Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 187493 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 09:15:44 PM »

i think my phils will make a nice run at a playoff spot. they've been within a game or two the last couple years, so i'm hoping they get over the hump.

i think they may have the best starting pitching in the NL. major hole in the bullpen though with a good (not great) closer and no quality set up man. and they have no one to protect howard, which really hurts. they'll start off giving burrell that role, but i've given up on him. he's a stiff. a waste. hopefully he proves me wrong and turns it around.

overall i'm really excited about the season. most philly fans have high hopes heading into the season.

Go Phils!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »

i think my phils will make a nice run at a playoff spot. they've been within a game or two the last couple years, so i'm hoping they get over the hump.

i think they may have the best starting pitching in the NL. major hole in the bullpen though with a good (not great) closer and no quality set up man. and they have no one to protect howard, which really hurts. they'll start off giving burrell that role, but i've given up on him. he's a stiff. a waste. hopefully he proves me wrong and turns it around.

overall i'm really excited about the season. most philly fans have high hopes heading into the season.

Go Phils!!!
I agree about Burrell.  I've had him on my fantasy teams a couple times.  I had him when he had his career year, so that was good.  Then I think I took him the next year and begrudingly held onto him while he struggled.  Last year I think I had him and dropped him.  He's a classic 1980's slugger.  Gets you 30+ homers with a .250ish average and lots and lots of K's.  Utley/Howard/Rollins is a great trio to build around though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Misfits 138
Headliner

who came along for the ride???

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »

im gonna go with my cubs to at least clinch the division. i do have faith in a world series, unfortunatly the cubs are good at inventing ways to loose so i will just be satisfied with a division clinch, i mean there off season moves have been amazing, and soriano is a great signing...just imaging the lineup of soriano, ramierez, and lee...i think we have some good power in the line up, and if matt murton playes more then i will be happy. plus, with sweet lou as the manager i like our chances this year, plus the pitching staff looks to be pretty good this year, and Zambrano is gonna be on fire this year. i see good things for my cubs, i also hope that Sammy Sosa does good this year in the rangers, and i hope he at least gets to 600 homeres all time this season.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

I predict the Royals' Alex Gordon will be rookie of the year and the Royals will be at or just above  .500. Now that is going out on a limb.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »

I predict the Royals' Alex Gordon will be rookie of the year and the Royals will be at or just above? .500. Now that is going out on a limb.

Let me say I am a diehard white sox fan....   the royals will be lucky to finish with 70 wins this year even though they have improved based on the central division... the best in baseball (IMO) 

Cleveland is going to be the surprise team this year as was detroit last year... the wild card will come out of the central and the yanks will not reach the post season....  Smiley

I love predictions
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6485660?MSNHPHMA

A-Rod on his relationship with Derek Jeter:

"You go from sleeping over at somebody's house five days a week, and now you don't sleep over."

Cry

What is Jeter's problem?  Stop freezing poor A-Rod out, tell the fans to embrace him and start SLEEPING with the guy again already!

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »

"You go from sleeping over at somebody's house five days a week, and now you don't sleep over."

Cry

What is Jeter's problem?  Stop freezing poor A-Rod out, tell the fans to embrace him and start SLEEPING with the guy again already!

I'm sure it has nothing to do with A-Rod being a 'loner'. I love A-Rod, great player, great guy when I met him and got his autograph. However, he's really private. He likes being alone, he probably distanced himself from Jeter.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »

Cry

What is Jeter's problem?? Stop freezing poor A-Rod out, tell the fans to embrace him and start SLEEPING with the guy again already!

i think jeter looks at his playoff performance and it pisses him off its so poor. and he relaizes they could spend all that $$ on more important areas and more clutch players.  hihi

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »

Go Phils!!!

are you from Philly? You always seem to talk about the Eagles  and now the Phils.  Grin
Anywho, the Mets are going  to be  tough to beat.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

Somehow,  for some reason, I am uncomfortable with the mental image of Derek and A-Rod having "sleep overs." That  is what my 14  year daughter does, and she is....well, we won't go  there. Anyway, if they have stopped  sleeping  at each other's place, I take that to be a good thing.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 09:33:15 AM »

Go Phils!!!

are you from Philly? You always seem to talk about the Eagles? and now the Phils.? Grin
Anywho, the Mets are going? to be? tough to beat.

yes, born and raised in Philly. made the mistake of moving to Jersey for a few years, but eventually moved back to Philly.

yes, my guess is that the mets will win the division again, but it wouldn't shock me if they took a step backwards. phils have missed the wild card by 1 or 2 games the last couple years. and we've been starting recent seasons poorly - well below .500 in april. so if they need to get off to a good start.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 11:41:13 PM »

So how is Pinella  going to do with the Cubs this year? He is a great manager and they spent a ton of money on free agents. But they only won, what, 66  games last year. The Cubbies  could be really good, but to get to 90 wins is asking too much, and the Cards are always tough with La Russa. I personally hope Clemens comes back, but it is too bad because I don't think he can take the Astros to the playoffs.

My NL predictions:

East:
Mets

Central:
Cards

West:
Dodgers

Wildcard:
Phils

AL predictions to follow  later.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »

Sammy Sosa hit his first  home  run for the Rangers the other day. Anyone want to discuss whether he makes the team and if so, how many homers  he  will hit?

I say he makes the team, and I am predicting 30-35 homers this year, assuming he stays healthy.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 04:51:55 PM »

I'll put a cap on 20 homers for Sammy.  And even THAT'S pushing it.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »

So far (through Wed) he is 5 for 12 with 2 homers in spring training.
It is only spring training, but still...the talk is that he is back.
He's looking like a lock to make the team.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »

So far (through Wed) he is 5 for 12 with 2 homers in spring training.
It is only spring training, but still...the talk is that he is back.
He's looking like a lock to make the team.

He may make the team, which really doesn't suprize me as texas as all along said they have been happy with all his workouts, practices and just everything about the guy. Although I don't believe he will even hit 20 homeruns this season. He may hit a couple here and there, but once the season starts we will see the sammy sosa of the last few years, which is swinging at everything and hitting hardly anything.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Misfits 138
Headliner

who came along for the ride???

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 11:42:23 PM »

ive been impressed with sammy sosa in spring training, and i am a die hard cubs fan, but i am also a sammy sosa mark so i would love to see him back in a mlb team and be the sammy of old, because i want him to end his career on a good mark and if he makes it to 600 homers all time after this season i will be happy, also if he goes to a world series i will be happy, but i want my cubbies to at least go to the world series this year, and i still stand by the cubs taking the central this year. i just have good outlook on the team this year and it seems really strong. and i like our chances with pinella as our manager, that and big z is a friggin hoss and he works through injurys so i do see a central clinch this year with the cubs, and i see slammin sammy getting his 600 all time homers this year as well.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »

Jonathon Papelbon is back as closer for the Red Sox, the one position they were truly lacking.  I was excited to see how he'd do as a starter and was looking forward to a rotation that included he, Beckett, and Matsuzaka for years to come.  BUT, they really needed a closer and he was one of the best last year so it made sense.  I just hope his shoulder holds up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »

Looks like the Yanks  have some serious problems with their starting rotation. Yeah@!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »

Looks like the Yanks  have some serious problems with their starting rotation. Yeah@!

How is having one guy out for the first few weeks serious problems? Pettitte has been good all spring his spasms have subsided. Moose has been fine. Igawa and Pavano's last starts were good and there is nothing actually "wrong" with karstens elbow and he's gonna start throwing again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: