Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 03:45:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  (Insert number here) weeks left
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Insert number here) weeks left  (Read 110584 times)
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »

Well, I don't know.? What I do know is this: tommorrow we are officially half-way through the time from when Axl gave the tentative release date and that very date.? We have heard nothing.

axl said he'd inform us if things were not on schedule

as he hasnt said anything we must assume everything is (almost) on target
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »

March 6th was a tenative release date, not set in stone. We will hear something if it doesnt come out March 6th.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »

Well, I don't know.? What I do know is this: tommorrow we are officially half-way through the time from when Axl gave the tentative release date and that very date.? We have heard nothing.

He actually said "if we are delayed...". It can be interpreted a number of ways, in terms of exactly when we'll be informed. But ASAP seems to be the word. I mean acronym.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »

At the moment March 6th. is still our target date.

Until we hear otherwise..................... nervous

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »

Time is getting tight now for a March 6th. release.

Still possible, but things would have to start moving soon regarding a single (as in the next 10 days?)

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

Well, I don't know.  What I do know is this: tommorrow we are officially half-way through the time from when Axl gave the tentative release date and that very date.  We have heard nothing.

Unfortunately human beings aren't that reliable. It's not a simple if-then-else Smiley

My guess something's happened again and they're sorting it out, before they'll tell us.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2007, 04:26:03 PM »

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but the Harley Davidson advert no longer says anything about checking back for the version with 'better'

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Detour/Black_Sheep.jsp?locale=en_US

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »

There was a thread like this two weeks ago. Use that one, please. Like a previous member said, I don't want to see threads like this for a tentative date.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2007, 04:55:14 PM »

Maybe Axl will annouce the "new"release date on March 6 when the album is finished?
I don't think that it comes out now because he's still recording

That would piss alot of people off, if he waited to the day he had planned to release it to say its not going to be released. He will no before that if it going the be released on the 6th and he should/will tell us.

"to live with fortune and fame"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »

this board is becoming absolutely ridiculous Cry

Agreed. And yet I reply to these topics!! Why oh why!  Wink

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »

March 6th was tentative, and Axl said:

"If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. "

So it is quite possible there could be a delay, but he might not say anything until they have the delays resolved and a firm release date (see above).

So relax, chill out. When there is a firm release date, we will be told, even if it is after March 6th (which was tentative in case anyone missed that Smiley )
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »

So, what does that mean?  If we don't get an update about delays before March 6th, and we don't get the album on March 6th, does that mean we should be disappointed and Axl is a liar?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

We can already call Axl liar but let's not get into that?

I think we will get news in a few weeks, either single realese or then the more likely.. The album has bee postponed.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »

So, what does that mean?? If we don't get an update about delays before March 6th, and we don't get the album on March 6th, does that mean we should be disappointed and Axl is a liar?

Some people will *think* (I use that term losely) that Axl is a liar whatever he says.

It means that we will get an update, when there is a firm release date, which may, or may not be before March 6th.

I think we would all be disappointed if it doesn't come out on March 6th, but as he said, it is only a tentative date, not a promise, guarantee, etc.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2007, 05:35:31 PM »

this board is becoming absolutely ridiculous Cry

Agreed. And yet I reply to these topics!! Why oh why!  Wink

I do find it funny how many people complain about threads and certain discussions and yet feel compelled to comment. 

I do think that Axl or the record label issuing a firm release date closer to March 6th isn't something out of the realm of possibilities.  If you don't agree, then that's fine, but always using the 'negative' card gets old.  Is it negative or realistic to assume that as we get closer to March 6th without hearing that confirms the 'tentative' date that Axl might miss his target?  Sure this topic has been discussed several times in several threads (8 weeks, 6 weeks, and now this thread), but in my opinion, there's not a lot else to discuss. 

It's interesting that so many people here feel the need to be Axl's spokesperson.  Yes, we know it's a tentative release date, we know Axl promised to keep us informed, and yes, we all hope that March 6th is the day.  That being said, some of us enjoy discussing the different possibilities of when this album is coming out and how likely things will pan out as described by Axl in his open letter to us fans.  Just because we don't always believe the man doesn't mean we're not just as big of fans.

All that being said, I do think that the March 6th 'tentative' release date is one that Axl believed in and was sincere when he put it in his letter.  I'm not questioning his intentions, I'm just not a firm believer that he'll be able to deliver for reasons that we're now 6 weeks away and no single.  If Axl wants Chinese Democracy to receive the proper 8 week treatment as purported in his letter, then serious overtures should have been heard and seen by now.  This isn't to say that the release isn't soon, ie mid to late march, maybe April.  And if that's the case, that's cool; tentative is tentative.  But based on where we are right now, the facts as clearly as we can see them (and admittedly, there's a lot we don't know), it's not unwarranted to express doubts over March 6th.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

On blabbermouth it was posted a week ago

do you remember the exact artical title? i cant find it

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 05:51:01 PM »

If Axl wants Chinese Democracy to receive the proper 8 week treatment as purported in his letter, then serious overtures should have been heard and seen by now.? This isn't to say that the release isn't soon, ie mid to late march, maybe April.? And if that's the case, that's cool; tentative is tentative.? But based on where we are right now, the facts as clearly as we can see them (and admittedly, there's a lot we don't know), it's not unwarranted to express doubts over March 6th.

Cheers,

Andrew

He didnt say he wanted it to have 8 weeks of promo, he said it takes 8 weeks aproximately to get the album from the record company to the record shops!

People are assuming so much bout the promo schedule. It'll be a while yet til we can assume axl has missed another target.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »

If Axl wants Chinese Democracy to receive the proper 8 week treatment as purported in his letter, then serious overtures should have been heard and seen by now.  This isn't to say that the release isn't soon, ie mid to late march, maybe April.  And if that's the case, that's cool; tentative is tentative.  But based on where we are right now, the facts as clearly as we can see them (and admittedly, there's a lot we don't know), it's not unwarranted to express doubts over March 6th.

Cheers,

Andrew

He didnt say he wanted it to have 8 weeks of promo, he said it takes 8 weeks aproximately to get the album from the record company to the record shops!

People are assuming so much bout the promo schedule. It'll be a while yet til we can assume axl has missed another target.

That's a good point.  One wonders though if Axl was still recording only a week or two ago if the record company has received the album.  You'd think that if the album was delivered in its final state to Universal that it wouldn't be much longer after a confirmed release date. 

Usually, and I stress the word usually, the start of the promo period is marked with the release of the first single.  There is no set standard as to how long a single is released prior to the actual album, but it's been my impression that when it comes to big-ticket albums, 8-12 weeks is the norm.  Pearl Jam's single was out 8 weeks prior to their last album (coincidentally, the confirmed released date for the album was released on the same day as the single), The Killers was 11 weeks, Coldplay's Speed of Sound was out a full 12 weeks before the album.  There's exceptions, but I'm not sure if GNR will be one.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »

So, with that said, what do you guys/gals think the next thing we will hear from Axl/ the band / or there Management will be ?

If history taught us anything the next words will be "we hope to announce a release date soon." with "we are going to go into the studio to put the final touches on Chinese Democracy over the next month" in front of it.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »

I dont think we are going to get it March 6th.

If I had to guess it would be anywhere from March 27 - May 29th

And if we dont get it in that range then we will surely get it during the most busiest shopping day of the yr....the tues before black friday!!

I'm betting on April 17th. Don't know exactly why, but something about that day feels right for it.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: