Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 273391 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2005, 02:02:08 AM »

Yeah, the last great album AC/DC put out was The Razors Edge, after that, I think they've gotten lazy too.

I read an interview with Brian Johnson not too long ago in regards to the new album and he said that Angus and Malcolm were working really hard to come up with some really great songs for the next record.

I hope it's true, but Brian Johnson is really losing his live voice, although I'm not surprised, he's 60's years old isn't he?!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2005, 03:04:44 AM »

Yeah, he's gotta be right up there in age.  And with the way he sings, it definitely has to take a toll.  Just look at Tom Keifer of Cinderella.  He has a very similar vocal style to Brian Johnson, and he started having problems with his voice in the early 90's.  I'm surprised Brian Johnson was able to sing how he did for as long as he did.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2005, 11:12:46 AM »

The Epic/Sony-BMG AC/DC web site is currently offering a bonus DVD with each online purchase of two CDs. The DVD, available exclusively through the web site, includes five promo videos from the "Back In Black" album ("Hells Bells", "Back In Black", "You Shook Me All Night Long", "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" and "What Do You Do For Money Honey") filmed in 1980, with the "You Shook Me All Night Long" version different from the one found on "Family Jewels".

AC/DC have been working on a new studio album, and according to Billboard, their agent told a gathering of concert-industry representatives that a North American tour is on the horizon, though he didn't say whether it would be this year or next. There's no word on whether the new album will be released in 2005 or 2006.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2005, 08:53:30 PM »

That is right ,  only two albums have been released since The Razors Edge, I never thought to much into that when i posted. I guess because Razors Edge came out my senior year of high school it feels like they have released more albums than two.

As for Brian Johnson's voice it is shot, he probably is around 60. Speaking of AC/DC, does any of you guys have there latest dvd release. I hear it is really well put together. IS there alot of footage from the Bon Scott era ? If so i am going to buy it, i have all of those cd's but i dont have a whole lot of knowledge about there history and so on with Bon . So any info on that dvd would be greatly appreciated . Thanks Rob for the info regarding the DVD, i may have to pick it up.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 06:44:49 PM by deliverthecow » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2005, 07:50:10 AM »

'im not a big dc fan
but i love the song LOVE HUNGRY MAN. the rythm KICKS ass :?)

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »

From what I understand there is a lot of Bon stuff on the Family Jewels DVD.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
MikeB
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

I love that song "Big Gun," by AC/DC. Not a lot of people talk about it and it's never played on the radio either.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »

I love that song "Big Gun," by AC/DC. Not a lot of people talk about it and it's never played on the radio either.

Is that the one from the Last Action Hero soundtrack?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2005, 02:45:42 PM »

According to Undercover News, AC/DC are among the artists who are said to be planning performances in Australia next March to mark the 2006 Commonwealth Games to be held in Melbourne.

AC/DC have been working on a new studio album, and according to Billboard, their agent told a gathering of concert-industry representatives that a North American tour is on the horizon, though he didn't say whether it would be this year or next. There's no word on whether the new album will be released in 2005 or 2006.

MikeB
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2005, 05:38:34 PM »

Is that the one from the Last Action Hero soundtrack?
yeah, the "Ahnold" flick.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »

From what I understand there is a lot of Bon stuff on the Family Jewels DVD.

1 disc containing 20 Bon Scott songs and 1 disc containing 20 Brian Johnson songs.

just got the dvd's in the mail today, they are awesome!!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2005, 03:59:46 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson joined VELVET REVOLVER onstage during their appearance at Hard Rock Live in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday (Sept. 6) for a rendition of LED ZEPPELIN's "Rock and Roll".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2005, 02:36:57 PM »

Guitarist Angus Young told the Hit Parader magazine that AC/DC have written and recorded so much material over the last year that they might seriously consider making their next album release a double disc.

"We do have a lot of songs at the moment," he said. "But that's not incredibly unusual for us. We tend to have a lot of material at some point in the recording process, then begin to whittle it down. But this time, we like a lot of what we're hearing, so the idea of expanding things out is not out of the realm of possibility."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2005, 03:47:22 PM »

Amazon.com is currently listing an AC/DC DVD, entitled "And Then There Was Rock: Life Before Brian", to be released on October 25 via Chrome Dreams."'AC/DC: And Then There Was Rock' charts the band's early years, up to the tragic death of Bon Scott. This documentary takes the cameras where they have never previously preyed, interviewing AC/DC's original singer Dave Evans, original drummer Colin Burgess, school friends of Bon, Angus and Malcolm, Bon's lifelong friend Vincent Lovegrove, AC/DC biographers Malcolm Dome and Clinton Walker and many others. This DVD is a fitting tribute to the memory of Bon Scott, containing rare footage of him in his earlier bands as well as obscure footage of AC/DC in their glory years, previously unseen photographs and much, much more!"

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2005, 08:49:23 PM »

BUY FAMILY JEWELS.  IT IS UNFOCKING BELEIVABLE!!!!  2 DISCS.  One with Bon, One with Brian.  No band has ever had two bad azz frontmen like this.  Don't say Van Halen either.  Goes from like 1975-1990.  I love it.  I love it all.  Watching this band perform is just amazing.  For every AC/DC fan, this is a must buy.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2005, 02:17:49 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson will be Alice Cooper's special guest on Cooper's radio show "Nights with Alice Cooper" airing on Thursday, October 20. The program is a classic-rock format and is nationally syndicated on the United Stations Radio Networks. Air times differ, so make sure to check out NightsWithAliceCooper.com for more information.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2005, 03:30:44 PM »

According to a posting on the AC/DC fan site AC/DC Ruff Stuff, AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson and bassist Cliff Williams "rocked the house and sounded incredible" at Thursday night's (Dec. 15) hurricane relief concert in Ft. Myers, Florida. They apparently closed the show with the AC/DC classics "Back in Black", "T.N.T.", "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution", "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "You Shook Me All Night Long" and "Highway to Hell", with everyone joining in. They were intending to perform "Whole Lotta Rosie" as well, but due to time constraints it was scratched. Other artists that performed at the concert included Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE), Buck Dharma (BLUE ?YSTER CULT) and Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK). The event raised funds for the Beasley Disaster Relief Fund and the John Entwistle Foundation.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, AC/DC guitarist Angus Young will make a cameo appearance in a major Hollywood film ? "Goal! 3".

The first film in "Goal!" trilogy (featuring a cameo by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson) opens in Australia this month, following the story of aspiring American soccer player Santiago Munez (Kuno Becker).

Australian producer Matt Barrelle, who has been a soccer fan all his life, is behind the film.

"We shoot 'Goal! 3' at the World Cup this year and we have actually changed the script, rolling a bit of Australia in there," said Barrelle, who grew up in Bondi but now lives in Los Angeles.

"So you will see Australia on the big screen, especially the fan element."

While "Goal!" is yet to open in Australia, production is nearly finished on "Goal! 2" and pre-production on the third instalment is well underway.

"This is a great story with the backdrop being a professional footballer," said Barrelle.

"We knew we had enough story to create a trilogy."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2006, 04:54:54 PM »

ccording to the AC/DC fan site Crabsody In Blue, The Mirror newspaper in the U.K. (Irish edition) reports that AC/DC have been asked to headline next summer's spectacular in Slane, Ireland.

Bosses are banking on the group to sign a contract for a massive one-off show before 90,000 fans and help it become Ireland's music Mecca again.

Secret negotiations have been taking place to lure the band to Ireland for a rare appearance.

Slane suffered a huge blow over the past two years when EMINEM cancelled a sold-out gig in 2005 and no act signed up this year.

A source revealed: "At this stage AC/DC are the number one target for Slane 2007. The show would be a huge hit and help Slane become the talk of the music world again.

"AC/DC are one of the biggest selling bands in history and they would definitely sell somewhere as big as Slane out."

AC/DC have sold over 160 million albums since they launched in 1973.

They are also negotiating outdoor concerts in London, France and Germany next summer.

T_Roxie
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »

Im going to fucking London if they are playing!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: