. and maybe that lil kid liked G'n'R, think of it this way, what would you wrather have another little bastard at a 50 cent concert or a kid getting into good music like G'n'R hihi thats what i'd prefer.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:11:05 PM »

Who was in the pit at the msg show? I wasnt sure if they were still there when Guns was on, but there was a kid so young in that pit that he had to be on his parents shoulders the whole time during baz. I imagine they must have left the kid was like 3 or 4 years old. Id say for a gnr show 10 is the cut off date.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 11:59:51 PM »

Compared to the shit on TV and in video games, GNR isn't nearly as "obscene" as it used to be. 

However, kids at a show are a pain in the ass for the adults.  If the kid WANTS to go (i.e. likes the music) then that's cool (thumbs up for proper parenting, there!), but otherwise $20 to some high schooler who can babysit.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 12:20:32 AM »

Who was in the pit at the msg show? I wasnt sure if they were still there when Guns was on, but there was a kid so young in that pit that he had to be on his parents shoulders the whole time during baz. I imagine they must have left the kid was like 3 or 4 years old. Id say for a gnr show 10 is the cut off date.

When the moshing started during Jungle, I saw a 4 year old and parent battling to get out of the pit.  I was amazed that the kid was there.

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 12:24:36 AM »

what do you care man, not your kid. When i have kids i'll take'em to any thing KISS G'n'R whatever. and maybe that lil kid liked G'n'R, think of it this way, what would you wrather have another little bastard at a 50 cent concert or a kid getting into good music like G'n'R hihi thats what i'd prefer.

I'd prefer the kid to make his own decisions  hihi
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »

fetal
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »

I've been thinking about this one too lately. ?There have been threads around about Evanescence and GNR. ?My daughter just loves Evanescence and Amy Lee, so if there were a show with the both of them, it would be a real temptation.

But she's 7 (almost 8 ). ?And I bet I won't be able to rock out like I usually do at a GNR show. ?I ?have a feeling I would have alot of trouble trying to be Mom and cindyscrazy at the same time ?nervous ?I took her to her first real show last year and found the experiance is MUCH different when you've got a little person to worry about in addition to yourself.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »

Hey, that's the next generation of fans. ?As long as they're liking it and not all ?crying, I say "ROCK ON" little dudes. ok Cool.?  But definately keep them out of the pits. nervous
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 12:49:57 AM by Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow » Logged
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 01:06:55 AM »

Yea, both rock concerts I saw this year had really young kids who clearly shouldn't have been there. I don't know exactly how to judge when a kid is ready, though... just gotta know.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Zerocool2
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 01:42:50 AM »

I work with high school sophomores and I while I'm single (23) I wouldn't mind taking some of the kids to the show if their parents let me, the ones that I trust to not run off and smoke pot and get me fired, it would be cool.  BUT like 4 years old and that close to the pyro...i just don't know...I saw road crew guys covering their ears when pyro went off and this kid was almost just as close with nothing covering her ears...
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 03:44:24 AM »

If I had a kid that wanted to see a show, I'd get a good pair of SEATS so the kid isn't in the fucking pit, standing around uncomfortable.

Pits should be 16/17 and up. Just my opinion. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »

If I had a kid that wanted to see a show, I'd get a good pair of SEATS so the kid isn't in the fucking pit, standing around uncomfortable.

i totaly agree on this one!
When i saw GNR in Oslo Spektrum, there were alot of young girls.. hmm guess about 14 years old, passing out because of the pressure and heat!
I had to help a girl up from the floor about 5 times... I really want the younger kids to see GNR on stage, but i think they would be better of with some good seats or something.. coz the front is for us older kids.. haha  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BLOEDKOPF2007
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »

i totaly agree on this one!
When i saw GNR in Oslo Spektrum, there were alot of young girls.. hmm guess about 14 years old, passing out because of the pressure and heat!
I had to help a girl up from the floor about 5 times... I really want the younger kids to see GNR on stage, but i think they would be better of with some good seats or something.. coz the front is for us older kids.. haha? ok

I agree on this one, too.
But:
Is there a real 'TOO YOUNG' at all?
As long as everything is made possible for personal safety, it's fine.
As for the ears:
Stick some cotton wool into them ... that should be enough ...

'It's never too early and rarely too late!'
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:24:03 AM by BLOEDKOPF2007 » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »

Same as too old. Your never too old or too young! It depends on the person. I didn't get to go to shows when I was a kid and have always regretted it! I could have seen some amazing shows! Music is art and a child should not miss out on that! It helps form who that kid is going to be. As for going alone that would be different. They need someone responcible there with them. I say rock on kids!
peace
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »

when you have to go with your parents bc your a litle bitch and cant protect your self. MSG in the puit 2girls and their mom went wttj starts place goes nuts, i get pushed my gf gets pushed, mom almost nails me in balls. She did this to about 8 other people. My gf almost killed that fat whore!!!

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 08:27:29 AM »

i will bring my kids to rock shows when im in that time of my life ?hihi, but yeah.. i would get some earplugs for them.. I actually are thinking about using someone myself. But not he plastic shit they sell in the toolstore, or the soft shit they use in the building industry.. You can go to your local hospital, and make someone for yourself, they are of much better quality, and dont shut out any elements from the music. they only reduse the sound.. they may cost ?a littlebit, but its worth it..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:35 AM »

if you bring kids  DO NOT BRING THEM IN THE PIT!!! Parents do that shit and when the pace goes nuts you get pushed and they thake it out on you. Bring the kids in the stands or seated areas away from moshes.

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »

I braught my daughter to a Motley Crue show last year.  SHe was 6.

The only problem I see for the GnR shows, is that they start a midnight.  She would be probably sleeping on her seat by then...Wink

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »

well your exposing your kid to a barage of profanity... whcih is pretty irresponsible.
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 09:15:45 AM »

If You Will Not Allow Them To Have Sex... So Whatever Age That Is... 18, 21, 35, 7...

Cos I'm A Human Being...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »

I have a 4 year old daughter....

As a responsible parent, I couldnt bring her to a GnR show.

Not to mention, she'd be miserable.   

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 09:34:05 AM »

well your exposing your kid to a barage of profanity... whcih is pretty irresponsible.

Trust me, Ive seen worse.

Excluding mild profanity in Gn'R's back catalogue, Axl honestly doesn't swear on stage frequently at all.

But as for the question, as long as the kid is having a great time and the parents are keeping a watchful eye, I really don't think age should be an issue at all.

At the first Warfield show last year, I remember there was a kid in front of me with his mother who couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old, as he was standing on the seat to see the stage.. hihi

But in anycase, I remember a random dude next to his mother actually asked her why she would bring her child to a Gn'R show, and she went on saying how "2 years ago, her son became absolutely obsessed with Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose, and she simply had to take him to a show when they were touring locally..."

Really, really cute moment, especially when throughout the show he'd be shouting "you rock Axl!!! you rock!!".. Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

I was 9 when I saw em in '93....and I've been hooked ever since

Axl is God.
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »

Yeah, that is a little too young but might as well expose them early to GNR, their brain is like a sponge haha  hihi

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »

I might as well add my 2 cents worth here, because I have an 8 year old boy. ?And there's just no way I would take him to a rock n' roll concert. ?Those are adult events, with adult activities and language, drinking, and it's just no place for a young child. ?He likes Guns N' Roses and we listen to them in the car all the time. ?But I wouldn't want him to go to a concert until he's much older.

The possiblity of hearing damage is also a major concern. ?The developing child has much higher sensitivity to sound and much higher potential for damage. ?I would not want to risk putting my child in a situation that might damage his hearing.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

I remember seeing GNR in concert in Oakland...my ticket was right next to the stage, 7 rows up, and three rows in front of me was a young girl who couldn't have been more than 4 with her parents.? Sure there were kids under 13 with there parents (we all remember our first concert where our mom or dad was with us and we stuck out like a sore thumb) and that's cool but personally I didn't think that that little kid should have been there, especially so close to the Pyro and the fact that the concert didn't even start until like 12:30.? What do you think?

It doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone else thinks.How about letting the parent decide what's right for their kid? It's really nobody's business if someone wants to take their kid to a show. I don't take mine to shows til they hit 7, but if someone wants to responsibility/hassle of watching over a 4 year old at a show, then i say more power to them.
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

as soon as you can take care of yourself in a rockconcert without parents, i think you're old enough to go to concerts.? beer

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:35 PM »

What do you think they see and here everyday in life. On tv, radio, school, out in public, in their own home, its all the same. I don't believe in sheltering children. I believe in teaching them right from wrong.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 06:04:37 PM »

Ear plugs?
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »

Forget the whole profane thing. Thats irrelivant.. The main point for me is this - when the place goes nuts for whatever reason, can the child take a few knocks without ending up in hospital? No? OK then, not old enough for the floor.

If they are that young then seats for you and them. Simple. The last thing any band needs is some sprog getting accidently killed in a crush.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Phloyd
Opening Act

Phloyd was here

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 04:42:58 AM »

in the upperbowl of the everett show someone had a baby under the age of 3...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:50 AM »

12 yrs or so is about as low as I'd go, depends on the kid. But 7, or 8? No way.
Amanda.
Rocker

Damn, I'm a legend.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2007, 07:23:44 AM »

in the upperbowl of the everett show someone had a baby under the age of 3...

i saw in helsinki someone was carrying a baby under 6 months old! she had earplugs but still. maybe it's hard to find a babysitter.

Guns N?Roses @ Hartwall Arena 6.7.06

I'M SO NEXT CENTURY.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: