Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  * Hiroshima: Pictures they Didn't want us to see
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * Hiroshima: Pictures they Didn't want us to see  (Read 21821 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »

The pictures show a harsh warning for the future should the current political climate not change. The Hiroshima bomb whilst being absolutely devestating is tiny compared to Nuclear warheads from within the UK, USA, Russia, China, Korea etc.

On a side note, to the American posters, (USA being a country I love, visit 3/4 times a yr) The USA didn't win WW2 on it's own. The British soldiers and other allies played a huge part. Go forward 60 years to Iraq, you hear the American posters, "we kicked Iraq's ass" etc..? ?It's the British soldiers that are in the shit storm there, stationed in the worst area's. Give your Allies the respect they deserve...PLEASE

who wasn't giving them respect?? i mentioned in a previous post how casulties for both US AND british troops would have been high if the war in the pacific had continued.? The war in the pacific was largely fought by the US though...

60 years from now i doubt ANYONE will be saying the US kicked any ass at all in Iraq.? we'll probably not want to talk about it at all to be honest.? it'll be a black mark on our history for decades to come.? its a disgrace.

I agree 100% with your 60 year comment.? It will be looked at along the lines of veitnam.

I was referring to 60 yrs from WW2. Although the way it was interpreted gives an equal statement of fact.

Keep em under your wheels.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »

aslong as people dont repeat the attitudes to the soldiers they gave to the ones from vietnam.

html sucks
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

aslong as people dont repeat the attitudes to the soldiers they gave to the ones from vietnam.

Unfortunetly, I think our solders feel they have been abanoned already by our leaders and regardless of what people think, they are doing a job they were sent to do and when the people do not support that job it makes them feel like they are not supported.

You can not train a solder to hunt, kill, defend, attack and then send them into Iraq and tell them stand here and look good, remember the terms of engagement, while some dumb fucking terrorist drives by in a car, stops at a light and has his passenger who sits in the back seat with a front seat being a shooting bench for him to sniper our guys. The solder slumps over as traffic then moves again and drives off. You can not fight a war like that.

It is time to leave the country or cleanse the area, take that how ever any of you want to take it. I have seen way to many videos of our guys dieng by a road side bomb or some sniper in a car.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 12:24:30 PM »

especially when a certain country cannot seem to be able to supply our troops with necessary, current and essential military weapons, clothing and  equipment.  But its fine to plunge ahead with the Olympics budget (spiralling out of control) and waste money on ridiculous government schemes.

I dont support the war - but seeing as we are in the thick of it - I do support our soldiers that are there - and despise the fact that some are dying due to incompetancy from the MoD.

It is a very interesting point to think how this will be looked back on in another 50 years or so - lets only hope that learning comes of mistakes....
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 12:32:24 PM »

Well.
where can i begin ... here.

I guess i'll let you guys re-read what you wrote.

It goes from a calm, wise, polite writing of "these japanese soldiers were savages ", and " i'm sorry, we had to do it ... "
Very dramatic effect, The deep voice, the wise eyes.

To anger and wrath " NOPE !! IT IS NOT THE SAME THING !! "
- notice the use or caps, zman.

Terror-act ? are you sure it's not a war? Why can't it be a war?
So there are *rules* in war? Really ?

You must love these discussion where you're own point of view disagrees with the others.

Terrorism isn't a war, search wikipedia or something if you don't believe. That's why it's called terrorism. Or did you hear any declaration of war before the towers?

If you want more point of views go ask someone who has actually been in a war so maybe you can figure that one out.

As for the japanese being savages, just think how far or low would you go when defending your fatherland? And how much would your morals drop?

As far as the pics go; what are you trying to say?
If you do a search on WW2 or something, do you think the pics would turn out any less horrid?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

your last post is so full of hypocrisy, its just laughable.? you say you want to talk about the bomb and Iran, so whats that got to do with 9-11?!?!?!?
Who has said anything cold hearted about japanese civilians?? I didn't read anything like "those jap bastards got two nukes to the head".?
re read. > " apanese soldiers where savage animals " ... ?i read jap soldiers, therefore japs.

YOU are the only one calling people a "fool", the one making emotionally triggering statements and then you have the nerve to tell them not to get angry.? Get off your high horse.
I'm just reflecting the usual method some person use. It shows how awful it is. Thanks.

you want an intelligent discussion but you are incapable of doing so.? your rambling rant is all over the place with no coherent meaning, just a lot of american bashing and 9-11 talk.? If I need to tell you that 9-11 was about 5 years ago, and hiroshima/nagasaki were over 50 years ago (when none of us were even alive i'd imagine) and you can't see the difference between discussing the two in terms of emotion, then you're a bigger idiot then I ever thought possible!!!? sheesh!? confused
Actually not. It has a lot to do.
the 911 compareason is about how you handle crisis.
the Iran issue is on the bomb and its meaning / deterrence.

show some common sense and some respect for gods sake.? i dont mind you talking about 9-11 or other recent events, but you can do so with some respect.
I totally respect these people and these events. I was simply showing how a way of thinking that can be outrageous is usually used by the ones saying that it is outrageous.
Do i need to collect the hudreds of harsh comments on the ennemy of the united states?

So yeah we can calm down.
You are pointing the fact that you can analyze a fact 50 years from now. And see Iraq as a failure.
But, you see Hiroshima as a succees and something that had to be done. Yes?
And your main argument is that if it didnt happen, it would have been worse.
You dont know that. Nothing can prove it. Analysis have proved it right, and prove it wrong. We dont know.

If you had carpet bombes iraq and killed all the civilians and spared many americans soldiers live, you would have call it a success?

Hiroshima was a mistake
Ethically : i dont need to explain on that thing. Any educated person will agree.
Strategically : on the long term. It created tensions in the world.
And, worst for you, is that it took the Bomb to a level where it shouldnt be : a normal weapon.

History does not stop. The USA used the bomb. What would refrain some crazy country to use it now?

It is in important point here.
Reading what some here write emphazise it. USA think the bomb is a normal weapon.
I need to save lives. I can do it with the bomb. I do it. This is a stupid way to think.
It only cost 300k civilians lives then.
Nowadays it could cost a continent.

Again, i personnaly feel that you guys have it this way
an act of violence from the USA : is an act of war
an act of violence from an ennemy : is an outrageaous savage thing
am i right or am i right?
 Tongue

So no need to get angry.
No need to call names.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 12:49:32 PM »

You must love these discussion where you're own point of view disagrees with the others.
Only happens here or in america  Grin

Terrorism isn't a war, search wikipedia or something if you don't believe. That's why it's called terrorism. Or did you hear any declaration of war before the towers?
oh man, we wish it would be that easy. Reap up bush's speeches, he thinks like you.

If you want more point of views go ask someone who has actually been in a war so maybe you can figure that one out.
Of what? how war sucks?
War is an option.
It is needed sometimes.
It, nevertheless, the worst case scenario and usually have HUGE impact on the future.
I'm sorry to break your heart, but a bomb does not end anything.
Just like punches rarely ends a fights. Ask lawyers.

As for the japanese being savages, just think how far or low would you go when defending your fatherland? And how much would your morals drop?
Works for the americans too or just japanese?

As far as the pics go; what are you trying to say?
If you do a search on WW2 or something, do you think the pics would turn out any less horrid?
i know, it wasnt the point, i just tripped on the site that's all. these talks are the point.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »

Of course this turns into an Iraq debate anti USA thread.

If people remember their history, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. They were the aggressors who started it.

War is not civil and not pretty.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 01:44:50 PM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Annie
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 01:36:11 PM »

I visited Hiroshima back in 1990. It was deeply emotional experience that made me cry. The thing that overwhelmed me the most was the extraordinary amount of love that I felt from the Japanese people in the Peace Park for having the courage to go there. Alot of people were taking my picture and a little Japanese boy and I rang the peace bell together. I saw all of these pictures and they said that nothing would grow in Hiroshima for 50 years. As I walked around the city I had this huge epiphany that since this city had been rebuilt, God's power to rebuild a burned out city is greater than man's ability to destroy the Earth. if you ever see the Atomic Dome, the metal skeleton will be etched in your memory forever.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »

http://fogonazos.blogspot.com/2007/02/hiroshima-pictures-they-didnt-want-us_05.html

attention Graphic imagery.

Please do NOT try to justify the bomb with your classical " it ended the war, it could have been worse " - there are too many recent exemples in international crisis involving the usa that just blow that escuse away.

PEACE

Give me a break wat-ever....above is your original post.  What in the world does any of that have to do with Iran/9-11. NOTHING.  you posted graphic, emotional pictures to get a rise out of people so you could have a platform to bash America, just like you always do.

grow up.

"recent exemples in international crisis involving the usa" - HAHAHA like what?  when/where have we threated to nuke anyone!??!?!

if anything, we are trying to STOP terrorist supporting nations from getting the nukes you despise so much in the first place!   You don't make any sense....as usual.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 01:49:25 PM »

http://fogonazos.blogspot.com/2007/02/hiroshima-pictures-they-didnt-want-us_05.html

Please do NOT try to justify the bomb with your classical " it ended the war, it could have been worse " - there are too many recent exemples in international crisis involving the usa that just blow that escuse away.

PEACE

Give me a break wat-ever....above is your original post.  What in the world does any of that have to do with Iran/9-11. NOTHING.  you posted graphic, emotional pictures to get a rise out of people so you could have a platform to bash America, just like you always do.

grow up.

"recent exemples in international crisis involving the usa" - HAHAHA like what?  when/where have we threated to nuke anyone!??!?!

if anything, we are trying to STOP terrorist supporting nations from getting the nukes you despise so much in the first place!   You don't make any sense....as usual.

How do you want me to discuss with you if you say " you don't make any sense".
I can't. It would easy for me to say the same thing.
But no. I try to understand
You point out arguments in favor of the bomb. How it can solve a crisis. i Disagree.
i refer to many recent events that shows how such method do not help, but make things worse.

I wanna discuss iran and the bomb as it is linked (the bomb, the meaning of it, the use of it). You want to remove any link.
Of course it is easy to suppress links between issues because it makes them easier to understand
It makes them black or white.
Of course it's easier to tell the other person he makes no sense. It helps you protect your point of view from relativising.

The way you answered my other threads, shows that it serves you to see me as " anti semitic terrorist who makes no sense" because it protects your point of view. i understand that.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »

good point HannaHat.  ok

Countries like Iran are more likely to use nukes or sell them/give them to a 3rd party who would use them VS long established nuclear powers.

Countries such as the USA, China and Russia could not realistically use a nuclear weapon now. Too much repercussions to consider should their populations even allow their government to use them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »

But does a country has the right to protect itself againts a nuclear armed neighbor? I ask.

Iran should NOT have nukes. Military process there should be forbiden.
nevertheles. the region (if not the world) needs to be cleaned up from nukes. There are several coutries who has some.

I would like to understand how countries like China, Russia or USA are an example of self tempered countries ? please tell me.
The fact that you put these countries in the same bag is amusing.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »

PEACE

does anybody else see the irony of a 23 year old from FRANCE telling us about military strategy?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 02:06:36 PM »

PEACE

does anybody else see the irony of a 23 year old from FRANCE telling us about military strategy?

Thank you. You can leave now Wink

zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »

PEACE

That is why i stopped posting it is one sided ..................his.

Wow france  didn't the USA liberate france.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »

PEACE

why because I am right?  France is the LAST...let me say that again the LAST country on EARTH that should be giving out military advice....your country is the most ungrateful country on this planet after all the United States has done for you....it makes me sick...but then again it totally reinforces every single bad thing I hear about Chirac and the rest of your country when I read the garbage you have been posting on this board.....you have absolutely ZERO knowledge about World War 2 and your first post is a perfect example of it....why dont you guys just stick to dropping your guns and waiting for America to solve all your problems....
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »

PEACE

why because I am right?  France is the LAST...let me say that again the LAST country on EARTH that should be giving out military advice....your country is the most ungrateful country on this planet after all the United States has done for you....it makes me sick...but then again it totally reinforces every single bad thing I hear about Chirac and the rest of your country when I read the garbage you have been posting on this board.....you have absolutely ZERO knowledge about World War 2 and your first post is a perfect example of it....why dont you guys just stick to dropping your guns and waiting for America to solve all your problems....

Yes you right. France sucks.
Can you go now?

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »

PEACE

why because I am right?? France is the LAST...let me say that again the LAST country on EARTH that should be giving out military advice....your country is the most ungrateful country on this planet after all the United States has done for you....it makes me sick...but then again it totally reinforces every single bad thing I hear about Chirac and the rest of your country when I read the garbage you have been posting on this board.....you have absolutely ZERO knowledge about World War 2 and your first post is a perfect example of it....why dont you guys just stick to dropping your guns and waiting for America to solve all your problems....

Can you go now?

hmm I see you guys post just like you fight wars...tell me how did the Germans respond to "Ok you have invaded and conquered us, can you go now?"
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 02:30:49 PM »

PEACE

why because I am right?? France is the LAST...let me say that again the LAST country on EARTH that should be giving out military advice....your country is the most ungrateful country on this planet after all the United States has done for you....it makes me sick...but then again it totally reinforces every single bad thing I hear about Chirac and the rest of your country when I read the garbage you have been posting on this board.....you have absolutely ZERO knowledge about World War 2 and your first post is a perfect example of it....why dont you guys just stick to dropping your guns and waiting for America to solve all your problems....

Can you go now?

hmm I see you guys post just like you fight wars...tell me how did the Germans respond to "Ok you have invaded and conquered us, can you go now?"

Can we go back on the subject of the use of a nuclear bomb?
and the methods that can be used to resolve regional crisis?

ps: wal-mart is open! go !

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: