Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 188969 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:11 PM »

Looks like the Yanks? have some serious problems with their starting rotation. Yeah@!

How is having one guy out for the first few weeks serious problems? Pettitte has been good all spring his spasms have subsided. Moose has been fine. Igawa and Pavano's last starts were good and there is nothing actually "wrong" with karstens elbow and he's gonna start throwing again.
Serious problems in that Pavano is a HUGE question mark.  Igawa is unproven.  Pettitte was very hittable last year in the NL.  Mussina is solid, but not a #1.  Granted, their offense will overcome any pitching problems they might have and Clemens is always an option.  They also loaded up on some prospects through the Randy Johnson, Sheffield, Jaret Wright deals, so they have some assets at their disposal to acquire another arm down the road.  They'll be fine, but you can't deny they don't have problems with their pitching.  Not to mention Rivera is the only quality arm in that bullpen, at least as far as consistency goes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 10:54:22 PM »

Looks like the Yanks  have some serious problems with their starting rotation. Yeah@!

How is having one guy out for the first few weeks serious problems? Pettitte has been good all spring his spasms have subsided. Moose has been fine. Igawa and Pavano's last starts were good and there is nothing actually "wrong" with karstens elbow and he's gonna start throwing again.
Serious problems in that Pavano is a HUGE question mark.  Igawa is unproven.  Pettitte was very hittable last year in the NL.  Mussina is solid, but not a #1.  Granted, their offense will overcome any pitching problems they might have and Clemens is always an option.  They also loaded up on some prospects through the Randy Johnson, Sheffield, Jaret Wright deals, so they have some assets at their disposal to acquire another arm down the road.  They'll be fine, but you can't deny they don't have problems with their pitching.  Not to mention Rivera is the only quality arm in that bullpen, at least as far as consistency goes.

I'm very curious to see how Pavano and Igawa perform when it counts. I was encouraged by their last starts. Pettitte has been great this spring i don't think he's surrendered a run. Not sure how well that will continue in the season. Once we get Wang back Karstens can be the long man he was great this spring before the elbow stiffness in his elbow that just seems to be just that no real injury. I haven't heard if he has any chance of being ready opening day yet though. I am hoping he will. We also have Henn. He has been good this spring. A lot better then Villone if Torre puts Villone on the roster he's lost the last marble. I think Bruney has had a pretty good spring too.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 02:14:24 AM »

Looks like there's gonna be some changes in the Yankee's organization.

Doubt it will effect things out on the field...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 03:23:39 AM »

Looks like there's gonna be some changes in the Yankee's organization.

Doubt it will effect things out on the field...

Yeah the Swindall's are getting divorced. I doubt Steinbrenner is gonna turn it over to him now.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 11:20:28 PM »

Bosox lost  first  game. Schilling does not look good. What  does  it mean?
Chisox manager says, if we don't win, fire  me.
Rangers start Sammy in right  field.
Cubbies up for sale at end of season.Mark Cuban is rumored  to be interested.
Rockies  manager gets  an extension. Who cares?

Lots going on kids.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 11:26:35 PM »

Guillen always talks out of his ass, no need to worry.
Cuban should worry about the Mavs before tackling another huge project.
The Rockies haven't been contracted yet?
Is that huge Ameriquest bell still at The Ballpark?
The Sox are in trouble.  I see a couple of years of rebuilding.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:01 AM »

i would love nothing more then to see the red sox in big trouble.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »

Bosox lost? first? game. Schilling does not look good. What? does? it mean?
Chisox manager says, if we don't win, fire? me.
Rangers start Sammy in right? field.
Cubbies up for sale at end of season.Mark Cuban is rumored? to be interested.
Rockies? manager gets? an extension. Who cares?

Lots going on kids.
As for the answer to your first question, it means absolutely NOTHING!  If you think it does, then what does it mean now that Boston won their second game and Beckett looked very good?  I'll answer that one for you, it means NOTHING!  I'd love to say Beckett's gonna win the Cy Young this year off the strength of his performance tonight, but I know that's crazy.  I know you're just semi-kidding (at least I hope you are) but some people actually put a lot of stock in the first couple games when they really shouldn't.  And I agree, Ozzie Guillen is always saying crazy things which is sometimes entertaining and sometimes troublesome.  How's Sosa doing anyway?  That Cubs sale is gonna be crazy.  Some serious cash is gonna be shelled out.  And yeah, I could care less about the Rockies.  All except for Jeff Francis, I have him on my fantasy team.  I care about him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »

some people actually put a lot of stock in the first couple games when they really shouldn't.?

Let's save ourselves some time and just crown the Mets world champs right now.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »

some people actually put a lot of stock in the first couple games when they really shouldn't.?

Let's save ourselves some time and just crown the Mets world champs right now.

Obviously not after just 3 games, BUT they did look pretty darn impressive sweeping the defending champs.  I don't expect their pitching to be quite as good as it has been, but it really doesn't need to with that offense.  Could they have the division wrapped up by July again (theoretically)?

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »

Obviously not after just 3 games, BUT they did look pretty darn impressive sweeping the defending champs.? I don't expect their pitching to be quite as good as it has been, but it really doesn't need to with that offense.? Could they have the division wrapped up by July again (theoretically)?

I'd love to say yes, but the Phillies will make it tough...

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 12:03:42 AM »

Bosox lost? first? game. Schilling does not look good. What? does? it mean?

Schilling had a bad game. But than Beckett looked great and so did Daisuke Matsuzaka. Schilling will come round and still perform well. Its too early in the season to say his season is over. I'm anxious to see how Wakefield does, and I am happy Matsuzaka had a good start cuz we spent alot of money on him.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »

Obviously not after just 3 games, BUT they did look pretty darn impressive sweeping the defending champs.? I don't expect their pitching to be quite as good as it has been, but it really doesn't need to with that offense.? Could they have the division wrapped up by July again (theoretically)?

I'd love to say yes, but the Phillies will make it tough...

watch out for the braves. not just because they are 3-0 (if the phils had any type of bullpen, they'd have won 2 of those games).

but last year the braves blew 29 saves, most in the NL. they traded for Wickman at the deadline and he converted 18 of 19 the rest of the way. if they had just reduced the BS to 20 (still not great), they would have made the playoffs. McCann is solid, A. Jones is in a contract year, and they still have Larry Wayne (aka chipper) Jones.

i think they will win the wild card, maybe the division. although 3 games in, the mets look as strong as ever.

NL East is a strong division. Florida has some young talent and will be tough all year long. the nationals are the only truly weak team.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
deadflowerII
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »

Great start for the BRAVES!!!!I think that HOTlanta and the douch-bag METS will battling all summer......Philly wont even be in the mix.....they SUCK.....like the YANKEES!!! beer
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »

The Indians-Angels series has been moved from the frigid climate of Cleveland over to the tropical Milwaukee.

And Mike Hargrove is a douche.  He waits until his team is one strike away from losing and the opposing pitcher having an abbreviated no-hitter to tell the umpire that his batter can't see.  Asshole.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »

Yanks put Pavano and Mussina on DL. They did not address starting pitching in the  offseason and now it looks like they are in trouble. Gotta love it.

Sosa  returns to Chicago this week to face the Chisox. Wonder  what kind of reception he will receive.

Bonds is looking good so far and I think he will break the record  this year, before  July 1st.
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »

You have a point.

Hyman will whoop you x2!
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act