Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official AC/DC Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official AC/DC Thread  (Read 270259 times)
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2004, 06:52:58 AM »

Are there any AC/DC fans here. What I'am looking for is a few live shows on cdr. Maybe someone knows a site/sites of AC/DC traders. Someone in Europe would be best.

Cheers!
 beer ok
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2004, 11:09:24 AM »

Huge Ac/Dc fan man...dont live in europe and dont have any shows for you though lol sry man

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2004, 11:25:22 AM »

Definetely AC/DC fan! why don't you try out DC++ or something else. I believe you can find thoso shows from there..
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2004, 03:20:03 PM »

Hi Dizzy,
I sent you a PM, talk to you soon!

Cheers! beer ok
Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2004, 05:12:24 AM »

I'm a huge AC/DC fan, I have lots of bootlegs in my collection (all are LOSSLESS) and I'm very willing to trade to AC/DC, GN'R or Velvet Revolver. You can see my bootlegs from my website:

www.downpaymentblues.tk

I haven't updated them in a couple months, but I'm doing that right now so soon there will be 20-30 bootlegs more.

My trading page: www.downpaymentblues.tk

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2004, 05:30:26 AM »

There was a version of "Can I Sit Next to you Girl" which featured Dave Evans on vocals. ?But they only recorded a few songs with him in 1973, before Bon took over in 1974

No, this song wasn't recorded in 1973, it was january 1974. There was a few tracks recorded, but only 2 song out of this recording session saw the light when the Can I Sit Next To You Girl / Rockin' In The Parlour 7" was released in Australia and New Zealand. There was a promo video recorded for Can I Sit Next To You Girl too.

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2004, 06:03:08 PM »

Stiff upper lip and ballbreaker were huge disappointments for me personally. Still one of my favorite groups of all time tho, Gotta love ACDC. However I am not too optimistic for the new record to be all that great. I mean everything they did with Bon is fucking awesome!! I mean every song! But during the brian Johnson years Back In Black (one of the greatest albums ever) and the razors edge are the only really good shit they have done in my opinion.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2004, 07:34:57 PM »

Stiff upper lip and ballbreaker were huge disappointments for me personally. Still one of my favorite groups of all time tho, Gotta love ACDC. However I am not too optimistic for the new record to be all that great. I mean everything they did with Bon is fucking awesome!! I mean every song! But during the brian Johnson years Back In Black (one of the greatest albums ever) and the razors edge are the only really good shit they have done in my opinion.
What about Fly On The Wall?!?!  That album rules!  And the live album rocks as well.  And Blow Up Your Video isn't bad.

But I do agree that the Bon Scott era was better.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2004, 09:14:41 PM »

I have both of those albums and to me they are good..but not great like BIB, TRE and everything with bon.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2004, 09:22:56 PM »

Stiff Upper Lip was an amazing cd...every single tune kicked ass

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dizzy
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2004, 09:44:34 PM »

What about Fly On The Wall?!?!? That album rules!? And the live album rocks as well.? And Blow Up Your Video isn't bad.

Indeed, both Fly on the Wall and Blow Up Your Video are really good albums.

But I do agree that the Bon Scott era was better.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, and I definitely disagree with Wheres Izzy that every song they did with Bon was great.  I think Bon was a better lyricist, but Brian is a better vocalist.? Brian owned Back in Black; that album wouldn't have been half as good with Bon on vocals.

I think the two AC/DC eras are about par for one another.? Both eras produced good albums and disappointing albums.? Flick of the Switch (1983) was the biggest disappointment from the Brian Johnson era.? Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976, with Bon) was a big disappointment as an overall album.? The title song was a classic, but beyond that, the album really lacks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 09:47:58 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2004, 09:59:29 PM »

HUGE oversight Dizzy, Dirty Deeds also has Big Balls.
I just prefer Bons voice to Brians, has more personality. And for some reason even besides the vocals I just prefer alot of the stuff they did with Bon over the stuff with brian.

Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2004, 03:34:06 AM »

Brian owned Back in Black; that album wouldn't have been half as good with Bon on vocals.

Everyone has their own opinions, but just think of Highway To Hell, and imagine what the next album would've been like!

Both eras produced good albums and disappointing albums.

Well maybe, if there even are disappointments, are Fly On The Wall, Blow Up Your Video and The Razors Edge. Those are maybe the least best, but they still are fucking great albums.

Flick of the Switch (1983) was the biggest disappointment from the Brian Johnson era.

Flick Of The Switch is such a fucking great album, it comes close to BIB if talking about Brian-era.

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976, with Bon) was a big disappointment as an overall album.? The title song was a classic, but beyond that, the album really lacks.

This was a funny one? hihi Ride On? Ain't No Fun? Jailbreak? Rock In Peace? Problem Child? Squaler? Full of classics.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 09:58:52 AM by Sl?sh » Logged

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2004, 09:56:15 AM »

"Jailbreak" was not on Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Jailbreak IS on Dirty Deeds. Track 5 on B-side, last track of the album.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:00:56 AM by Sl?sh » Logged

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2004, 07:47:32 PM »

I totally agree Dizzy, FLOTS and DDDDC (wow, a lot of D's) are the weakest albums.  There's only about three good tracks on Dirty Deeds, and I never really listen to Flick... that much.

Brian definitely has a better rock voice (Shake A Leg!) but Bon's got a sort of "i don't give a fuck" charm to him.  And his lyrics are brilliant.

But why argue, both singers kick ass, and every album is brutal rhythm and blues.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2004, 10:05:36 PM »

problem child is a good song

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2004, 12:37:38 AM »

It isn't on the American CD release (the one I have).? '74 Jailbreak (released in the U.S. in 1984) is the American CD with that song.

The original aussie pressing is what I call the real Dirty Deeds, too bad the worldwide CD-collection has the American-version, which is missing great tracks such as Jailbreak and Rock In Peace. Still a great album, no matter what pressing it is.

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2004, 08:54:47 AM »

AC/DC frontman BRIAN JOHNSON is thrilled to hear his group's rock music is helping US and British troops terrorise enemies around the globe. The heavy rock band's music is a favourite of soldiers stationed in Iraq and other trouble spots - and he's delighted to hear it's often used to punish the opposition. He says, "Back when the (US) Army had (General Manuel) Noriega surrounded (in Panama), they used our music to drive him f**king nuts. "More recently, they used it to disorient a group of insurgents in Baghdad, like some crazy weapon of deaf and destruction." And Johnson has also heard how songs like 'Hell's Bells' and 'Back In Black' are used to locate lost troops. He adds, "In Somalia, this helicopter pilot was in prison with a broken spine, and his squad couldn't find him. But they knew he was a fanatic for 'Hell's Bells', so to locate him they flew down blaring it from their 'copter. He heard it and dragged himself to a window to signal them."

Great to see they've found something useful to do with this rednecks bands music, using music to locate your troops, hell for me it would be worth going missing just so they could blast out Monster Magnet or Guns N' Roses to find me.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2004, 05:39:15 PM »

I like Blink 182,

Fuck it.

I don't like AC/DC but even I can tell they are a million times better than 'Blink 182'.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2004, 08:37:57 PM »

I was in Borders the other day I picked up AC/DC - Back In Black up and I previewed it, but it wasn't the back in black album although it did have songs have the back in black it was all re-mixed and sorta sounded techno as well I just wanna know what album is it, its been annoying me for days now can somebody help me lol thanks

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: