Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36627 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2007, 03:11:40 AM »

allow some cartoonish humor:)
I'd say the same thing even if they were to perform in egypt:)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
elmir
VIP

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2007, 06:14:47 AM »

allow some cartoonish humor:)
I'd say the same thing even if they were to perform in egypt:)

i got it...it was pretty funny.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2007, 06:21:16 AM »

I think its great GNR will play Africa for the first time!! this is great news.? ok

Random thought: Reading this thread seems to bring out the good and bad in GNR fans.? rant Some are supporting Axl and the band and others are having a go at them. What i think is quite funny is that the same people bashing Axl now will be jumping on his dick once he goes on tour and is an instant success again. Also when the album comes out IMO people should give him the respect he's due and also respect the band for the amazing job they have done!!? rant

so true, so many of these so-called "fans" are nothing but selfish bastards that are disappointed every time axl does something that doesn't include releasing the album. some fans you are... you all make me sick. i support axl and the new band in whatever they do and i'm proud to have watched them grow into the band they are today and to always have stood by their side through thick and thin. that's a real fan. whiners.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

I think its great GNR will play Africa for the first time!! this is great news.  ok

Random thought: Reading this thread seems to bring out the good and bad in GNR fans.  rant Some are supporting Axl and the band and others are having a go at them. What i think is quite funny is that the same people bashing Axl now will be jumping on his dick once he goes on tour and is an instant success again. Also when the album comes out IMO people should give him the respect he's due and also respect the band for the amazing job they have done!!  rant

so true, so many of these so-called "fans" are nothing but selfish bastards that are disappointed every time axl does something that doesn't include releasing the album. some fans you are... you all make me sick. i support axl and the new band in whatever they do and i'm proud to have watched them grow into the band they are today and to always have stood by their side through thick and thin. that's a real fan. whiners.

I would be saying the exact same thing, if only back in 2001 they said "The album isnt coming out "soon"... it's not even close to being soon.
but now, all I can say is...

it's a good thing they are touring again.
and that's about where my excitement ends. personally, I'd just like to hear them once more live.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »

anyone remember back in the day (2003-2005) when gnr wasn't doing anything at all and we were all so worried and pissed off that nothing was happening ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »

anyone remember back in the day (2003-2005) when gnr wasn't doing anything at all and we were all so worried and pissed off that nothing was happening ?

i`d even say end of 2002- beginning of 2006....  the perfect time for me to become a gnr fan hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »

This from bizcommunity.com

Not only is Sir Cliff Richard putting on a third show, on Thursday 8 March 2007, at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town, veteran rock ?n roll group Guns N? Roses is scheduled to headline the My Coke Fest, taking place in Johannesburg on 27 April and Cape Town on 1 May ? its first appearance in South Africa. ?I?ve been fortunate enough to play in some of the most historic buildings and stadiums around the world but performing in South Africa will truly be an honor,? says lead vocalist Axl Rose ?I can?t wait to see South Africa. This is a dream come true?.

[5 Feb 2007 03:44]

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

direct link

http://www.biz-community.com/Snippet/196/40/3916.html

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

So its confirmed by the MAN himself. hihi
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »

woow! Cool. I would like to get to that show!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
elmir
VIP

« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »

one of the local newspapers plastered these all over town.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »

these concerts are going to be great me thinks....

it`s a shame, that south africa is so far away. when i stayed in a small hotel in southern germany to attend a formula one race at the hockenheimring, i met some folks from south africa there. really nice people ok  they gave me some money as a little souvenir...  is it called rant?

it`s also a shame, that axl didn?t mention chinese democracy in his little address by the way hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
elmir
VIP

« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2007, 02:50:56 PM »

...  is it called rant?

South African Rand

Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »

just wanna take this brief moment and welcoming GN'R back on the road! beer

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »

I just wanted to say I think it's fantastic that GNR will be playing in SA.

Hopefully they will hit some more places they have never been this year.

Just reading these boards I have come across fans for decades that have never been able to see the band and I just think it's great that they are noticing and starting to play at these places! 

I can't wait to read you guys review of the shows! beer
guns_n_motley
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »

Not only is Sir Cliff Richard putting on a third show, on Thursday 8 March 2007, at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town, veteran rock ?n roll group Guns N? Roses is scheduled to headline the My Coke Fest, taking place in Johannesburg on 27 April and Cape Town on 1 May ? its first appearance in South Africa. "I?ve been fortunate enough to play in some of the most historic buildings and stadiums around the world but performing in South Africa will truly be an honor," says lead vocalist Axl Rose "I can?t wait to see South Africa. This is a dream come true".

Source(s): http://www.biz-community.com/
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:58 PM »

Well it seems like good timing if the date is still real ...

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »

Not only is Sir Cliff Richard putting on a third show, on Thursday 8 March 2007, at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town, veteran rock ?n roll group Guns N? Roses is scheduled to headline the My Coke Fest, taking place in Johannesburg on 27 April and Cape Town on 1 May ? its first appearance in South Africa. "I?ve been fortunate enough to play in some of the most historic buildings and stadiums around the world but performing in South Africa will truly be an honor," says lead vocalist Axl Rose "I can?t wait to see South Africa. This is a dream come true".

Source(s): http://www.biz-community.com/

Didnt Axl say something like, "The next time you hear from us it'll be about the release date?"  crying
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2007, 10:45:01 PM »

He meant an official GnR' statement.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2007, 10:50:18 PM »

He meant an official GnR' statement.

At this point thats not good enough  Undecided