Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R marketing ideas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R marketing ideas  (Read 21265 times)
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »

I thought would have probably been talked about, but I haven't seen a topic.  Do you think we will see a commercial for Chinese Democracy during the Superbowl?  Perhaps the new Harley add featuring Better will be played.  What are your thoughts?
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »

Doubt it, I'm just guessing that Superbowl ad time would cost way more than Gn'R's willing to spend....I guess that would be up to Harley for their Ad, so that's a possiblility, but we will not see an ad for CD

Axl is God.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »

NO!

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »

I thought would have probably been talked about, but I haven't seen a topic.? Do you think we will see a commercial for Chinese Democracy during the Superbowl?? Perhaps the new Harley add featuring Better will be played.? What are your thoughts?

Hey bro, you must not have looked very hard cos there's plenty of mentions of this throughout the board.

It aint happenin for the Super bowl .... wish to God it was... but it aint. ? no

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 06:33:49 PM »

it would be nice but won't happen...didn't they cancel that Harley ad or something anyways?

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2007, 06:40:29 PM »

it is the launching that the expensive album deserved!

o no!!!

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

I thought would have probably been talked about, but I haven't seen a topic.  Do you think we will see a commercial for Chinese Democracy during the Superbowl?  Perhaps the new Harley add featuring Better will be played.  What are your thoughts?

Hey bro, you must not have looked very hard cos there's plenty of mentions of this throughout the board.

It aint happenin for the Super bowl .... wish to God it was... but it aint.   no

how do you know that?

we might have a nice surprise on sunday
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »

It aint happenin for the Super bowl .... wish to God it was... but it aint.   no

how do you know that?

Supposedly all of the commercials are spoken for. I haven't seen a list personally, but they're out there. Its not going to be kept a secret, because really - what does anyone else have to gain by keeping a commercial for an album secret? Especially if its the Harley ad w/Better? Harley wants to make money - and to them, an unreleased GNR song is good promo, but they're not going to go out of their way to cover it up. Its just not going to happen.

The good news is the band is already booking shows for 2007. They wouldn't be doing this if the wheels weren't spinning. To be honest, speculating over the same old topics is just getting old, and I'm growing bored with it. There's not going to be a Super Bowl commercial.

Take the shows as a sign of good faith, and let's look forward to March/April/May.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:30:08 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »

Well at least no one is speculating that GNR will do a surprise performance. Although that would be kickass to see Axl on stage with Prince, both my #1 &#2 favorite artists.  Smiley

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 08:53:35 PM »

Here are a bunch of leaked Super Bowl commercials;
http://superbowl.liveleak.com/

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »

I love Coca Cola but swore off it recently. In a little over two weeks, I've lost more than five pounds.  beer

Shit man, I did the same thing. Cut out any soda or stuff like that and just wound up doing great with it. I work out and try to stay in pretty slim shape, and it was just something that was unnecessary to have in my life. I cut it out and couldn't believe how much better I felt and how much better progress I got with things. Cheers beer
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »

...the greatest album that never was...now is...

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »

Here are a bunch of leaked Super Bowl commercials;
http://superbowl.liveleak.com/

Aren`t there a few Harley Davidson ads at the SB every year
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 12:29:59 AM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

This is my marketing plan, not all acpest are included but the basic ones.

Annonce release date of cd, also the single, Some dates like Rock In Rio, only festival dates at the minute and other details that i am going too tell you, this will be reported on rock sites like Ultime Guitar etc, great promo for basically no money !

Now the promo for the single, set up a GN'R steaming site that lets people hear the new single for a limited amount of time.On the same day you close the steaming website you release the single on itunes with an extra song which could a live version or a demo.Also on the same day you make it so you can preoder the album on itunes and napster etc, if you preoder with in a week you get a extra demo that will come with your album when released.Afther 3 weeks release the single on cd with the same content but it has a 5 min docmentry about the story of the cd this is part one of a 3 part doc that will be realsed on the phyicsal product of the singles, also put a demo of the song on it as well. also a video will be made for hmv etc which comes with the itunes single for free !

During the period between the single and cd date play one or two festivals !

Arrange for very special show that will be played on cd realse date like in china. With the online cd you get some extra bouns tracks as well as that demo if you pre order the album early enough, everyone loves it  Smiley

Then annoce tour dates for 2008 and 2009 on week of cd release, so the buzz and excitment makes them want to see GN'R live !

Play festival dates during that you realse the second single with the same plan as the first one with the 2nd part doc and live tracks !

Then make realse date near christmas for physical cd, the Physical version contains different bouns tracks, also they release a boxset with a different doc about cd a longer version of it and more info, a bigish book with all the details of what the new band have done, more bouns tracks, DVD of the concert that was played on first cd Launch date, special box etc

Third Single comes out afther christmas with the same plan as the other with different live etc !

Tour the dates, book more dates.

During the tour release an tour ep containing acoutisc tracks or some of new afd to support the tour this will only be downloadble on itunes for a month then other sites are allowed to sell it !

Thats about as a far i got ! some basic ideas but i think they could work !

Thanks !

Thanks Giant Robot...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »

Announce the release date, put out a single, release album.

That should work.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »

That should work.
Damm i never thought of that  Cheesy
I dont think axl has either  Shocked someone tell him !  ok

"oh everybody, Eclipsed got a great fuckin idea. Hey! I should put out a record ! Thanks, man, what would i do without you, dude.... that's Awesome."

I wish someone would give me a quid for everytime someone says that !

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:55:48 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
ben9785
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »

No, I don't think, or see, GNR taking the conventional promotion route with this album, in terms of MTV exclusives, 'album drop' specials, 'MTV 24 hours of GNR', SNL performance or anything like that.

As someone else mentioned, they're not a 'young' 'new' band.

I can't see them releasing a traditional single, leading up to the release of an album.
Considering the state of GNR, new band lineup, and the mystery surrounding the album..
It would be more of an 'unveiling' process, whether that is facilitated through use of their website or tv commercials etc
The main reason for this I feel is because 8 members of the band are most likely unknown to the majority of the music world, so they need to be introduced. Some people might not realise that the GNR they have been seeing on tour over the last 5 or 6 years is different band members.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:03:01 PM by ben785 » Logged
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

That should work.

"oh everybody, Eclipsed got a great fuckin idea. Hey! I should put out a record ! Thanks, man, what would i do without you, dude.... that's Awesome."

I think it's funny that you use such obvious sarcasm in your post to mock a post which contained nothing but sarcasm in the first place, or was it too much for you to handle?

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »

Stick David Blaine in a glass box with a copy of CD in it but without anything to play it on, and a sony discman on the lid....... then look at the fucker squirm rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Giant_Robot
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »

That should work.

I think it's funny that you use such obvious sarcasm in your post to mock a post which contained nothing but sarcasm in the first place, or was it too much for you to handle?
Well what do you expect if someone written a post with some idea's that they think might work and all you can come up with is some no brainer scarcast post.
Ever heard of constructive criticism ?
Or is that too much FOR YOU TO HANDLE ?
Back onto topic, what about if GN'R release an ep in the same way Velvet Revolver did with Melody and the Tyranny ?
It could have 2 tracks from the album, some live tracks and a short video about cd that would be a good way to get people to buy the full album.

Thanks Giant Robot...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: