Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 272759 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »

AC/DC concert shakes Munich neighbours all night long

A concert by heavy-metal rockers AC/DC in Munich on Friday drew over 100 noise complaints by irate neighbours, police reported Sunday.

Complaints came from as far as Unterhaching, a suburb almost 20 kilometers (12 miles) away from the stadium. Police said the neighbours complained about ?overly-loud music? that violated local noise ordinances.

The noise did not drive off Economy Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, who showed up at the concert with his wife, Stephanie, according to the daily Bild. The 37-year-old minister has admitted his love of heavy metal before and said that he?s been a fan of the Australian rockers since he was a teenager. Bild quoted Stephanie zu Guttenberg as saying that she had never been to an AC/DC show before, but was going because her husband was so excited to see the band.

The concert at the Olympic Stadium was attended 70,000 fans. Police said despite the noise, the concert was extremely calm. Four people were arrested for trying to get into the stadium with counterfeit tickets, otherwise there were no reports of brawling or rowdiness. Five fans without tickets also climbed a crane at a nearby building site in order to get a free peek from afar into the stadium.

God I love this band lol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:39 AM »

As Part of thier 2009 European tour; Thin Lizzy are very please to announce thay have just been confirmed as guests on the following AC/DC shows;

June 26th London Wembly
June 28th Ireland - Dublin
June 30th Scotland - Hampden

from www.thinlizzyonline.com

The Answer, Thin Lizzy & ACDC in 1 day  ok beer
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #522 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »

Tickets will be available for $99, or $149.90 for the best seats.

According to Undercover News, the final show in Perth is expected to be attended by late AC/DC singer Bon Scott's mother Isabelle.

Promoter Garry Van Egmond said the band gave specific instructions to keep prices reasonable.

"They want everybody to be able to afford it," he said. "They won't allow pre-sale selling ? it will be 9:00 a.m. on a Monday and the same for everyone, there is no preferential treatment."

Cool, more artists should be doing this kind of thing

Goin to the wembley gig in just over a month now, can't wait!  peace

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #523 on: May 24, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »

According to GoldCoast.com.au, Anglo-Australian rockers AC/DC have scheduled a second Brisbane show as part of their "Black Ice" Australian tour after tickets for the first show sold out in record time Monday morning (May 25).

Tickets for the first Brisbane show, at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre on February 25, went on sale through Ticketek at 11:00 a.m. Monday and sold out in 30 minutes. Meanwhile, the band's Subicao Oval gig in Perth on March 6 sold out Monday morning in 10 minutes flat.

Tickets are now on sale for a second Brisbane show at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Stadium on February 27. An additional Perth concert has been announced for March 8.

seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: June 27, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »

Was at the Wembley Stadium gig last night, utterly amazing, i was in the seating section, but still got a perfect view (And we all stood up anyway), the sound was brilliant, and the band were on fire, especially Angus. THey had evberything, the hells bell, the rock n' roll train, the rosie, the cannons, two massive devils horns at the top of the stage,  a massive podium in the middle of the stadium where angus rose up ffrom surrounded by pyros, it was unforgettable! Even bettered the show i saw by Iron Maiden last year at rwickenham

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

^What time did they come on??

Venturing into Glasgow to see them on Tuesday. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #526 on: June 27, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »

I was there last night too down the front left. I seriously doubt I will ever have a better 2 hours in my life.

They were on at half 8, Thin Lizzy didnt play and the awful Subways replaced them.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: June 28, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »

^God yeah, they sucked, and the singer was just such a tit
The Answer weren't too bad though

(\__/)
(O.o )

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #528 on: June 29, 2009, 04:23:20 AM »

Tomorrow for me!!!

cannot wait till then, I gotta work today though  Roll Eyes

reports from Wembly are that it was the best concert ever  Shocked

Youtube videos from Friday look utterly fantastic

not looking forward to the subways though, hope they switch the running order to them on first
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #529 on: June 29, 2009, 06:22:09 AM »

It was truely amazing, i thought Iron Maiden put on a great show, but AC/DC are something else altogether (though i prefer Maiden song-wise), you'll have a great fucking time buddy!

(\__/)
(O.o )

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #530 on: June 30, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »

Great show. Grin Had a pretty good spot, not that far from the stage. Was pretty nuts for the first 4 or 5 songs but people couldn't really keep it up. Tongue Speaking of which, how does Angus keep going like that for 2 hours every night at 54?? Incredible.

They played the 'Bonny' intro to Highway To Hell! Cheesy

The support acts weren't bad. I knew one of The Subways' songs (Rock & Roll Queen) but that was it. And I think the singer from The Answer told us to have a great weekend even though it was Tuesday. Tongue Perhaps I misheard...

And on a totally random but I-found-it-amusing note, leaving the stadium I saw a guy with a shirt that said "WHO THE F@#! IS EDDIE VAN HALEN?" on the back. hihi

There were fireworks afterwards. Don't know if it was because it's the last show of the European leg or if this has been a regular thing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:50:44 AM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: July 02, 2009, 08:02:37 AM »

Best concert ever  ok

what an atmosphere!

still kinda sore today and what a comedown to come back to work today  rofl

no point in going to anything ever again, it just won't be as good
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »

A few weeks before the big event, Gillett Entertainment Group has released approximately 3,000 more tickets for the highly anticipated AC/DC concert at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on August 8.

With over 50,000 tickets already sold, this will be the biggest show presented at the Olympic Stadium in the past decade.

With the release of these floor and side stage tickets, Gillett Entertainment Group hopes to satisfy the demand of as many fans as possible.

AC/DC made Forbes magazine's list of Top-Earning Musicians list of the year, with MADONNA, CELINE DION and BEYONC? taking the top three spots.

Says Forbes: "The Aussie rock band fronted by aging schoolboy Angus Young tied for No. 5 on this year's list of top earners thanks to their seemingly relentless popularity. Their fall 2008 effort, 'Black Ice', was the band's first album in eight years. Sales of 'Ice' combined with international catalog sales made AC/DC the No. 1 catalog artist of 2008. As well, their domestic tour grossed $38 million in 2008."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:28 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson admitted in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine that he has been considering retirement. "We were talking about the end of the tour and I said, 'We're finishing in May and that's me done!'" he says. "But Malcolm [Young, rhythm guitarist] said, 'What are you talkin' about? We're not gonna let you retire!' And now they're talking about next year. I'm going, 'What do you mean next year? We're finishing in May in Japan, I'll be tired!' And they said: 'Well, we've been offered some festivals?'"

The 61-year-old Johnson, who is scheduled to publish his autobiography "Rockers And Rollers" in October, insists that he remains fully committed to AC/DC, but says, "It's a tough one. It's not me ? it's just my age," he reveals. "I try to keep myself fit, and I love it being in this band. But it's not just me ? Cliff [Williams, bassist] is knocking on a bit more than the others. The other lads are in their early 50s. I'm the old dog in the regiment.

"It's a purely selfish thing. I don't want to look a prat if I try to push it too far. I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, 'Oh, poor old fucker, the band's carrying him!'"

Despite this, Johnson says he's feeling as good as he's ever done, and enjoying every moment on stage.

"We've been out on the road since September [2008], but it never gets boring," he says. "They're just the best rock band, and just to listen to them every night, it gets me. Every time they kick in, you think, What the fuck! You're on again and you're thinking, 'This is ridiculous! I'm still grooving!'"

seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #534 on: July 25, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »

to be honest, i don't think it'll be long before they finally do retire  Cry

(\__/)
(O.o )

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »

on my way to the show at Giants Stadium, in the pouring rain...awesome  beer
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #536 on: August 01, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »

Ye shall enjoy it. Grin

Actually, it was supposed to rain when they played Glasgow but it never did. In fact, it was quite warm. Suspiciously warm in fact....

With regards to retiring, hopefully it's just one of those things they talk about, but won't actually do for a while. They seem like they could go on forever..... Cheesy

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »

Ye shall enjoy it. Grin

Actually, it was supposed to rain when they played Glasgow but it never did. In fact, it was quite warm. Suspiciously warm in fact....

With regards to retiring, hopefully it's just one of those things they talk about, but won't actually do for a while. They seem like they could go on forever..... Cheesy

Think so? I hope thats the case...However Brian is 61, and I doubt his voice will holdup for 2 hours in a few years screaming like he does (mind you this tour he was singing alot more), and if you look at AC/DC's pattern...How old will they be by the time they do another album/tour? last few have been at least 5 years apart..Angus and Malcolm arent getting any younger to go out and perform at the level they are now...Dont get me wrong AC/Dc is my fav band and would love nothing more then to see them continue to tour into there 70's...but I think there just being realistic...and besides Brians into his racing alot right now..Hope they stick around though...Cant even imagine the music scene without the superbly consistent AC/DC beer

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »

At 61 years of age, Brian Johnson is worried he may not have what it takes to keep going.  Not that it matters though, he was planning on quitting anyway.  If the other guys in the band will let him.  He revealed, in an interview with Classic Rock magazine, that when he joined the band in 1980, he planned to do thirty years and retire from performing in 2010, but that he has been persuaded by his band mates to carry on until 2011 to fulfill some festival commitments.  In the interview Johnson says "we were talking about the end of the (current Black Ice) tour and I said, 'We're finishing in May (10) - and that's me done!'  But Malcolm (Young) said, 'What are you talk in' about? We're not gonna let you retire!'"

Dosent sound too promising if hes been planning this for 30 years lol...Hope they can persuade him into 1 more album...Black Ice was so great itd be a shame not to follow it up

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

AC/DC tacks on more 'Black Ice' dates

Rock legends AC/DC have tacked another show onto their in-progress "Black Ice World Tour."

Since last check, an Oct. 23 concert in Atlanta has been added to the schedule, which now hits 22 cities behind Saturday's (8/29) show in Vancouver and the final concert Nov. 19 in Orlando.

Tickets for the Atlanta show go on sale Saturday (8/29) via Ticketmaster. (LiveDaily is an operating unit of Ticketmaster Entertainment, which also owns Ticketmaster.)

AC/DC also has plans to perform in Mexico and Puerto Rico in November. Information about those performances can be found on the band's website.

Last month, the Australian rockers kicked off their North American outing behind last year's "Black Ice," the group's first new studio set in nearly a decade. The long-awaited album, which is only available via Walmart, Sam's Club and the band's website, debuted at No. 1 in 29 countries, including the US.

The "Black Ice World Tour," which AC/DC began last October, marks the band's first live shows in five years.

August 2009
29 - Vancouver, British Columbia - BC Place
31 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

September 2009
2 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion at San Jose
4 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
6 - San Diego, CA - San Diego Sports Arena
8 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

October 2009
1 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
3 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
6 - Louisville, KY - Freedom Hall
8 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
10 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
14 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
16 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
18 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
23 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena (on sale 8/29)
25 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
28 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena
30 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Arena

November 2009
2 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (on sale 9/19)
4 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center (on sale 8/22)
6 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
19 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: