Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 188980 times)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 08:59:31 PM »

Bonds hit number 740 today, my prediction by July 1st is lookin' pretty good!
And yes, I know, I have a point. That  is the point, to have a point.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2007, 12:24:28 AM »

Bonds hit number 740 today, my prediction by July 1st is lookin' pretty good!
And yes, I know, I have a point. That  is the point, to have a point.

Bonds is the biggest douche the game has ever seen.  I hope A-rod breaks his HR single season record this year.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2007, 12:39:19 AM »

the way he's hitting i wouldn't doubt him doing it.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »

Motherfucker hit #741 at the Ravine.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2007, 06:17:17 PM »

Josh Hancock, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, was killed in an auto accident early this morning.  Second time in five years a pitcher for the Cardinals has tragically died, and ironically enough both times they were slated to play the Cubs and the games were obviously PPD.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »

Bonds may get the record for now, but in the future he won't have it. A-Rod and Pujols are both on pace to get over 800, if I'm not mistaken. So it's only a matter of time.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »

I'd rather one of those two have the record then that idiot bonds.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

Well can't complain about the season thus far as its always nice to see the Yawkees playing such great baseball. GO SOX!? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2007, 11:28:21 PM »

Yanks lose  another starter!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007, 11:49:42 PM »

Yeah time to fire some trainers i think. They either aren't making these guys workout enough or they are having the worst luck in the world. I just read they actually did fire some guy who was head of player performance enhancement or whatever. Maybe they'll get someone that can keep them healthy now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:59:24 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »

Bonds may get the record for now, but in the future he won't have it. A-Rod and Pujols are both on pace to get over 800, if I'm not mistaken. So it's only a matter of time.

Projections are tough... At one time the record was Ken Griffey Jr.'s to break with ease. Then a long string of nagging injuries has kept him well below that mark. If he hit's 600 now he'll be lucky. I'm sure 99% of people who played major league baseball would hope to have 7 really bad years and wind up with 600 home runs.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2007, 12:29:20 PM »

Yanks lose? another starter!

Yeah time to fire some trainers i think. They either aren't making these guys workout enough or they are having the worst luck in the world. I just read they actually did fire some guy who was head of player performance enhancement or whatever. Maybe they'll get someone that can keep them healthy now.

You got your wish
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »

Consider yourself a prophet.  They fired their strength and conditioning coach yesterday.

Smiley

The rash of injuries is killing them.  I'm actually surprised they're not further in the cellar, all things considered.  Nobody in the AL east is playing lights out....not even the Sox, who look to be the early season best of the buch (of course, it IS early May).

It's still anybody's ballgame....and I can certainly see the race being determined by a very large Texan and where he decides to go, if anywhere.

One other thing: Kudos to Sox pitcher Jon Lester.  I'm a rabid yanks fan, and even I'm glad to see the guy prepping for a return to the bigs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:17:58 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »

poor player performance is more to blame than anything. and that's why torre's job security is questionable.

stat-man bobby "baseball" abreu doesn't even have the offensive stats to justify his lack of hustle and poor defensive skills.

and the greatest closer of all time may finally be on a serious decline. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2007, 07:38:26 PM »

Consider yourself a prophet.  They fired their strength and conditioning coach yesterday.

Smiley

The rash of injuries is killing them.  I'm actually surprised they're not further in the cellar, all things considered.  Nobody in the AL east is playing lights out....not even the Sox, who look to be the early season best of the buch (of course, it IS early May).

It's still anybody's ballgame....and I can certainly see the race being determined by a very large Texan and where he decides to go, if anywhere.

One other thing: Kudos to Sox pitcher Jon Lester.  I'm a rabid yanks fan, and even I'm glad to see the guy prepping for a return to the bigs.

Is he? Thats great. I may hate boston but i'd never wish anything bad like cancer on anyone even their players. I'm glad he is recovering.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

poor player performance is more to blame than anything. and that's why torre's job security is questionable.

stat-man bobby "baseball" abreu doesn't even have the offensive stats to justify his lack of hustle and poor defensive skills.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Mo. He needs work to stay sharp and its kinda hard to get work when your team isn't winning in the 9th inning.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »

and the greatest closer of all time may finally be on a serious decline.?

They lead the league in runs scored, team batting average, etc.  I'm not sure how that translates into "poor player performance" from the lineup.  Sure, some players (like Abreu and Damon) are not putting up numbers right now, but.....nobody bats 1.000.

The pitching, on the other hand, has the highest ERA in baseball, has used (once the new guy starts on Monday) 10 different starting pitchers, and is routinely using 5 pitchers a game....and they didn't record a save until last week (Mariano looks fine now, FYI....3 straight saves).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »

They lead the league in runs scored, team batting average, etc.  I'm not sure how that translates into "poor player performance" from the lineup.  Sure, some players (like Abreu and Damon) are not putting up numbers right now, but.....nobody bats 1.000.

The pitching, on the other hand, has the highest ERA in baseball, has used (once the new guy starts on Monday) 10 different starting pitchers, and is routinely using 5 pitchers a game....and they didn't record a save until last week (Mariano looks fine now, FYI....3 straight saves).

The amount of injuries hitting the pitching staff is incredible. I'm not sure the trainer was to blame or not but someone had to take the fall. We'll see what happens now with the interim guy.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

and the greatest closer of all time may finally be on a serious decline.?

They lead the league in runs scored, team batting average, etc.? I'm not sure how that translates into "poor player performance" from the lineup.? Sure, some players (like Abreu and Damon) are not putting up numbers right now, but.....nobody bats 1.000.

obviously, i was talking about their pitching when i said poor player performance.

they've had to shuffle their starting rotation due to injuries, but every team does throughout a season. they've had to shuffle things around because of poor pitching as well.

their bullpen has been a disaster. and you need your stars (rivera) to step up when you do have injuries. an 11-12 april sounds a heck of alot better than a 9-14 one.

and abreu's poor defense cost them runs in a close game as well.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2007, 03:16:50 PM »

Roger Clemens just announced during the 7th inning stretch at Yankee Stadium that he would be returning to the Yankees!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: