Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270248 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »

Damn, I didn't expect such a strong debut from just one store selling the albums, but kudos to AC/DC!  Another statistic that could be shared is that it took a year for their last album, Stiff Upper Lip, to hit platinum in the U.S., and they nearly broke that in one week with Black Ice!  Pretty impressive.
plus reformed bands seem to be doing better this side of the decade than earlier this decade.

id say most of that is owed to motley crue.

html sucks
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »

A lot is to do with the fact that Black Ice is a good album, wheras Stiff Upper Lip (and most preceeding it since For Those About To Rock, except The Razors Edge, are thoroughly average).  And, Hard Rock is starting to come back. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

Damn, I didn't expect such a strong debut from just one store selling the albums, but kudos to AC/DC!  Another statistic that could be shared is that it took a year for their last album, Stiff Upper Lip, to hit platinum in the U.S., and they nearly broke that in one week with Black Ice!  Pretty impressive.

Black Ice is a lot better.  Barring the generic corporate pop junk (and fans who listen to what MTV tells them to), for real music lovers, quality sells.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2008, 12:31:36 AM »

Anyone going tot he show in Philly on 11-17-08? I just got tickects tonight. Not the best tickets. Try to make the best of it.  beer

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #464 on: November 02, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »

AC/DC Drops From Top After One Week

by Paul Cashmere - November 2 2008

The AC/DC `Black Ice` dominance of the music charts was shirt lived. After one week, the AC/DC album has been bumped by Pink in Australia and Snow Patrol in Ireland.

?Black Ice? fell back to second spot in Australia making way for Pink?s ?Funhouse?.

In Ireland, the drop was more severe. It fell to number 4, behind Snow Patrol?s ?A Hundred Million Suns?, Pink ?Funhouse? and Celine Dion?s ?My Love?.

Coming in behind Celine is indeed ironic. Just this past year, her version of their song ?You Shook Me All Night Long? was voted the worst cover version of all time.

The English chart is the next major chart to be published. That will be out tomorrow.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6736

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #465 on: November 02, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

Going tomorrow! headbanger

beer

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #466 on: November 02, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

The AC/DC `Black Ice` dominance of the music charts was shirt lived. After one week, the AC/DC album has been bumped by Pink in Australia and Snow Patrol in Ireland.

?Black Ice? fell back to second spot in Australia making way for Pink?s ?Funhouse?.

In Ireland, the drop was more severe. It fell to number 4, behind Snow Patrol?s ?A Hundred Million Suns?, Pink ?Funhouse? and Celine Dion?s ?My Love?.

Coming in behind Celine is indeed ironic. Just this past year, her version of their song ?You Shook Me All Night Long? was voted the worst cover version of all time.

The English chart is the next major chart to be published. That will be out tomorrow.

poor guys, being out done by shite artists.

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #467 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:03 PM »

LOL you called them "artists."
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #468 on: November 02, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »

Black Ice is really a great one...I learned to love it real fast. Brian Johnson said somewhere the other day that this might be AC/DC?s last tour considering he?s 61 and at that age it?s really hard to be all over the place. The guy might be right, but I hope he?s not really serious!

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

LOL you called them "artists."
Good call.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:28 AM »

That.

Show.

Was.

Awesome.

headbanger

Oh, and by the way, they do have an opener, which comes on right about the exact time the show is scheduled to start.  Assuming it's the same in every city, the opener is The Answer, which is a bluesy rock band out of N. Ireland.  Mix Zeppelin, the Black Crowes, a heavy dose of blues, and a hint of gospel...that's The Answer.  It's a band I've enjoyed for a while now, and I highly recommend everyone to check out their first album, "Rise" (samples here: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Answer/Rise ).  And, if you suffer from early show bad acoustics, be sure to give them a chance somewhere OTHER than in an arena.

Anyway, AC/DC were stellar.  That might be the best show I've ever seen.  No spoilers from me.  Angus has more energy than I do, at twice my age, and he and Brian really know how to work a stage and give a great performance.  The new material fit in really well with the old.  Personally, I'd like one fewer new song and maybe something extra from Powerage, but that's me.  I will say a surprising highlight was "The Jack".  This was a pricey show, but I left fully satisfied.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #471 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:52 AM »

That's awesome dude, I'm super happy for you!

Thanks for the report!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #472 on: November 04, 2008, 01:10:49 AM »

That.

Show.

Was.

Awesome.

headbanger

Oh, and by the way, they do have an opener, which comes on right about the exact time the show is scheduled to start.  Assuming it's the same in every city, the opener is The Answer, which is a bluesy rock band out of N. Ireland.  Mix Zeppelin, the Black Crowes, a heavy dose of blues, and a hint of gospel...that's The Answer.  It's a band I've enjoyed for a while now, and I highly recommend everyone to check out their first album, "Rise" (samples here: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Answer/Rise ).  And, if you suffer from early show bad acoustics, be sure to give them a chance somewhere OTHER than in an arena.

Anyway, AC/DC were stellar.  That might be the best show I've ever seen.  No spoilers from me.  Angus has more energy than I do, at twice my age, and he and Brian really know how to work a stage and give a great performance.  The new material fit in really well with the old.  Personally, I'd like one fewer new song and maybe something extra from Powerage, but that's me.  I will say a surprising highlight was "The Jack".  This was a pricey show, but I left fully satisfied.   

Wow, that is awesome!  I am glad you had a great time.  I have seen AC/DC three times and every time I am blown away.  I hope to catch them in January.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »

Review from the Indy show (11/3)
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Time stands still for AC/DC

AC/DC played old songs with fresh energy Monday night at Conseco Fieldhouse, where a sell-out audience of 14,000 rallied around 2008?s biggest comeback in rock ?n? roll.

Guitarist Angus Young thrived in the feel-good atmosphere, executing a reverse duckwalk and modified moonwalk during a rendition of "Back in Black."

Slow-burn classic "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" elevated the intensity, thanks to the song?s tribal beat and menacing message.

"Back in Black" and "Dirty Deeds" were paired as the third and fourth songs of the show, although they could have served as a pulverizing encore.

Young starred throughout the two-hour performance.

His blues solo during "The Jack" was authentic enough to be enshrined. More impressively, he played it moments after an over-the-top striptease routine.

At age 53, Young ditched his velour schoolboy gear to the point of flashing boxer shorts decorated with a large "AC/DC" logo across the back.

In the arena?s balcony, "The Jack?s" various phases played well as a communal experience defined by plenty of fun.

Pre-concert attention focused on this part of the room, as every ticket in the house sold for $91.50. Seats in the balcony customarily are priced at a fraction of what?s closest to the stage.

Visually, video screens and a light-colored stage made it easy for people in the rafters to follow the action.

Regarding sound, the decelerated pace of "The Jack" cut into any echo. The crisp striking of drummer Phil Rudd was somewhat muddied, and there was no chance to understand the between-song banter of vocalist Brian Johnson.

At 61, Johnson continues to portray the ultimate pub rocker. A driver?s hat tops his slouched profile, and a smile punctuates every lyric.

From new album "Black Ice," "Big Jack" featured a two-word chorus that Johnson mocked as an easy sing-along.

"War Machine" delivered a grittier payoff complete with blood heard in Johnson?s voice, and the melodic pop of "Anything Goes" makes it the best of "Black Ice."

This tour, however, will be remembered for its revival of long-established tunes. "Shoot to Thrill" and "You Shook Me All Night Long," two highlights of 1980?s "Back in Black" album, found Young and Johnson flaunting their remarkable staying power.

And photos...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »

From the other night in Detroit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOWmp39Td7o
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »

Freedom, does Angus still go crazy during his solos?

(Going on his back, kicking and spinning around etc....)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »

Every so often.  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »

Every so often.  Grin

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »

Every so often.  Grin

With no spoilers, let me just say that Angus was a highlight unto himself.  You won't be disappointed.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #479 on: November 08, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

The show last night in Toronto was awesome! The Answer was a no show,something about border problems..I don't think anyone missed them. The beer was cold, the tunes rocked hard and an amazing time was had by all...well except for the two guys that tried to punch the shit out of each other in c-1 section Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: