Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36407 times)
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 12:45:50 PM »

why are all of you assuming this is a negative thing?  it could mean arrangements for the album have been made and a release date is scheduled, so they're starting to book shows.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »

why are all of you assuming this is a negative thing?? it could mean arrangements for the album have been made and a release date is scheduled, so they're starting to book shows.

Because "touring" has always been an excuse as to why the album isn't finished, and the finishing touches will be made after the tour.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2007, 01:40:29 PM »

Great  Undecided More concert dates, and no mention of any release.  I like to think that if they are planning dates, then we will hear something very soon (within a couple of weeks).  But this is just some random person's guess from one side of the world.  If they don't announce a release date before they start playing live again, it will be "laughable". 

And yes I know, people will say "it's good that there doing something", or "they can do whatever they want", or "CD will come out when it is ready", and this is true.  But for God's sake, when is enough, enough?    How many shows can you do just off your name? 

I think someone should realize that perfectionism is turning them into the laughing stock of music.  When Axl releases this album, it could very well and probable will change that, but it's absolutely unbelievable to me how long this thing is taking! It sounds to me like the album gets finished and then he always goes back in to change things.  If this is the scenerio, do you think somebody like that could ever be satisfied?  I mean shit, it's taken about what, 10 years?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DemocracyRose
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

Well, things seems to go in the right direction...

Now when GNR are planning concerts, its very likely that CD will be out in a few months...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:22:23 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »

have they ever played there before??

don't think so, but not sure

Like peeing clouds!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »

I've always stated the theory of Axl not releasing the album until he tours the entire world...I guess my theory was right.  DAMN!!! QUIT TOURING & PUT OUT THE ALBUM!!!!!!!
It's the "I can't afford to finish the damn album and I need another Ferrari Anyway" Would Tour.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2007, 02:08:45 PM »

have they ever played there before??

don't think so, but not sure

no, they never did.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »

I've always stated the theory of Axl not releasing the album until he tours the entire world...I guess my theory was right.  DAMN!!! QUIT TOURING & PUT OUT THE ALBUM!!!!!!!
It's the "I can't afford to finish the damn album and I need another Ferrari Anyway" Would Tour.

I don't think there's any reason to expect that they will tour the world before it's released.  Concerts have to be planned months in advance.  The fact that they've committed to something in April or May doesn't mean they won't have a firm release date anytime soon.  I take it as good news.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »

I don't think there's any reason to expect that they will tour the world before it's released.  Concerts have to be planned months in advance.  The fact that they've committed to something in April or May doesn't mean they won't have a firm release date anytime soon.  I take it as good news.

exactly.

i truly don't see these shows as indication of a tour of any sorts.
its a once off performance in a new market for a good wad of cash...because Coke has it....simple as that....view it as a corporate gig...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »

I doubt this is another exscuse to postpone the release of CD. ?I say that only because they cancelled 4 dates in Jan. to supposely finish the album so they could promote it and release it by March 6th. ?Why would they go back out on tour before it's released? Wouldn't make any sense. ?But then again, it wouldn't be too suprsising if they fucked themselves over once again.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2007, 02:19:38 PM »

If youre from South Africa this is good news

If you like tours a lot this is good news

If you are sick of tours without an album this is a bad thing.

This will just provide another ?excuse for an album delay and im guessing, if this is true, we wont get CD until late 2007.

Also people who bring up the cancelled dates in January, thats hardly the first time GNR has ended a tour short and people have made citings of Axl all over the country, if he really had to cancel those dates then I think the entire band would be shelled up in a studio.  Axl obviously cannot record on tour.  If he just wants to tour and party and not release an album thats cool but stop saying its coming out.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2007, 02:34:18 PM »

The reason the rest of the band doesn't need to be there is because the only thing left to finish are the vocals.? That's what I'm assuming anyways.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2007, 02:57:35 PM »

According to Axl, GnR' cancelled their shows in January to complete the record. This implies that when they do start to do shows the album will be done.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »

Crap, they are playing a concert again without an album out
Crap, they only gave a tenatrive date.
Crap, they always play the same setlist
Crap, they play too many solos
Crap, there isn't gonna be a reunion,
Crap, Izzy is playing with GNR
Crap, Izzy is not always playing with GNR

...and it goes on and on.

My point is be thankful we have a GNR out there playing shows. People obsess and complain too much when their personal expectations are not met.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »

The reason the rest of the band doesn't need to be there is because the only thing left to finish are the vocals.  That's what I'm assuming anyways.

Well Ron's interview on the podcast is from last Saturday and he said that he has been in the studio since the end of the tour and that the album is finally done. So whenever Ron was at the Gibson showroom, he was there to get a a couple guitars to finish his tracks.  Also, we know that Axl has been in the studio through out January and that he's been working on the record. So obviously shit is getting done. The fact that they are starting to book shows is a good sign, not a bad one.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

Something is obviously happening soon....Dizzy plays with the Starfuckers all the time in LA, but says tongiht is his last show with them for awhile, so he;s obviously got other plans to attened too, most likely Gn'R related, here is his exact message...

"My Last Nite w/ Starfuckerz 4 A While!!!!! 2nite!! Catclub!!"
"The rock will continue while I'm gone, but come out 2nite so I can show YOU I care. It will be the party of the YEAR!! And I love to drink Jager with my friends and THAT MEANS YOU!! Man I can't wait, I think I'm gonna head down there right now and get ready!! C U 2nite! Catclub on Sunset Blvd. Yyyyyyyeeeeessssss!!!! Oh and if you are"in town for the super bowl" you're on the wrong coast you fuckin moron, so go back to the overseas brothel from which you were spawned and watch "soccer". Rock on..........."

Axl is God.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »

overseas brothel from which you were spawned and watch "soccer". Rock on..........."

wonder how Dizzy feels about David Beckham signing for LA Galaxy...?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

If you are sick of tours without an album this is a bad thing.

Let me ask you something since you seem to know what's gonna happen in the world of GN'R.

If they really want to tour without an album out, why haven't they announced a full tour taking place in February and March?

Is it possible that these rumored dates are planned to happen after the album's release?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2007, 03:37:46 PM »

exactly.
this is a once off performance guys....you can view it in the same light as those Hammerstein shows, kind of like a warm up for a full blown European Summer Tour...

this show is not an indication of anything.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

Africa and Brazil.... Im an American and it may sound bad to say but we dont care about Africa or Brazil

people like you are the reason for the great reputation the USA have earned in the world ok

no

i'm american and agree with you... I think its good to preform in places like this... gets the band some world wide exposure, and cash for promos and such!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: