Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270202 times)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

I was on at 9:59, all set with my passcode and all signed up through TM.  The first seats that came up was sect. 86 (MSG) which isn't the greatest tix, but still purchased.  After I purchased it said sect. 11 which is the FUCKING BACK OF THE ARENA!!!!  WTF???  I'M SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!  I COULDN'T GIVE THESE TICKETS AWAY EVEN IF I COULD!!!!  SO NOW I PAID $40 FOR THE FANCLUB AND $214 FOR TIX I WON'T USE!!!!  NOW I HAVE TO GO  THRU A SCALPOR AND PAY UP!!!!  THIS SUCKS!!!!  IT'S THE  BIGGEST RIP-OFF EVER!!!!  I'VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT THIS SHOW FOR YEARS!!!!  THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR FANS!!!!  THIS SUCKS!!!!

yeah it sucks balls doesn't it. just like i said earlier. this is one membership i am not going to renew

That sucks, but you must have refreshed the page on TM, because once the seats come up, they are then "locked" to the purchase page. I think you screwed it up and section 11 aren't that great. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:27:03 PM by adman2374 » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2008, 04:55:15 PM »

if angus young is ever sick, buckethead can fill in for him, as angus is one of bucketheads influences to play guitar
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »

if angus young is ever sick, buckethead can fill in for him, as angus is one of bucketheads influences to play guitar

LOL.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

no im serious look it up its true one of bucketheads influences is angus young

here is the link for proof from the offcial site

http://www.bucketheadland.com/faq/faq2/FAQ_2_0.html#15
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:40:43 PM by GNRFAN20 » Logged
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »

I was on at 9:59, all set with my passcode and all signed up through TM.  The first seats that came up was sect. 86 (MSG) which isn't the greatest tix, but still purchased.  After I purchased it said sect. 11 which is the FUCKING BACK OF THE ARENA!!!!  WTF???  I'M SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!  I COULDN'T GIVE THESE TICKETS AWAY EVEN IF I COULD!!!!  SO NOW I PAID $40 FOR THE FANCLUB AND $214 FOR TIX I WON'T USE!!!!  NOW I HAVE TO GO  THRU A SCALPOR AND PAY UP!!!!  THIS SUCKS!!!!  IT'S THE  BIGGEST RIP-OFF EVER!!!!  I'VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT THIS SHOW FOR YEARS!!!!  THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR FANS!!!!  THIS SUCKS!!!!

Shit that does suck sorry to hear that hope you manage to get something better soon

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »

LOL.

yeah that made me laugh too
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »

War Machine is a good tune. Makes you really appreciate Angus' playing again.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

Fans responded enthusiastically to the first AC/DC world tour in eight years with 18 "Black Ice World Tour" concerts selling out in record time. Unprecedented fan response forced additional shows in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Oakland.

"Black Ice World Tour" ticket sales highlights include:

* Chicago's Allstate Arena concert sold out in minutes forcing the second show to go on sale, which also sold out over the weekend.
* Both Madison Square Garden concerts sold out in minutes.
* Vancouver's General Motors Place concert sold out in 4 minutes, a record for that venue.
* San Antonio fans purchased more tickets in one day for AC/DC than for any other artist in that market's history.
* Tickets for Toronto's Rogers Centre sold faster than any stadium concert in the venue's history.

"The tremendous fan response to AC/DC is evidenced by record breaking ticket sales this weekend," said Columbia Records co-Chairman Steve Barnett. "Along with the worldwide success of the 'No Bull' DVD re-release, it's obvious that fans are anxiously awaiting the October 20 release of the new album, 'Black Ice'."

"AC/DC's fans came out in force this weekend to get tickets to the band's upcoming 'Black Ice' tour," said David Marcus, Ticketmaster's senior vice president, Music. "A live AC/DC event promises to be a legendary rock show. We're glad Paperless Ticket helped fan club members and fans get tickets at face value for designated seats."

The "Black Ice World Tour" opens on October 28 at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The worldwide tour ? the band's first since 2001 ? promotes "Black Ice", AC/DC's latest studio album. "Black Ice" will be released on October 20 and sold in the U.S. exclusively at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and www.acdc.com. The album is currently available for pre-order at www.walmart.com and www.acdc.com.

Tickets to AC/DC's "Black Ice World Tour" are available through Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone, Ticketmaster retail outlets, or at ACDC.com. Specific market on sale dates and times are listed at Ticketmaster.com's AC/DC page. Fans ordering tickets through Ticketmaster.com will have an exclusive opportunity to pre-order AC/DC's "Black Ice" album in connection with their ticket purchase.

Additional appearances throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia, will be announced shortly.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2008, 07:52:42 AM »

If anyone other than Angus Young was playing lead guitar at an AC/DC show, they would get lynched.

Cool

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

AC/DC: North American Tour Extended - Sep. 30, 2008

According to Billboard.com, AC/DC has extended its "Black Ice" tour of North America into early 2009. New dates begin Dec. 20 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and run through Jan. 31 in Nashville.

Tickets begin going on sale Saturday (Oct. 4). Eighteen previously announced shows have already sold out, according to the band's label, Columbia.

Here are AC/DC's new tour dates:

Dec. 20 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
Dec. 21 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Jan. 05 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Jan. 07 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
Jan. 09 - Toronto, ONT - Rogers Centre
Jan. 11 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
Jan. 13 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
Jan. 15 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center
Jan. 17 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome
Jan. 19 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center
Jan. 21 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Jan. 23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Jan. 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
Jan. 28 - Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena
Jan. 30 - Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum
Jan. 31 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105873

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »

AC/DC comes exclusively to Rock Band beginning this November for the worldwide release of AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack by Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks. This exclusive deal with Columbia Records and AC/DC marks the first time ever the band has included an entire album for video game play, with 18 live tracks from their prolific live performances becoming available in one electrifying, standalone game. The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack allows players to experience this amazing set list with Rock Band, Rock Band 2 or other compatible music game peripherals. Full of the band's classic songs, the game will be available this November in the U.S. and throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand beginning in early December.

"When MTV first launched in 1981, we promised that people would 'never look at music the same way again' and, with Rock Band, we continue to fulfill this commitment," stated Paul DeGooyer, MTV's Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music. "We're excited to be part of AC/DC's and Columbia's global plan for the release of their new album, DVD and now, videogame. Being the first to present these revered songs in interactive form, exclusively on the Rock Band platform is a true honor. For those about to rock with the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack, we salute you!"

"AC/DC fans can now experience performing live, on stage with the band," said Columbia Records co-Chairman Steve Barnett. "An unforgettable concert is now an ultimate at-home entertainment experience with the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack."

AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will feature the master recordings from the best of the band's live performances. The live recording was specially remixed for Rock Band by Mike Fraser. The game features 18 tracks, with more than 99 minutes of game play for each instrument:

* "Thunderstruck"
* "Shoot to Thrill"
* "Back in Black"
* "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
* "Heatseeker"
* "Fire Your Guns"
* "Jailbreak"
* "The Jack"
* "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
* "Moneytalks"
* "Hells Bells"
* "High Voltage"
* "Whole Lotta Rosie"
* "You Shook Me All Night Long"
* "T.N.T."
* "Let There Be Rock"
* "Highway To Hell"
* "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

All tracks from the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available for play in Rock Band and Rock Band 2 by entering a special export authentication code for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system versions. As previously announced, AC/DC's anthem "Let There Be Rock" is featured in Rock Band 2 ? the first time the group has been included in a music-based video game.

The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will be available in the U.S. on November 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and on November 16 for Wii. Pricing for AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii is MSRP $39.88 and MSRP $29.88 for the PlayStation 2. The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available at most major retailers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand in early December on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and Wii.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:03 AM »

AC/DC comes exclusively to Rock Band beginning this November for the worldwide release of AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack by Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks. This exclusive deal with Columbia Records and AC/DC marks the first time ever the band has included an entire album for video game play, with 18 live tracks from their prolific live performances becoming available in one electrifying, standalone game. The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack allows players to experience this amazing set list with Rock Band, Rock Band 2 or other compatible music game peripherals. Full of the band's classic songs, the game will be available this November in the U.S. and throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand beginning in early December.

"When MTV first launched in 1981, we promised that people would 'never look at music the same way again' and, with Rock Band, we continue to fulfill this commitment," stated Paul DeGooyer, MTV's Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music. "We're excited to be part of AC/DC's and Columbia's global plan for the release of their new album, DVD and now, videogame. Being the first to present these revered songs in interactive form, exclusively on the Rock Band platform is a true honor. For those about to rock with the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack, we salute you!"

"AC/DC fans can now experience performing live, on stage with the band," said Columbia Records co-Chairman Steve Barnett. "An unforgettable concert is now an ultimate at-home entertainment experience with the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack."

AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will feature the master recordings from the best of the band's live performances. The live recording was specially remixed for Rock Band by Mike Fraser. The game features 18 tracks, with more than 99 minutes of game play for each instrument:

* "Thunderstruck"
* "Shoot to Thrill"
* "Back in Black"
* "Heatseeker"
* "Fire Your Guns"
* "Jailbreak"
* "The Jack"
* "Moneytalks"
* "Hells Bells"
* "High Voltage"
* "Whole Lotta Rosie"
* "T.N.T."
* "Let There Be Rock"
* "Highway To Hell"

All tracks from the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available for play in Rock Band and Rock Band 2 by entering a special export authentication code for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system versions. As previously announced, AC/DC's anthem "Let There Be Rock" is featured in Rock Band 2 ? the first time the group has been included in a music-based video game.

The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will be available in the U.S. on November 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and on November 16 for Wii. Pricing for AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii is MSRP $39.88 and MSRP $29.88 for the PlayStation 2. The AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available at most major retailers in Europe, Australia and New Zealand in early December on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and Wii.

How badass is that......  AC/DC's management is really doing a great job promoting the band! Listen to ESPN during football games, especially college.. You hear "Rock N Roll Train" nonstop!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2008, 01:50:58 AM »

* "Thunderstruck"
* "Shoot to Thrill"
* "Back in Black"
* "Heatseeker"
* "Fire Your Guns"
* "Jailbreak"
* "The Jack"
* "Moneytalks"
* "Hells Bells"
* "High Voltage"
* "Whole Lotta Rosie"
* "T.N.T."
* "Let There Be Rock"
* "Highway To Hell"

How badass is that......  AC/DC's management is really doing a great job promoting the band! Listen to ESPN during football games, especially college.. You hear "Rock N Roll Train" nonstop!

Especially when a tailback breaks free or you have a kickoff return for a TD.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »

A Review of Black Ice...

"Huge anticipation, but no one debates words like ?ambition? the way they do around Metallica. No, this is about making people happy for months on end (or not), pure and simple, about gleefully killing brain cells despite the stock market crash. And Black Ice is more than up to the task, thank the rock ?n? roll gods, doing more for the swagger of the world?s workers than any bank bailout (or pockets full of Prozac) will. As background, this is a band that is practically retired. Four studio albums in 18 years don?t cut it, making these guys more serial reformers than an ongoing act. That said, man, Black Ice sounds vital, reversing the tide on the small-ish, quaint blues permutations of the last two records, a problem plaguing doppelgangers Status Quo as well - since about 1977, I might add. No, AC/DC seemed to be taking solace in a sort of Zen-like origami work of interesting yet subdued southern rock for a while there. That still serves as an anchor here, although first thing one notices is the vibrant recording and the very electric guitars. And the quiet moments often explode into something bigger, as with ?Decibel? and ?Money Made?, which both stomp along to malevolent chord structures very red in the neck. And the title track is even better, the guitars managing to sound both dark and jangly, as the band pound away. ?Wheels? shakes things up with a Stonesy feel, Brian cawing along with a discomforting higher yet thinner range. His voice has for years sounded like it?s threatening to blow out, but now there?s some frequencies missing, just adding a different type of blow-out discomfort. In fact, he?s singing better than ever, but it sounds like he just might pop and disappear, if that makes any sense. Love the way the rhythm guitar tracks are pretty sophisticated throughout, how the riffs have more notes than usual. And o?er Malcolm?s inspiring crashing and reanimations, Angus is in there soloing violently mid-neck like a Billy Gibbons (who has to ? they are a trio), adding to the crunchy texture, rather than being conventional dog whistle overtop strummery. So yeah, one might decry the predictable verse/chorus structure of a whole bunch of these songs (of uniform length) in a row, but man, each on its own is pretty progressive for AC/DC. Indeed, through the weird southern rock-ness of the last two albums, they?ve arrived at a rarified ribfest place with this new obscure knowledge no one else has picked up on. Once there, they turn the guitars back up, punch up the drums, and Brian does more actual singing than one would expect given those tortured pipes. One could write volumes about the parallels to the other big album released approximately concurrently, Death Magnetic, with a possible criticism being that issuing a perfect, smart, self-aware album that reaches into the heart of what the band is about, is actually trite and not bold enough ? just ?accomplished.? But this record, if good, was going to get played by me way more than the excellent Metallica album. And I?m totally digging it, so those abstract arguments fly right out the window ? I?d like to be happy, thanks, and I?ll suppress misgivings to get there. Black Ice is track after track of fun time metal reflective of a maturity and a decades-long steeping of a sound that is beloved by upwards of hundreds of millions around the world (OK, if you count people now dead). There are some weird ones here I may not warm to however, such as the poppy ?Anything Goes?. And through no fault of itself in isolation, something like ?Big Jack? might fade due to similarity of its bits to bits all over the rest of the album. OK, to sum up (and get back to the headbang), this is an action-packed album, with riffs that seem to be the product of some thought, recorded loudly and electrically (let?s not get into the compression debate again). And finally, AC/DC have capitalized on the unsuccessful explorations into the swamp of their last two albums, Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip. They?ve found a way to grab hold of that alligator (Florida and Australia are the two main bases of these guys, right?) and add some sparks to the fight. As a result, Black Ice sounds alive and rhythmic, with new permutations track after track, most anthemic, and the rest, just sort of adding to the argument or the creative singularity of these guys being by far, the only band who sounds like this, now that Rhino Bucket and Angel City aren?t around."

ok
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2008, 01:01:19 AM »

I enclose some spare carriage returns here:

- End

Smiley

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »

Anyone heard the album yet?  I'm not saying there's a full leak, but an enterprising person might be able to find a link to a rapidshare DL of as many as 15 full tracks, free of malware and all the crap in the fake leaks from earlier in the year.  ok

An enterprising person might check DRaGONZDEN.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »

Anyone heard the album yet?  I'm not saying there's a full leak, but an enterprising person might be able to find a link to a rapidshare DL of as many as 15 full tracks, free of malware and all the crap in the fake leaks from earlier in the year.  ok

Well, how is it?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »

Well, how is it?

After one listen...me likey.

They do some Southern rock, believe it or not.  Interesting stuff.  I need to listen a few more times to really get it...been a while since we've had fifteen songs and almost a full hour of material.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »

Well, how is it?

They do some Southern rock, believe it or not.  Interesting stuff.  I need to listen a few more times to really get it...been a while since we've had fifteen songs and almost a full hour of material.

AC/DC is right up there with the Stones and GNR to me.  Ugh, should I download or is it worth the wait?  Its killing me. 
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »

Well, how is it?

AC/DC is right up there with the Stones and GNR to me.  Ugh, should I download or is it worth the wait?  Its killing me. 

I'll buy it as soon as it comes out, so it didn't bother me to hear it.  But some people like that anticipation.  Twenty days to go.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: