Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270244 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2010, 01:29:54 AM »

Saw them Thursday night at ANZ stadium in Sydney, and for a bunch of guys in their 60's, they'd give alot of younger bands a run for their money.
They were pretty fuckin amazing, and talk about tight as well. These guys play the songs exactly how they sound on the albums.

Pretty awesome stage show as well, lots of props, pyro and explosions, and the intro sequence was really good too.

If you get a chance to see them play, do it! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #561 on: May 06, 2010, 06:25:40 AM »

quite a shrewd marketing ploy with ALL ACDC on the Iron Man 2 sound track

I'd reccomend you stump up the cash for the 2 disk version with the live tracks on disk 2 as most fans will have all the tunes on disk 1 already

Love a bit of the DC me  ok
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »

this week (25th) was the 30th anniversary of the album back in black.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »

Man, there really wasn't that much time between Bon dying, them hiring Brian and recording and releasing BIB (which then went on to be the second-highest-selling album ever).

Anyway, happy birthday Back In Black. beer Must listen to it again at some point.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #564 on: February 19, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson revealed in a new interview (see video below) with OversteetTV.net that the band's new live album, and accompanying concert video, will be released "in about six weeks." The set is expected to contain footage of AC/DC's three sold-out shows at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires on December 2, December 3 and December 6, 2009 (65,000 capacity each).

"We've got a new live album which we shot in Argentina at the end of the last tour, which was about September," Johnson said during the interview. "There was 300,000 people there, and it was just wonderful. We had about 12 cameras there and a great sound crew, and we just enjoyed the heck out of it.

"The live album comes out, with the video of those concerts, in about six weeks or something. So I'm looking forward to that."

He added, "After that, we haven't made any plans; we just wanted to have a rest, 'cause we were on the road for two years. We played in front of five million people. and we deserve a rest, I think. We're pretty pooped. I know that sounds horrible to people that work hard, but believe me, it is hard work."

Footage from AC/DC's Buenos Aires concerts was previously used in the video for the band's classic album cut "Shoot To Thrill", which served as the first single from AC/DC's "Iron Man 2" soundtrack (featuring catalog material from the mid-1970s onwards). The video also incorporated exclusive footage from "Iron Man 2".

The Buenos Aires concerts were part of AC/DC's highly acclaimed "Black Ice World Tour", the second-highest-grossing world tour of 2009, according to concert industry trade publication Pollstar.

AC/DC's setlist for the Buenos Aires concerts was as follows:

01. Rock N' Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
03. Back in Black
04. Big Jack
05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06. Shot Down In Flames
07. Thunderstruck
08. Black Ice
09. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
15. T.N.T.
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock

Encore:

18. Highway To Hell
19. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Awesome news cant wait

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #565 on: March 06, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »

According to ACDCZone.com and Amazon.com, AC/DC will release a new concert DVD, tentatively titled "Live At River Plate", documenting the band's massive "Black Ice" world tour. Shot with 32 cameras entirely in HD in December of 2009, the set marks AC/DC's triumphant return to Buenos Aires where nearly 200,000 fans, and three sold-out shows in December 2009, welcomed the band back after a 13-year absence from Argentina. This stunning live footage of AC/DC underscores what Argentina's Pagina 12 newspaper reported by saying "no one is on the same level when it comes to pure and clear rock and roll." Additionally, the DVD contains a bonus feature titled "The Fan, The Roadie, The Guitar Tech & The Meat", featuring interviews with AC/DC, their crew and fans among the excitement of the creation of the concerts and the city of Buenos Aires.

Track listing:

01. Rock N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
03. Back In Black
04. Big Jack
05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06. Shot Down In Flames
07. Thunderstruck
08. Black Ice
09. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
15. T.N.T.
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock
18. Highway To Hell
19. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Bonus features:

* The Fan, The Roadie, The Guitar Tech & The Meat
* AC/DC Tour Animation

According to OnSight.co.uk, after workflow planning for the three-day, 20-camera shoot, it was up to On Sight to make sure everything went smoothly. Axis Films took care of all HD cameras (including 15 REDs) as well as the production equipment. Axis Films also supplied DITs to manage all of the digital rushes produced during the three sold-out shows.

The seamless production was completed by the HD Lab who provided conform, online, mastering and deliverable services for Serpent Productions, who regularly work with some of the world's best-known artists.

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson said in a recent interview that the band has no immediate plans following the set's release, explaining, "We just want to have a rest, because we were on the road for two years. We played in front of five million people, and we deserve a rest."

Footage from AC/DC's Buenos Aires concerts was previously used in the video for the band's classic album cut "Shoot To Thrill", which served as the first single from AC/DC's "Iron Man 2" soundtrack (featuring catalog material from the mid-1970s onwards). The video also incorporated exclusive footage from "Iron Man 2".

The Buenos Aires concerts were part of AC/DC's highly acclaimed "Black Ice World Tour", the second-highest-grossing world tour of 2009, according to concert industry trade publication Pollstar.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:06:29 PM by Malcolm » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #566 on: May 11, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »

Rock Solid: AC/DC Stand Firm On Downloads

They are the last major act to refuse to sell their music on the internet but AC/DC are still insisting their songs will never be available to download.

Speaking at the world premiere of their new concert film in London, the band?s guitarist Angus Young said he refuses to sanction allowing individual tracks to be downloaded because their songs should be heard as part of a full album.

He told Sky News: "I know the Beatles have changed but we?re going to carry on like that.

"For us it?s the best way. We are a band who started off with albums and that?s how we?ve always been.

"We always were a band that if you heard something (by AC/DC) on the radio, well, that?s only three minutes. Usually the best tracks were on the albums."

Speaking to Sky News Johnson denied he was thinking of hanging up his legendary flat cap and quitting.

?No, never. Not as long as I can still walk and sing. I should think we?ll be back absolutely.

?We?ll definitely be back,? added Angus, who confirmed they are working on a new album but admitted he had no idea how they could top the Black Ice tour, which sold 5.1m tickets and grossed an estimated $477m.

"We?ll just keep at it and next time we?ll try to do it bigger and better."

Skynews.com
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:24:09 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #567 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »

I know they have been playing the same music for the last 30 years, but damn, this live DVD is insane. Apart from the fast editing, the band is in the top of their game!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »

I know they have been playing the same music for the last 30 years, but damn, this live DVD is insane. Apart from the fast editing, the band is in the top of their game!

Agreed, what woulda been nice, is over those 3 shows if they hada added an extra tune or two we hadnt heard in awhile to spice up the tracklisting, but crowd is amazing, and angus still blows me away that he can move like that at the age of 56...love the dvd though and change of heart about doing another tour

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #569 on: May 13, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »

AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young has confirmed to Classic Rock magazine that the band is working on the follow-up to 2008's "Black Ice". But he said fans will likely have to wait longer than expected, after singer Brian Johnson suggested there would be new material next year.

"You know what Brian's like. He just says things and then walks away," Malcolm said. "It'll be a little while ? a year or two anyway.

He added, "I've been doing some jamming on some song ideas but I do that all the time, as do the rest of the band. We are still working. But we had a long rest between 'Stiff Upper Lip' and 'Black Ice', so I think we need a couple of years to recuperate and work on it a bit more."

During a January 2012 appearance on "The Cowhead Show", the American radio program hosted by Mike "Cowhead" Calta, Johnson revealed that health issues were affecting one of his bandmates, which may have put new album plans temporarily on hold. "One of the boys is a little sick and I can't say anything, but he's getting better," Brian said. "He's doing wonderful. Full recovery fully expected."

The singer added, "It's a wonderful thing when we get in a room. Whenever the boys get back together, I get all excited. The boys, after a while, pick the guitars up, Phil [Rudd] will make his way to the drums, Cliff [Williams] will pull his bass out and then all of a sudden this noise comes out and I sit there with just this big old grin on my face."

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »

AC/DC hoping to celebrate 40th anniversary with 40 shows.

Rock legends AC/DC will celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2014 by performing 40 shows around the world, while recording their first new album in five years. Frontman Brian Johnson has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to enter a studio in Vancouver, Canada, in May.

Calling in to Florida DJ Andy Preston's 98.7 The Gater radio show on Friday, Johnson told the radio personality the band has been keeping a low profile of late because one member was ill.

Johnson explained, "One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn't like to say anything, and we're very private about things like this, so we didn't wanna say anything. And he's a very proud man. But I think we'll be going into the studio in May."

He added, "It's been 40 years of the band's existence, so I think we're gonna try to do 40 gigs, 40 shows, to thank the fans for their undying loyalty. I mean, honestly, our fans are just the best in the world, and we appreciate every one of them. So, like I said, we'll have to go out, even though we're getting a bit long in the tooth."

source: http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=852744&gt1=28101

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #571 on: February 22, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »

AC/DC hoping to celebrate 40th anniversary with 40 shows.

Rock legends AC/DC will celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2014 by performing 40 shows around the world, while recording their first new album in five years. Frontman Brian Johnson has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to enter a studio in Vancouver, Canada, in May.

Calling in to Florida DJ Andy Preston's 98.7 The Gater radio show on Friday, Johnson told the radio personality the band has been keeping a low profile of late because one member was ill.

Johnson explained, "One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn't like to say anything, and we're very private about things like this, so we didn't wanna say anything. And he's a very proud man. But I think we'll be going into the studio in May."

He added, "It's been 40 years of the band's existence, so I think we're gonna try to do 40 gigs, 40 shows, to thank the fans for their undying loyalty. I mean, honestly, our fans are just the best in the world, and we appreciate every one of them. So, like I said, we'll have to go out, even though we're getting a bit long in the tooth."

source: http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=852744&gt1=28101
Hellyeah! ok

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
overmatik
« Reply #572 on: April 15, 2014, 09:06:10 AM »

Fans hope for the best as rumours swirl about Malcolm Young?s health and AC/DC?s future

MUSIC fans are waiting for rock band AC/DC to confirm or deny the latest rumours over their future. Whispers surfaced this morning that the band?s 40th anniversary tour may be axed due to the health of one member, with some suggesting guitarist Malcolm Young may be unwell.

The band?s publicist has yet to comment and there has been no official statement from the notoriously private band on the new retirement speculation. Showbiz commentator Peter Ford tweeted ?there was some sad detail? behind the rumoured decision.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/fans-hope-for-the-best-as-rumours-swirl-about-malcolm-youngs-health-and-acdcs-future/story-e6frfmq9-1226884658411

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: April 16, 2014, 10:23:23 AM »

Here's the band's statement posted on FB:

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group?s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family?s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #574 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:59 PM »

Here's the band's statement posted on FB:

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group?s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family?s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.

Sad
I hope he gets well soon.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #575 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

Awful news. Little brother Angus may get the limelight, but Malc's riffing has always been the guts of AC/DC.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #576 on: April 16, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »

Awful news. Little brother Angus may get the limelight, but Malc's riffing has always been the guts of AC/DC.

Absolutely.  Angus has always said it's been Malcolm's band since day 1.  Hope he gets well soon.   peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #577 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »

Legendary Anglo-Australian hard rockers AC/DC have completed work on their new studio album, due later in the year. The group's lead singer Brian Johnson revealed to TeamRock Radio earlier today that he and his bandmates have toyed with the idea of calling the CD "Man Down" in reference to guitarist Malcolm Young's health problems which have forced him to take a break from AC/DC.

AC/DC's new effort was laid down over a series of recording sessions with producer Brendan O'Brien in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. "It was brilliant over there," Johnson said.

"We're done. I'm very excited and we've got some great songs.

"I wanted to call the album 'Man Down'. But it's a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-completes-work-on-new-album-considers-man-down-as-possible-title/#AtPbMzm5DjyPi8CV.99

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »

Sad day for rock n' roll...

AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young retires from band

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/acdc-to-release-new-album-rock-or-bust-as-guitarist-malcolm-young-retires-from-band/story-e6frfmq9-1227069572711
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »

Really sad... he can't be in good shape for this to occur..

I have never seen AC DC ... which I certainly will correct if they tour this fall

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: