Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:46:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to polish fans - Interview
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to polish fans - Interview  (Read 9618 times)
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 14, 2007, 02:48:09 PM »

Interview from  polish Gn'R forum Nightrain Station.

HEY!  Answered what I could.  I don't like to talk about other band members, it makes me uncomfortable, I feel like it makes things awkward between me and whoever I'm talking about, so I didn't answer any of those kinds of questions....   (feel free to mention that along with the answers, if you want...)   Smiley

1. First, we would like to ask you how you got to GNR, how did you react to their proposal of your playing in the band and how did your friends and family react to this news?

Started to talking with them in the Summer of 2004, really appreciated that they would consider me for the group.  Things picked up in 2006, and here we are!   Smiley

2. What kind of emotions did accompany you just before the first concert as a GN'R member and what reaction from the audience did you expect?

I expected people to chant the names of old guitarists, haha!!   Mostly I was concerned about remembering the songs!  Was still learning them a few hours before going on stage...!

3. What was your first impression upon meeting Axl and the rest of the guys for the first time?

I feel like a douche when I talk about other bandmembers, makes me feel like I'm analyzing them and objectifying them, so I'm not gonna say much for those kinds of questions, other than that they're all great, happy to have them (and all of you!) in my life.  Smiley

4. Which song is in your opinion the most challenging while playing it alive?

Better, because of the backing vocals - to go from moving around the stage to stopping in front of the mic singing long high notes without a lot of breathing, feels like my heart's gonna explode by the end of it!!

5. What idols did you have when you were starting your 'adventure' with the guitar? Who did you model on?

The band KISS inspired me to start playing music.  And the Beatles.  But it was Van Halen that really made me get serious about guitar.

6. How do you evaluate yourself in comparison to the best guitarists? On what do think you still need to work as a guitarist?

I need work, on everything!  The beautiful thing about playing music is that it's an endless road ahead, there's no limit to how far you can go. In that respect, no matter how far you go, you can always learn and improve.

7. What was the strangest costume you had to play in ever?

Once, while singing with friends in a cover band in the early 90s, I wore a big sweatsuit and stuffed it full of 20 sweaters, so I looked like I was 400 pounds, and played a show like that, rolling on the ground, bouncing off the walls.  What a mess.

8. What are the rules for distributing particular solos to the present GN'R guitarists.?

No rules, we just feel it out, and say "Hey, you wanna grab that solo?  Cool..."

9. Does it make a big difference for you who plays on drums: Brain or Frank?

They both kick ass...  Smiley

10. Do you know how's Brian and his family? Have you talked to him recently?

Been a while, last we spoke all's well   Smiley

11. What is you attitude to the fact that there are 3 guitarists and 2 keyboarders in the band? I'm asking cause it's not very frequent.

I look at it like there's nothing we won't be able to do musically.  So many possibilities, ya know?  Smiley

12. Are there any chances that Axl will sing Don't Cry during your solo?

haha, I don't know...    Tongue

13. How would you describe GN'R as a band? Hard-working or 'fun-loving'

Both.  VERY hard-working, VERY fun-loving   Smiley

14. How does the cooperation with the rest of the band look like 'behind the scenes'? Do you meet often except for the concerts?

We hang out - spent Christmas with Frank and his family, would hang every day with bandmembers and crew during the tour...

15. Is there a democracy in GN'R or perhaps a chinese democracy?

Totally - everyone has freedom to be who they are, and are supportive of each other   Smiley

16. Which concert during the tour was the best and why was it the gig in Poland?

The WARSAW gig of course!  Because it was in Poland!   Smiley

17. Do you remember anything from you stay in Poland and from the gig?

The roses in the venue - it was beautiful  Smiley   And a fantastic Mexican restaurant across from the hotel - they had this black bean soup that just kicked ass!  Frank said it was just like his mom's - it's funny, we were saying that we found the best Mexican food in Poland...

18. We've heard about your Polish roots. If it's true, can you tell us a few words about it? Have any experience with Polish people?

My grandparents are from there, relocated from Lithuania - don't know much about my family's history, lost a lot of them in WWII.  Metal Mike from Sebastian Bach's band, he's Polish and was so happy to play Warsaw, was very happy for him.  Smiley

19. If you will work on some kind of project other from GN'R in future, will you ask Chris Pittman for help?

Anyone from the band is welcome   Smiley

20. Did you come back to the univeristy after finishing the tour? If you did, then what was the reaction of your students?

Not yet, but spoke to my boss there a few days ago, just catching up on things.  Going to visit the school for a day, very soon   Smiley

21. Where did you get that red cap you performed in?

I don't know!  I wish I knew, I'd get more of them...   I think I got it while touring France ten years ago...

22. What do you think about Velvet Revolver. Do you like their music?

(nothing against VR, but don't wanna say anything about them...)

23. Can you describe each of GN'R members in a few words (including you of course)

Not gonna talk about the other guys, other than that I look forward to seeing them in a few months!  And look forward to seeing all of you again!  Cheesy

BfoOt
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:00:34 PM by zqyx79 » Logged
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

Thank god BF is in the band.

...the guy kicks ass.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »

Great read, cool questions!  Cheesy
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »

He's such a class act. My whole family is from the East Coast so I particularly enjoy his audio interviews (he's got the true Yankee accent!).

I can't wait to hear his solos on the album

And honestly, when (not if) the original band reunites in a few years, I still want him out there guesting on Nightrain with his fretless solo!  peace

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »

What a professional, class-act of a guy. ?I, for one, appreciate his professional (not to mention ethical) contributions to the band as much as I do his musical abilities. ?Outstanding.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 03:17:49 PM »

Awesome interview ok

Bumblefoot really is an amazing guy Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »

I cant think of a more perfect person (personality wise) to be a guitarist for GN'R. This guy is so cool.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »

You know what is so bad?  At first I was confused because I thought the title of the thread he was saying something about polishing the fans.  Making us all nice and shiny, somehow. rofl
SADIS
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »

See the rest of the band in a few months?

From when is this reply from BBF?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 03:51:24 PM »

See the rest of the band in a few months?

He's likely talking about their show in South Africa.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 04:04:22 PM »

You know what is so bad?  At first I was confused because I thought the title of the thread he was saying something about polishing the fans.  Making us all nice and shiny, somehow. rofl

[thal]
Well, uh you know, on the last tour I was talking to a lot of the fans outside after the gig, I mean it's not really a good night, unless you do that, you know, talk to the fans. And I mean they were all friendly and do-anything-for ya guys, but I noticed a lot of 'em weren't really shiny enough, so I'm gonna bring a dusting cloth and some pledge on the next tour, hey, maybe i gould get pledge or someone to sponsor the next bumblefoot tour, but I'd be scared that, like, the stage would be too slippy and I'd fall over, like an ass, you know? Not that I'd mind too much, as long as it made people laugh. What were we talking about again?
[/thal]

Glad you're on board, Ron!
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »

I guess it came in today in the morning, at least it was posted today at 10:20am at NightrainStation:

http://gunsnroses.com.pl/index.php?id=glowna&function=show_all&no=999

Ron, you rule man!!!!? ok
Thanks a lot? love
Hugs from Warsaw! BTW When do you plan to pop in for another black bean soup?? Grin

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Chief
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »

thanks for the interview post, very cool!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »

Awesome interview!!

Ya know this band has worked their ass of, especially for no album... I hope dobuters can gets past this is not the orginal band, and see these guys for who they are!!
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »

Yes, this was a good interview.

Bumblefoot really seems like a professional guy. I'm interested to learn more about him. 

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

loved it headbanger
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »

Yeah, I think after all this time, Ron was the last piece of the puzzle. Quality person...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

bumblefoot is god Cool
so happy he is in the band! smoking beer peace Cheesy Grin
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 03:48:08 PM »

Very commendable that he's so selfless and really cares about the fan. What a top bloke.  ok Great interview aswell, thanks for posting.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 03:53:52 PM »

great stuff, thanks!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: