Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36593 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2007, 05:30:46 PM »

I have been travelling, I am in the UK now, Norway next week, then back to Houston after that. I am so outta touch right now.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2007, 05:33:28 PM »

I have been travelling, I am in the UK now, Norway next week, then back to Houston after that. I am so outta touch right now.

well, you didn't miss much...two new shows announced in April....in rsa...the COKEFEST...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »

It would be absolutely amazing if they did something like that, though we can't be sure they will of course.? That you have this access is amazing..can't wait to see what happens! Grin

well, the national broadcaster spends millions on importing US produced tv content, despite the fact that there is a legislation whereby they have to spend more on locally produced stuff...so them buying rights to air the footage is a possibility...especially when one of their channels was a direct partner with Universal when GH came out, so all the tv ads as well as the actual cd of GH were co-branded with this massive SABC (South African Broadcast Corporation) logo...it was quite terrible actually...but they sold a shitload...so that's all what counts...

there is also an independent music channel locally (kind of like MTV) http://www.mk89.co.za/ and they will definitelly be covering the festival....so there will be lots of edited footage and shows and reports of sorts about the show....i will be able to get my hands on that...worse case scenario, I'll just record it off the tv...

the raw footage itself i am not too sure about...but i'm enough of a gnr collector and fan to go on some serious mission to see if there is any of it hidden away somewhere....

what i would like though, is to get the opp to meet the guys...and have Axl over for dinner one night....my wife cooks a mean lamb roast...

mmmm lamb roast.

your in luck I heard Axl loves lamb.

by the way I just love the name of this festival and can't wait to hear what Axl is going to say on stage there is no way in hell he's gonna let this one slide.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »

The "My Coke Festival" should be done in Colombia instead of in SA!  rofl hihi

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2007, 06:25:30 PM »

I think gnr.com is only for US stuff.

Thanks so much theProject for the heads up! It's great to hear people love GN'R there! I know it sounds kinda dumb or whatever but I have to admit no much news from SA come right through here so it's nice we have people on this board from SA to tell us what's up. God knows I wish I could be there. Unfortunately plane tickets are too expensive for me from Paris to Johannesburg. But I know you guys will enjoy the shows and that's great! Take some pictures and everything for us!

I know U2 played in Johannesburg in 1998 I do believe. I think it was a pretty big event back then, even broadcasted on TV if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the same will happen with GN'R?

2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »

aweome news! Shocked Cheesy
way to go playing africa!
GNR back on fucking top! Grin perfect timing as usual! Cool

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2007, 06:39:11 PM »

^ Hahaha

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »

what a mean article  Sad

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »

yeah, there is NO ALBUM...

and there was no holocaust...

T.T.
?.?.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »

Pretty cool news GN'R will be performing in South Africa! It'd be so cool to see them in Africa. Especially Cape Town!

Wonder if they'll schedule a performace in Durban also while they're in South Africa? Now I think I'd just have to be there for that concert.  yes

Congrats and have a wonderful time Axl!  ok beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
elmir
VIP

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2007, 02:42:36 AM »

I know U2 played in Johannesburg in 1998 I do believe. I think it was a pretty big event back then, even broadcasted on TV if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the same will happen with GN'R?

it was massive...2 shows as well, jhb and ct, it was a delayed live broadcast (started an hour after the concert), i was there, had VIP tickets for that one, free booze and food....they brought their own staging and all the equipment...up until that point, the Stones were considered the biggest and best show in sa, but Bono quickly fixed that one....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2007, 02:48:30 AM »

Pretty cool news GN'R will be performing in South Africa! It'd be so cool to see them in Africa. Especially Cape Town!

Wonder if they'll schedule a performace in Durban also while they're in South Africa? Now I think I'd just have to be there for that concert.  yes

Congrats and have a wonderful time Axl!  ok beer

Durban wasn't announced as a show as yet....not too sure as to why...my thinking is that people there don't buy tickets until the day of the gig, so one can never gauge the performance of the sales...its a coastal city...and people living on the coast are always a bit slower to catch on...(no insult intended)...

I live in jhb, and personally am looking more forward to the cape town show, as there are less hooligans in cape town, that city is so full of European supermodels, so it should make it quite enjoyable to be there....

elmir
VIP

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2007, 04:25:04 PM »

latest rumor on the local music scene is that Izzy is coming down too.....

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

they seriously better not go on tour until that album is out

why not they already have the name of gnr who needs an album?? Just playing, cool to see a gig there.. It just seems like it's february third and we're hearing the album next month and there's not a slight bit of buzz or talk at all.. Seems like the deline has begun from whatever happened in NA..
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »

hay mike

? ? ? ? ? ? nice to see you back? beer .its great to see GNR back on the road.the album really doesnt matter that much anymore.itd just be cool to see GNR active every year.the album would jus be icing on the cake? ok

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?YES IM PISSED  hihi

actually im bladdered  rofl and dont know where i am  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 09:05:12 PM by MR W,AXL ROSE » Logged

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »

I think its great GNR will play Africa for the first time!! this is great news.  ok

Random thought: Reading this thread seems to bring out the good and bad in GNR fans.  rant Some are supporting Axl and the band and others are having a go at them. What i think is quite funny is that the same people bashing Axl now will be jumping on his dick once he goes on tour and is an instant success again. Also when the album comes out IMO people should give him the respect he's due and also respect the band for the amazing job they have done!!  rant

I see..
booker t
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2007, 01:30:56 AM »

Wonder if they'll schedule a performace in Durban also while they're in South Africa? Now I think I'd just have to be there for that concert.? yes

Congrats and have a wonderful time Axl!? ok beer

They are not doing a Durban show cos durbanites don't really support livee concerts. There are thousands of fans in durban but they just don't support the big shows. I went to Metallica in durban last year and it was awesome, but not at all fill. When Metallica played in JHB it was massive, really massive, with thousands of people, but durban was dead. That's what it's not happening there this year. Cape Town and JHB is cool enough, already got my tickets to both...

it's gonna rock!!will try get VIP and get some pics behind the scene...

hey, if izzy comes that would be awesome. Maybe slash will come back to the motherland as well...

now that's wishing!!

cheers

elmir
VIP

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2007, 02:49:13 AM »

to ensure that concert goers have the best experience, please note that the following items are prohibited at the MY COKE FEST concerts:

Prohibited items:

Cameras
Cooler boxes
Bottles
Alcohol (this will be available for purchase in the stadiums)
Weapons
All recording equipment

sure.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2007, 03:02:39 AM »

is it me or does anyone else have a constant paranoia, that Axl might get kidnapped, and taken into the jungle, and that he may never finish the album?

(dumb joke)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
elmir
VIP

« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2007, 03:06:10 AM »

is it me or does anyone else have a constant paranoia, that Axl might get kidnapped, and taken into the jungle, and that he may never finish the album?

(dumb joke)

that's central africa.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: