Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  finck: not the studio guy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: finck: not the studio guy?  (Read 20990 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »

If I had to pick my favorite of the new lineup, I'd have to say Izzy !    peace

Hello? He's not in the band...

I guess you knew it and you're only testing to see how long before we kick your reunion ass out of here.

/jarmo

Izzy is very cool.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »

Hooray!

Thanks for telling us.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »

That's a good point you make. People are so willing to accept the nonsensical idea of there being "two official drummers in GN'R because they said so" which is like telling a child Santa Claus is real, yet accepting that Izzy has played numerous shows with them and is strongly rumored to have contributed something to the new album is just...beyond impossible.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 04:36:03 PM »

It's not strongly rumoured, people just started speculating about it after he played a few songs at a bunch of shows.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays?  Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too.  Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member? 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »

Something tells me Adz is digging the whole Izzy in the band theory.    yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 04:44:01 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays?? Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too.? Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member??

PhillyRiot,

I haven't seen you since Jarmo told you to get over the riot.? ? hihi

That's my point, if you accept Ferrar as a member, Izzy shouldn't be much of a stretch.? ?ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 04:48:17 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays?  Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too.  Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member? 

PhillyRiot,

I haven't seen you since Jarmo told you to get over the riot.    hihi

That's my point, if you accept Ferrar as a member, Izzy shouldn't be much of a stretch.   ok

well.....  it`s quite obvious, that neither izzy, nor the current members of gnr (axl....) think izzy is a member of gnr.

frank played half of the european tour and the entire north american tour. izzy played some songs in like 20 shows...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 04:51:36 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays?? Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too.? Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member??

PhillyRiot,

I haven't seen you since Jarmo told you to get over the riot.? ? hihi

That's my point, if you accept Ferrar as a member, Izzy shouldn't be much of a stretch.? ?ok

well.....? it`s quite obvious, that neither izzy, nor the current members of gnr (axl....) think izzy is a member of gnr.

frank played half of the european tour and the entire north american tour. izzy played some songs in like 20 shows...

Really? Have you heard the band say that Izzy is not a member ?   no

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays? ?Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too. ?Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member? ?

PhillyRiot,

I haven't seen you since Jarmo told you to get over the riot. ? ?hihi

That's my point, if you accept Ferrar as a member, Izzy shouldn't be much of a stretch. ? ok

well..... ?it`s quite obvious, that neither izzy, nor the current members of gnr (axl....) think izzy is a member of gnr.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »

Not to take this too much more off topic, but what constitutes a being a member of GNR nowadays? ?Is Frank Ferrer is considered a member, I say Izzy may be too. ?Do you have to have a recording on Chinese Democracy to be a member? ?

PhillyRiot,

I haven't seen you since Jarmo told you to get over the riot. ? ?hihi

That's my point, if you accept Ferrar as a member, Izzy shouldn't be much of a stretch. ? ok

well..... ?it`s quite obvious, that neither izzy, nor the current members of gnr (axl....) think izzy is a member of gnr.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Yes. Exactly.   yes

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 04:58:16 PM »

It's not strongly rumoured, people just started speculating about it after he played a few songs at a bunch of shows.

IIRC, the rumors started after Izzy stated that he'd been doing some writing with Axl.

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »

True, Finck has never recorded a full studio album. Its just never happened. He has done some work with NIN, and on some GNR tracks like SCOM and Oh My God (he denied being on oh my god, but axl says he's on the track). He also did work for the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack.

I don't think his lack of studio recorded and? released work? is a weakness, he's spent the better part of a decade working on CD.

i never wanted to say that it's a weakness.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »

Didn't Finck contribute to the Impotent Sea Snakes debut cd? I thought i had heard that somewhere.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 05:21:50 PM »

True, Finck has never recorded a full studio album. Its just never happened. He has done some work with NIN, and on some GNR tracks like SCOM and Oh My God (he denied being on oh my god, but axl says he's on the track). He also did work for the Ghosts of Mars soundtrack.

I don't think his lack of studio recorded and  released work  is a weakness, he's spent the better part of a decade working on CD.

i never wanted to say that it's a weakness.

yeah, i realize that, i was just trying to say he does have experience in the studio  ok

Didn't Finck contribute to the Impotent Sea Snakes debut cd? I thought i had heard that somewhere.

thats an interesting point you bring up, I'll have to look into it
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 05:44:55 PM »

Is Sebastian Bach part of GN'R too then?

Izzy is cool, it was nice seeing him join GN'R onstage for a few numbers across Europe last summer.

That doesn't make him a band member.

Izzy is very cool.

Now you're just being an ass.

Great job.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:46:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »

Izzy is cool, it was nice seeing him join GN'R onstage for a few numbers across Europe last summer.

That doesn't make him a band member.

Izzy is very cool.

Now you're just being an ass.

Great job.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo, you know you're streatching the point there.

I have to agree with the point someonne made about two drummers in gnr and there being a santa clause too.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »

/jarmo

That is completely different. Sebastian Bach was not an original band member. Sebastian Bach did not write half the lyrics for Appetitte and the Illusions. Sebastian Bach had nothing to do with the way the band imploded back in the day. Izzy had ALOT to do with it.

I'm sure you saw the way that the crowd reacted when Izzy was announced at the shows last year.  If not, youtube shows it.

I think its fair to say that the majority of fans view Izzy as a band member in some way.  If youtube and the fans on this forum isn't proof then I don't know what is.

Before you even say it, this has absolutely nothing to do with a reunion. I can still see Izzy as much of a part of today's lineup than as the past.   ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »

My God. The crowd or fans don't decide who's in the band.

If you think Izzy is as big part of the band as he was up until 1991, then I think you're wrong.

I think the majority of fans view Izzy as a former band member who did some guest spots here and there because he likes to play with the band and he got in touch with Axl again after all these years.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:30:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »

/jarmo

That is completely different. Sebastian Bach was not an original band member. Sebastian Bach did not write half the lyrics for Appetitte and the Illusions. Sebastian Bach had nothing to do with the way the band imploded back in the day. Izzy had ALOT to do with it.

I'm sure you saw the way that the crowd reacted when Izzy was announced at the shows last year.? If not, youtube shows it.

I think its fair to say that the majority of fans view Izzy as a band member in some way.? If youtube and the fans on this forum isn't proof then I don't know what is.

Before you even say it, this has absolutely nothing to do with a reunion. I can still see Izzy as much of a part of today's lineup than as the past.? ?ok

and i was so naive to think we could be talking about robin...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: