Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:57:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  * Hiroshima: Pictures they Didn't want us to see
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: * Hiroshima: Pictures they Didn't want us to see  (Read 21823 times)
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »

i said we should learn from that not rub it off our shoulders.

and i should understand why you did it? what could excuse erasing off the face of the world two entire cities? it happened and whatever people say now they can't make it right. what good does it do pointing fingers now after 60 years? make people feel better for having an excuse (for americans) or something to rub in americas face (for anti-americans)?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2007, 11:01:21 AM »

I went to the Pearl Harbor memorial about 3 or 4 years ago and there were more japs there than americans and they were the rudist fucks you'd ever see. You'd start to look at something like in a display and they'd push you out of the way. Then if you tried to get your spot back they'd just stare at you with there beady little eyes. They were rude as hell

So do i think it was wrong to do that Hell No. If it was me there whole country would be gone course i wasn't born yet and FDR was in the hot seet so that was his choice and i stand by it 100% even though i wasn't born untill the 90s.

so you would exterminate the whole nation because you didn't like some of them? nice open racism. ok

It's not the bomb victims who maltreated captured solders.
As not every American was to blame for the bomb, not every Japanese was to blame for the pearl harbour.

the most of the victims of Hiroshima were civilians that had no say in the war. They didn't have the vote. they were just trying to save their asses by abiding by their military regime. Their fault, if anything, was that they were there then. And that they were the weak.
I'm not talking about the country. I'm talking about the people.

What if you were one of them? Would the bombing still right and proper?

It never should happen to any populace of any country.
But judging from some comments here, it may well happen again unfortunately. Cruelty rules this world.

@ Annie, you're brave. Even the pics of massacre scare the shit out of me. gruesome. So are many posts in this thread.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »

Thank you!!! I was gonna post the same thing, but yours is far more informative than anything I could have ever said.

Also, let's not pretend the US won WW2. Many other countries contributed just as much, if not more to WW2.

not to take away from the efforts of the US allies, but when it  comes to the war in the Pacific, the US was the country that pretty much won that part of the war.  iwo-jima, the fire bombing of cities and the two nukes were huge parts of ending the war.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:49:58 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »

Watever, you are not telling the whole story.  The Japanese offered to surrender before the bombs...but it was not unconditional surrender.  What was required was an unconditional surrender, and the A-bombs brought just that. 

Yeah, and do you know what was the one condition the Japanese were hung up on?

They wanted to keep their Emperor, even if he was just a figurehead with little to no power, like the British crown.  The Emperor is held with a VERY high regard, almost a godlike status, in Japan.  Keeping the Emperor, even just as a powerless figure, meant a lot to them, and it's because of something is trivial as that that kept the surrender from being what the US wanted.

There was no need for either bomb to be dropped.

And HH is right, the Pacific theatre was at least 95% US, while Europe was much more evenly distributed among the allies.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »

Watever, you are not telling the whole story.  The Japanese offered to surrender before the bombs...but it was not unconditional surrender.  What was required was an unconditional surrender, and the A-bombs brought just that. 

Yeah, and do you know what was the one condition the Japanese were hung up on?

They wanted to keep their Emperor, even if he was just a figurehead with little to no power, like the British crown.  The Emperor is held with a VERY high regard, almost a godlike status, in Japan.  Keeping the Emperor, even just as a powerless figure, meant a lot to them, and it's because of something is trivial as that that kept the surrender from being what the US wanted.

There was no need for either bomb to be dropped.

And HH is right, the Pacific theatre was at least 95% US, while Europe was much more evenly distributed among the allies.

You're right, the bomb wasn't necessary....in a round about way....

I think its odd that people focus on the bomb so much - the firebomb campaign was even MORE devastating then the nukes were.  If the US never dropped the bombs the Japanese were likely to surrender soon as the firebomb campaign was wiping out cities and killing hundreds of thousands. 

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »

shit those images are really powerful, and to think that those bombs werent even half as powerful as the Tsar Bomb (or any nuclear weapon that can be made today)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »

so you would exterminate the whole nation because you didn't like some of them?

no my point that i was trying to make is that if they had the same technology as we did they would have done it to us.

nice open racism.

Thank you ok Roll Eyes

ya know what they call us? Wide eyed mother fuckers (or something like that). Its true i got friends that are japs he's a foreign exchange student, he told me.

the most of the victims of Hiroshima were civilians that had no say in the war.

hey shit like that happens when your communist Smiley

What if you were one of them? Would the bombing still right and proper?

first off i wasn't even born then, secondly, its the right of any country, in my opinion, to defend them selves at any means necessary if they are being threatened.

It never should happen to any populace of any country.

there is an old saying that gose "if you mess with the bull you'll get the horns". The Japs messed with the bull (America) and they got the horns (the A-bomb).

you got any other question for me you just come right on back Wink

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
VIP

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »

I agree on everything except the communist part and the japanese antiamerican style
the japs were heavy fascists during the war

And if any country would start hostilities against mine, I would be ultraracist against that country in 2 seconds
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:40:08 PM by Rubber Bullets » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »

no my point that i was trying to make is that if they had the same technology as we did they would have done it to us.

nice open racism.

Thank you ok Roll Eyes

ya know what they call us? Wide eyed mother fuckers (or something like that). Its true i got friends that are japs he's a foreign exchange student, he told me.

wow, really!?! So ONE person in a nation of millions called us americans a wide eyed mother fucker.....wow.  EVERY Japanese person MUST be racist then!!!!

Roll Eyes

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2007, 08:39:18 PM »

I agree on everything except the communist part.

And if any country would start hostilities against mine, I would be ultraracist against that country in 2 seconds

um, dude......newsflash, WW2 was abou 60 years ago.

and how can you be ultra racist towards a country!?!??!

some of you are giving plenty of ammunition for all the anti-american posters out there.  And we wonder why people think Americans are narrow minded and retarded.

VIP

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2007, 08:47:56 PM »

I agree on everything except the communist part.

um, dude......newsflash, WW2 was abou 60 years ago.

and how can you be ultra racist towards a country!?!??!

some of you are giving plenty of ammunition for all the anti-american posters out there.  And we wonder why people think Americans are narrow minded and retarded.
I am aware of the fact that ww2 was 60 years ago,

How? Lets say If Country B declares war/invades my Country A, I would want everything in Country B destroyed.

But you would probably mean its ok to invade a country, taking control over your government etc etc?
Bombing and spreading shit around?
I understand the people in Iraq, but I am no antiamerican.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2007, 09:22:46 PM »

nice open racism.

Thank you ok Roll Eyes

wow, really!?! So ONE person in a nation of millions called us americans a wide eyed mother fucker.....wow.? EVERY Japanese person MUST be racist then!!!!

Roll Eyes

i'm not saying that every one is a full on KKK racist but everyone is just a little racist dosen't matter on who but deep down inside every one is just a littel. If you watch a comedian on TV and you laugh at a joke directed at a certain stereotype or race that is being racist. If you have ever made fun of some one then you were being racist towards them, who ever or what ever race they were, they could have been the same race as you are, it dosen't matter.

The point is is that we as people are to uptight about shit like this that happened 60 years ago. We all need to chill out and let the past be the past and learn from what happened then and use that knowledge for the future. Whats life if you can't laugh at some one and then them turning around and laughing at you? Not much.

now i'm sure you'll turn my words around so that i seem like a racist but remember that i am just a little. Wink and so are you ....but just a little as well.

i'm seriously not trying to piss any one off. the reason of a bored like this is so that people can voice there opinions. I'm posting mine your posting your, its all good Smiley

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »

Nice try, but your initial post was well racist.  *SMITE*

This thread's going nowhere.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: