Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270184 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »

Can't wait, this is gonna rule!!!

It's quite a good year for music actually this year:

-New Judas Priest record
-New Metallica record
-New AC/DC record
-Hopefully, Chinese Democracy!!!

peace peace peace

Crue, too!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »

AC/DC Completes Recording New Album - Apr. 22, 2008 

AC/DC has finished recording its new album and is currently mixing the effort for a late 2008 release, the group's vocalist Brian Johnson revealed this morning (Tuesday, April 22) during an interview with Washigton D.C.'s DC 101 radio station. Johnson has apparently left the studio in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada where AC/DC guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young have remained with producers Mike Fraser and Brendan O'Brien in order to complete work on the CD. Brian also stated that the band will next work on getting the artwork done and take care of the promotional activities in connection with the release, to be followed by a tour.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »

AC/DC has finished recording its new album and is currently mixing the effort for a late 2008 release, the group's vocalist Brian Johnson revealed this morning (Tuesday, April 22) during an interview with Washigton D.C.'s DC 101 radio station. Johnson has apparently left the studio in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada where AC/DC guitarists Angus and Malcolm Young have remained with producers Mike Fraser and Brendan O'Brien in order to complete work on the CD. Brian also stated that the band will next work on getting the artwork done and take care of the promotional activities in connection with the release, to be followed by a tour.

Best part of the news!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so Excited!!  AC/DC is top 3 all time for me!  I am so pumped.  With the GNR new CD.  VR new singer maybe.  New AC/DC!  Wow
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »

out of the Bon Scott albums i think my favorite is the most under-rated album they did with him, Powerage.

Not as many songs off that one are recognized like the other albums more well known songs. Powerage is great, Highway to Hell is great too, but Powerage is just as much a classic to me, it just didnt have "the hits" you could say.

Anyone agree?

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »

^Rock 'N' Roll Damnation is one of my favourite AC/DC songs and Sin City is cool but I've never really got Powerage. Not that I think it's bad or anything it's only really the first half that stands out to me.

Dirty Deeds... on the other hand: Rocker, Big Balls, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin', Ride On... Quality. Cool

But that's me.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »

in one way, i kinda dont want ac/dc to release an Album yet, while Airbourne aren't complete ac/dc clones, as they are faster n harder, the similarities aren't deniable. They are doing pretty well and constantly getting bigger, id love to see a decent new rock band get somewhere in this day and age, and i think if ac/dc release a new album it will stunt their popularity growth.

Add to the fact i think Airbournes debut album captured the aggression and sleaze of younger ac/dc, the band haven't really done that since The Razors Edge.

Thoughts?

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:21 AM »

^Rock 'N' Roll Damnation is one of my favourite AC/DC songs and Sin City is cool but I've never really got Powerage. Not that I think it's bad or anything it's only really the first half that stands out to me.

Dirty Deeds... on the other hand: Rocker, Big Balls, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin', Ride On... Quality. Cool

But that's me.

Its a good album but i dont think AC/DC found their sound until after that album with High Voltage/TNT  or Let There Be Rock, whichever one came out first.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2008, 10:25:38 AM »

out of the Bon Scott albums i think my favorite is the most under-rated album they did with him, Powerage.

Not as many songs off that one are recognized like the other albums more well known songs. Powerage is great, Highway to Hell is great too, but Powerage is just as much a classic to me, it just didnt have "the hits" you could say.

Anyone agree?

Not only is it underrated, it's their best album, if you ask me.

in one way, i kinda dont want ac/dc to release an Album yet, while Airbourne aren't complete ac/dc clones, as they are faster n harder, the similarities aren't deniable. They are doing pretty well and constantly getting bigger, id love to see a decent new rock band get somewhere in this day and age, and i think if ac/dc release a new album it will stunt their popularity growth.

Add to the fact i think Airbournes debut album captured the aggression and sleaze of younger ac/dc, the band haven't really done that since The Razors Edge.

Thoughts?

I smell an opening act!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2008, 10:26:59 AM »

Anyone agree?

I agree. A lot of hardcore AC/DC fans rate that as their favourite album by the band. Down Payment Blues may be the best song they ever wrote.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2008, 04:41:30 PM »

This is gonna be one helluva year (assuming CD will see the light of day aswell). Excellent news indeed!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2008, 02:12:33 AM »

hmm, well i probably won't be getting this one then...

AC/DC To Sell New Album Exclusively Through Wal-Mart -

According to Reuters, Australian hard rock legends AC/DC will sell their new album only through Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the Wall Street Journal reported on its web site on Sunday, citing unnamed sources.

The AC/DC album is expected to come out in the fall, the paper reported. The follow-up to 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip" was recorded at a Vancouver, Canada studio with producers Brendan O'Brien and Mike Fraser. The disc will be AC/DC's first for Sony BMG's Epic Records label, which reissued the band's back catalog a few years ago.

O'Brien is also known for his work with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, PEARL JAM, AUDIOSLAVE and VELVET REVOLVER, among others.

VH1 Classic host Eddie Trunk recently revealed on his New York radio show that AC/DC was rumored to be planning a "farewell" tour for later in the year.

The band itself is now international, with members scattered across the globe. Malcolm and Angus Young divide their time between Britain and Australia (with Angus also spending time in the Netherlands because he has a Dutch wife). Singer Brian Johnson and bassist Cliff Williams are based in the U.S., while drummer Phil Rudd lives in New Zealand.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

AC/DC To Sell New Album Exclusively Through Wal-Mart

Ugh...really?

I suppose it doesn't matter much for Acca Dacca, since they never did much cursing that the pure souls of Wal-Mart would censor, but still...WAL-MART?  ONLY? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:38 AM »

guess i wont be buying ac/dcs new album then....I never shop at walmart
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:32 AM »

Paul Cashmere of Undercover News reports that legendary Australian hard rockers AC/DC have three titles that they are considering for for their upcoming album, including "Black Ice" (which is said to be "a frontrunner at the moment") and "Runaway Train".

Danny Keenan of AC/DC's Australian record label Albert Music told Undercover News that a decision on the CD title will be made in the next week.

Albert Music CEO Tim Prescott will head to New York for meetings over the AC/DC release next week.

Danny Keenan told Undercover News that he has heard half the album but did not hear a song called "Black Ice". If it is being used as a title track, then it may have been one of the later tracks recorded for the album.

AC/DC's first album in eight years is tentatively due in October and is expected to be followed by a world tour.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »

I've never even seen a Wal-Mart... What's the British equivalent? I'm sure Wal-Mart bought some supermarket over here...

Anyway, I'm not sure whether to believe that they'll only sell it through one particular store.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »

I've never even seen a Wal-Mart... What's the British equivalent? I'm sure Wal-Mart bought some supermarket over here...

Anyway, I'm not sure whether to believe that they'll only sell it through one particular store.

ASDA! ASDA PRICE *SLAPS POCKET WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE LOOSE CHANGE IN*

html sucks
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2008, 12:48:33 PM »

ASDA! ASDA PRICE *SLAPS POCKET WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO HAVE LOOSE CHANGE IN*

Ah yes, that's the one.

Very AC/DC.

dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up on this Airbourne band.   

I just downloaded their album from Amazon MP3 for $3.99.    A shame it's so short.  Very good.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up on this Airbourne band.   

I just downloaded their album from Amazon MP3 for $3.99.    A shame it's so short.  Very good.
you sure you got the right thing? its plenty of tracks each your average length?

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: