Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270218 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »

but nobody should hold their breath regardless of the current rumours - at least from things I've heard from people reasonably close to the band. Hope I'm wrong.
So what the rumors says?

It would be great to see them vigourious as ever,
- but I have no prob seeing people working until retirement age (or beyond) even if they get slow peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »

A hand up from a legend of rock

In the drizzling rain, five scared boys with perfect rock 'n' roll hair stood on the sidewalk in front of Sarasota pub the Irish Rover.

Brian Johnson, rock legend, lead singer for AC/DC, bounced in between them, infinitely energetic.

Years of screaming "Back in Black" haven't taken a toll on Johnson's vocal cords, nor has the occasional cigarette.

Ten eyes, wide with fear, never left Johnson's face. The boys heard every syllable he spoke with an accent as thick as the day he left England.

"The first time you'll never forget," Johnson told them. "Your first time on stage, you'll never match.

"This is a special time, my boys, you'll be excellent. Remember to look at your audience; look 'em in the eye."

The band, Bad Sara, consists of four middle-schoolers and a high school freshman; Alex Rappaport, 14, Garrett Moore, 13, Mike Magazino, 14, James Hyde, 13, and Austin Bowman, 15.

About a month ago, Garrett recognized Johnson's wife, Brenda, in a parking lot and handed her a CD that he and his friends recorded in his garage. Garrett sings lead and writes most of the lyrics. Alex and James write their guitar parts and Mike "just comes in on drums, like magic." Garrett said.

Brenda liked the CD so she gave it to her husband.

"Not bad for homemade," Johnson growled. "All you could hear was cymbals and vowels, but I said to myself, 'they've got something, something that needs to be nurtured.'"

Brenda Johnson had invited her nephews from Norway to visit for the holidays and thought it would be nice to have Garrett and the band come over and jam with them.

"But I didn't tell Brian," she said. "The kids came over and I said, 'you've only got one shot with Brian, but don't be nervous.' They were so sweet and respectful.

"They were great, so Brian went out and just started jamming with them."

Brian Johnson interjected: "I heard 'em, I liked 'em, but there is no jumping off place in Sarasota for a rock band.

"So I call my friend Duff, (Paul Duffy, owner of the Irish Rover), and I tell him, give 'em a chance,'" he added.

Duffy agreed, and Bad Sara packed the place. It was standing room only; children, teenagers and adults stood on chairs to see the boys play.

They opened with "Get to Me," and "My Way," both original compositions. The walls vibrated; the energy inside the Rover was palpable.

"I just kept thinking to myself, I can't believe we're really here," Alex said afterward. "I've been waiting for this moment all my life."

The band followed with songs by Nazareth, Black Crowes and Guns N' Roses.

Johnson was not the only well-known musician at the Rover: Donald "Duck" Dunn, an accomplished studio bass player who played with the original Blues Brothers Band and Skid Row guitarist Scotti Hill offered encouragement and musical support to the boys.

Out of the blue, with ultimate cheek, Alex launched into the opening chords of AC/DC's smash hit "Highway to Hell." Garrett decided to surprise Johnson by "covering a few of the songs that helped make Brian a rock legend."

Johnson, vibrating with excitement, could no longer contain himself. He jumped to his feet and joined the boys on stage for "Shook Me All Night Long" and "Thunderstruck."

"Not many people ever get the opportunity to do something like this. Scotti, Brian and Duck signed my guitar; I feel like I'm in a dream," Austin said. Austin intends to go to college while pursuing a musical career.

In addition to playing guitar, violin and keyboards, he is an honor roll student. "I took an engineering class, just as a fallback, but my dream is to be a professional musician."

Mike agreed. "I'm so psyched! I had fun and I made people feel good. What better career is there?" he said.

"I definitely want to go to college," he continued. "I get pretty good grades, but I really want to stick with my drums and play in a band."

Garrett, also an excellent student, feels strongly that he will make music his vocation.

"It's a dream to perform a duet with Brian; it's awesome, doesn't get any better," Garrett said. "It would be great to be a performer forever, but even if I'm not singing, I'll be in the business somewhere. I'll produce; I'll be a sound engineer."

Alex added, "It's the best feeling in the world. I just want to be a famous musician."

He is an honor roll student with three years' experience playing guitar and saxophone.

An afterthought from Garrett momentarily brought the night back down to earth: "Drum sets are expensive, so I really need to thank my Dad."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »

Australian hard rock icons AC/DC are getting closer to ending an eight-year drought of new music. "God, I'm ready," bassist Cliff Williams, who was in L.A. to participate at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp, tells Spinner. To that end, the group will hit the studio March 1.

Almost as long as the wait for new music is the band's absence from the stage. Tour plans, however, aren't as firm. "If we go out again or when we go out again," Williams said. "You just never know. We've been around a long time, so we're going to get together and get in the studio and I fully expect we will [tour.]. I don't mean to be so negative about that. [When] the last tour ended in early '01, you'd see kids on their dads' shoulders. And these kids were like 10, 12 years old. It will be tremendous to see that again. And it's very cool -- younger kids getting into older music."

Williams admits that he doesn't listen to his own stuff very often, but on hand at the Rock Camp, the bassist did get a new perspective on some of the band's classics. And what's standing out for him lately? "'Down Payment Blues,' 'Live Wire' -- I dig a lot of the old stuff," he says. "It's amazing. We look back on old albums -- look at tracks -- and I don't remember the tracks from the title. But those two songs I would love to play."

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »

Australian hard rock icons AC/DC are getting closer to ending an eight-year drought of new music. "God, I'm ready," bassist Cliff Williams, who was in L.A. to participate at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp, tells Spinner. To that end, the group will hit the studio March 1.

Almost as long as the wait for new music is the band's absence from the stage. Tour plans, however, aren't as firm. "If we go out again or when we go out again," Williams said. "You just never know. We've been around a long time, so we're going to get together and get in the studio and I fully expect we will [tour.]. I don't mean to be so negative about that. [When] the last tour ended in early '01, you'd see kids on their dads' shoulders. And these kids were like 10, 12 years old. It will be tremendous to see that again. And it's very cool -- younger kids getting into older music."

Williams admits that he doesn't listen to his own stuff very often, but on hand at the Rock Camp, the bassist did get a new perspective on some of the band's classics. And what's standing out for him lately? "'Down Payment Blues,' 'Live Wire' -- I dig a lot of the old stuff," he says. "It's amazing. We look back on old albums -- look at tracks -- and I don't remember the tracks from the title. But those two songs I would love to play."

For those about to rock...I salute you!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »

Man, I cannot wait for this album.  Its like their Chinese Democracy.  they are one of the most amazing live bands ever!

The story about the teenage band and Brian jamming is bad ass!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »

first concert i ever went too was ac/dc. so that band will always hold a special place in my heart. hope too see them again  smoking

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »

Who thinks "Bedlam in Belgium" is a under-rated ac/dc classic, i also think its one of Brian Johnson era's songs most pure songs.

The lyrics are written about something which happened to the band (see lyrics to get the idea) i assume a riot or something.

Most AC/DC songs are like cheesy innuendo lyrics (which im not against...it makes ac/dc the fun band they are) but it was cool to hear them singing about something slightly different, than usual.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »

Who thinks "Bedlam in Belgium" is a under-rated ac/dc classic

*freedom78 raises hand*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »

Who thinks "Bedlam in Belgium" is a under-rated ac/dc classic, i also think its one of Brian Johnson era's songs most pure songs.

Haven't listened to that one in a while. Must do so....

Now, Night Of The Long Knives, Flick Of The Switch, Danger and Ruff Stuff are underrated classics for sure. yes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

Who thinks "Bedlam in Belgium" is a under-rated ac/dc classic,

The whole FOTS album is great, it's my favourite of the Brian Johnson albums - I wouldn't claim it's objectively better than Back in Black, but I listen to it much more.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2008, 12:14:17 AM »

A hand up from a legend of rock

In the drizzling rain, five scared boys with perfect rock 'n' roll hair stood on the sidewalk in front of Sarasota pub the Irish Rover.

Brian Johnson, rock legend, lead singer for AC/DC, bounced in between them, infinitely energetic.

Years of screaming "Back in Black" haven't taken a toll on Johnson's vocal cords, nor has the occasional cigarette.

Ten eyes, wide with fear, never left Johnson's face. The boys heard every syllable he spoke with an accent as thick as the day he left England.

"The first time you'll never forget," Johnson told them. "Your first time on stage, you'll never match.

"This is a special time, my boys, you'll be excellent. Remember to look at your audience; look 'em in the eye."

The band, Bad Sara, consists of four middle-schoolers and a high school freshman; Alex Rappaport, 14, Garrett Moore, 13, Mike Magazino, 14, James Hyde, 13, and Austin Bowman, 15.

About a month ago, Garrett recognized Johnson's wife, Brenda, in a parking lot and handed her a CD that he and his friends recorded in his garage. Garrett sings lead and writes most of the lyrics. Alex and James write their guitar parts and Mike "just comes in on drums, like magic." Garrett said.

Brenda liked the CD so she gave it to her husband.

"Not bad for homemade," Johnson growled. "All you could hear was cymbals and vowels, but I said to myself, 'they've got something, something that needs to be nurtured.'"

Brenda Johnson had invited her nephews from Norway to visit for the holidays and thought it would be nice to have Garrett and the band come over and jam with them.

"But I didn't tell Brian," she said. "The kids came over and I said, 'you've only got one shot with Brian, but don't be nervous.' They were so sweet and respectful.

"They were great, so Brian went out and just started jamming with them."

Brian Johnson interjected: "I heard 'em, I liked 'em, but there is no jumping off place in Sarasota for a rock band.

"So I call my friend Duff, (Paul Duffy, owner of the Irish Rover), and I tell him, give 'em a chance,'" he added.

Duffy agreed, and Bad Sara packed the place. It was standing room only; children, teenagers and adults stood on chairs to see the boys play.

They opened with "Get to Me," and "My Way," both original compositions. The walls vibrated; the energy inside the Rover was palpable.

"I just kept thinking to myself, I can't believe we're really here," Alex said afterward. "I've been waiting for this moment all my life."

The band followed with songs by Nazareth, Black Crowes and Guns N' Roses.

Johnson was not the only well-known musician at the Rover: Donald "Duck" Dunn, an accomplished studio bass player who played with the original Blues Brothers Band and Skid Row guitarist Scotti Hill offered encouragement and musical support to the boys.

Out of the blue, with ultimate cheek, Alex launched into the opening chords of AC/DC's smash hit "Highway to Hell." Garrett decided to surprise Johnson by "covering a few of the songs that helped make Brian a rock legend."

Johnson, vibrating with excitement, could no longer contain himself. He jumped to his feet and joined the boys on stage for "Shook Me All Night Long" and "Thunderstruck."

"Not many people ever get the opportunity to do something like this. Scotti, Brian and Duck signed my guitar; I feel like I'm in a dream," Austin said. Austin intends to go to college while pursuing a musical career.

In addition to playing guitar, violin and keyboards, he is an honor roll student. "I took an engineering class, just as a fallback, but my dream is to be a professional musician."

Mike agreed. "I'm so psyched! I had fun and I made people feel good. What better career is there?" he said.

"I definitely want to go to college," he continued. "I get pretty good grades, but I really want to stick with my drums and play in a band."

Garrett, also an excellent student, feels strongly that he will make music his vocation.

"It's a dream to perform a duet with Brian; it's awesome, doesn't get any better," Garrett said. "It would be great to be a performer forever, but even if I'm not singing, I'll be in the business somewhere. I'll produce; I'll be a sound engineer."

Alex added, "It's the best feeling in the world. I just want to be a famous musician."

He is an honor roll student with three years' experience playing guitar and saxophone.

An afterthought from Garrett momentarily brought the night back down to earth: "Drum sets are expensive, so I really need to thank my Dad."

That is fucking awesome.   Ultimate respect. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Chief
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »

just saw this:

AC/DC Planning 'Farewell' Tour? - Mar. 28, 2008

XM's Boneyard/VH1 Classic host Eddie Trunk revealed a rumor on his "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM earlier tonight (Friday, March 28) that Australian hard rock legends AC/DC will embark on a "farewell" tour later in the year once the recording sessions for their new album have been completed.

AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams told Spinner.com last month that AC/DC would enter the studio March 1 to begin recording its first new album in eight years. The web site caught up with Williams at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp in Los Angeles, where he said, "God I'm ready."

As for touring, however, Williams was less sure about the group's intentions. He explained, "If we go out again or when we go out again, you just never know. We've been around a long time, so we're going to get together and get in the studio and I fully expect we will (tour). I don't mean to be so negative about that."

The band itself is now international, with members scattered across the globe. Malcolm and Angus Young divide their time between Britain and Australia (with Angus also spending time in the Netherlands because he has a Dutch wife). Singer Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams are based in the U.S., while drummer Phil Rudd lives in New Zealand.

Reports surfaced in January that AC/DC was nearly finished recording its next album, but a spokesperson for the band's Australian label, Albert Records, denied the story.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »

holy crap, according to billboard, back in black is 22 times platinum!!!! incredible!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/riaa/index.jsp

seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »

holy crap, according to billboard, back in black is 22 times platinum!!!! incredible!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/riaa/index.jsp

Justly so!!!

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Chief
Legend

« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »

more album news:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003788673

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson has confirmed reports that the band is recording its new album in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with producer Brendan O'Brien, best known for his work with PEARL JAM, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and more recently, AUDIOSLAVE and VELVET REVOLVER.

Speaking to the Los Angeles radio station 97.1 KLSX FREE FM, Johnson revealed that the band has been in the studio for about five weeks now and added, "We're working with Brendan O'Brien, [Bruce] Springsteen's producer, and he's a great guy. He knows exactly what we want, and so far, it sounds really good. I'm well pleased. This will be the first album in about eight years." Asked if the band would hit the road once the current recording sessions were complete, Johnson replied, "I would probably thinks so, yeah. I always hate to say yes in case something happens, but I really do think we will be out there ? everybody's enjoying being back together again and the buzz is still there and the excitement. Mal [Malcolm Young] and Ang [Angus Young] are still just electric on their guitars, and Phil's [Rudd] got the old magic on the drums and Cliff Williams is Mr. Reliable on bass ? he's brilliant ? and it's just been fun. It's like a bunch of old [friends] getting together again and having a great time."

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson has confirmed reports that the band is recording its new album in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with producer Brendan O'Brien, best known for his work with PEARL JAM, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and more recently, AUDIOSLAVE and VELVET REVOLVER.

Speaking to the Los Angeles radio station 97.1 KLSX FREE FM, Johnson revealed that the band has been in the studio for about five weeks now and added, "We're working with Brendan O'Brien, [Bruce] Springsteen's producer, and he's a great guy. He knows exactly what we want, and so far, it sounds really good. I'm well pleased. This will be the first album in about eight years." Asked if the band would hit the road once the current recording sessions were complete, Johnson replied, "I would probably thinks so, yeah. I always hate to say yes in case something happens, but I really do think we will be out there ? everybody's enjoying being back together again and the buzz is still there and the excitement. Mal [Malcolm Young] and Ang [Angus Young] are still just electric on their guitars, and Phil's [Rudd] got the old magic on the drums and Cliff Williams is Mr. Reliable on bass ? he's brilliant ? and it's just been fun. It's like a bunch of old [friends] getting together again and having a great time."

Can't wait. In 30+ years they have yet to disappoint. I hate that they get slammed for not branching out enough and people saying every album is the same. It's rock n roll at it's finest every time to me.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »

Speaking to the Los Angeles radio station 97.1 KLSX FREE FM, Johnson revealed that the band has been in the studio for about five weeks now and added, "We're working with Brendan O'Brien, [Bruce] Springsteen's producer, and he's a great guy. He knows exactly what we want, and so far, it sounds really good. I'm well pleased. This will be the first album in about eight years." Asked if the band would hit the road once the current recording sessions were complete, Johnson replied, "I would probably thinks so, yeah. I always hate to say yes in case something happens, but I really do think we will be out there — everybody's enjoying being back together again and the buzz is still there and the excitement. Mal [Malcolm Young] and Ang [Angus Young] are still just electric on their guitars, and Phil's [Rudd] got the old magic on the drums and Cliff Williams is Mr. Reliable on bass — he's brilliant — and it's just been fun. It's like a bunch of old [friends] getting together again and having a great time."

Can't wait. In 30+ years they have yet to disappoint. I hate that they get slammed for not branching out enough and people saying every album is the same. It's rock n roll at it's finest every time to me.

fuckin me too!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »

AC/DC: New Album Due 'Sometime Later This Year' - Apr. 18, 2008

AC/DC's official web site has been updated with the following message:
"The waiting is almost over! AC/DC fans can expect the band's next album of new material sometime later this year. The band are currently recording in Vancouver with producer Brendan O'Brien and longtime audio engineer Mike Fraser. This will be the band's first collection of new material since the release of 'Stiff Upper Lip' in 2000."

seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2008, 08:41:15 AM »

Can't wait, this is gonna rule!!!

It's quite a good year for music actually this year:

-New Judas Priest record
-New Metallica record
-New AC/DC record
-Hopefully, Chinese Democracy!!!

peace peace peace

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: