Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 146647 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »

If you take your reading of this sentence then the line about the album being out as shortly thereafter as possible makes no sense, because wouldnt it mean that the "concrete" date doesnt matter since itll be out as soon as possible regardless of this concrete date?

the line can be read as there won't be long wait after the announcement, ie
the announcement won't be made too much ahead of the release.  hihi

Yeah I did take the points you say into account,
but do you really think he meant they'd tell us as how they have no official date?

If they don't have a concrete date by the tentative date, I guess, that will be the case.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:23:16 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2007, 12:33:38 PM »

If you take your reading of this sentence then the line about the album being out as shortly thereafter as possible makes no sense, because wouldnt it mean that the "concrete" date doesnt matter since itll be out as soon as possible regardless of this concrete date?

the announcement won't be made too much ahead of the release.? hihi

but do you really think he meant they'd tell us as how they have no official date?If they don't have a concrete date by the tentative date, I guess, that will be the case.

ok

but your last sentence doesnt necasarily figure does it? if they dont have a solid date by the tentative date, then they will still keep quiet til they have a solid date, so there will be no need to tell us that they dont have an official date...?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:37:45 PM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »

Even though nothing seems to go right/nomal in Axl's world.

So true, why do you think  that  is?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »

the announcement won't be made too much ahead of the release.  hihi

but do you really think he meant they'd tell us as how they have no official date?If they don't have a concrete date by the tentative date, I guess, that will be the case.

ok

but your last sentence doesnt necasarily figure does it? if they dont have a solid date by the tentative date, then they will still keep quiet til they have a solid date, so there will be no need to tell us that they dont have an official date...?

So true there will be no need.  yes
still maybe he/they voluntarily will depending on the situation. To my mind, axl seems rather conscientious.
Some ambiguity allows him to be equal to the occasion.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »

We have had rumours about release dates for years now, some of them have obviously been bullshit but the others had to start somewhere and have some truth to them. At the end of the day its going to be the record company, in this case Universal who set the release date, they have probably had Axl/management/whoever's word numerous times about so and so release date and nothing has ever come of anything. So basically if its not finished and by finished i mean everything to do with the recording process, including mixing and mastering (there have been too many rumours saying its not: recording studio in NY for 2 months, new mixers/masterer etc) and physically in Universals hands then Axl cant give us a release date - because Universal are the ones who will give Axl a release date not the other way round! Thats why the original date was tentative because at the end of the day both Axl and the record company have to reach a compromise, he cant just say i want this out then because they probably wont speak to him unless their execs have it sitting on their desks!

Everyone on here is bitching at Axl for something that he cant give us yet - thats whats going on here, in my opinion!

Jonx
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »

I except new Axl letter in next ten days

I have never seen so many tree
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1026 on: February 20, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »

I think Bumblefoot said pretty much what I've been trying to say for a while, but not too many of you seem to get it:

If it doesn't happen on that date, we've done everything possible to make it possibly happen and it's just waiting on other schedules and things to make it happen.

Bumblefoot on Eddie Trunk's Boneyard XM show, Feb 19 2007

This isn't a statement from the band, Bumblefoot just explained how the process actually works.

So try to understand that the release isn't just up to the band or Axl.

They write and record the album, but it's other people who'll make it available for us in record stores.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:47:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2007, 02:49:37 PM »

Even though nothing seems to go right/nomal in Axl's world.

So true, why do you think  that  is?

Bad Karma. I heard Axl Kicked a puppy once.
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: February 20, 2007, 02:53:24 PM »

but, wouldn't it be nice if the band confirmed that? it would take as long as i took to post this

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1029 on: February 20, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

but, wouldn't it be nice if the band confirmed that? it would take as long as i took to post this

Thats why Axl said tentative, the album has to go into the corporate monster before we get it, that is yet to happen!

Jonx
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: February 20, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »

They write and record the album, but it's other people who'll make it available for us in record stores.

yeah... but first the band and axl have to finish recording the album.  after that, it`s other people?s turn.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1031 on: February 20, 2007, 03:24:12 PM »

yeah... but first the band and axl have to finish recording the album.  after that, it`s other people?s turn.....

You obviously don't follow what's been rumored recently....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: February 20, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »

/jarmo

i usually follow rumours way too much hihi

so what`s up?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: February 20, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »

yeah... but first the band and axl have to finish recording the album.? after that, it`s other people?s turn.....

/jarmo

so what`s up?

That it's finished, according to Axl himself.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
madagas
« Reply #1034 on: February 20, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »

and when did Axl say it was finished??? Huh
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1035 on: February 20, 2007, 03:45:08 PM »

yeah... but first the band and axl have to finish recording the album.? after that, it`s other people?s turn.....

/jarmo

so what`s up?

That it's finished, according to Axl himself.

OK, i too feel im missing something now, but i havent listened to the bbf interview yet. Has Axl actually said its done?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1036 on: February 20, 2007, 03:58:28 PM »

I think the whole thread has become bullshit! C'mon; Why is it only in GN'R world so difficult to release a new album!?? GN'R was one of the biggest and best rockbands out there and now it has turned into one big sad joke.
I will be glad if the album will ever see the daylight, but I'm already stopped waiting for it for the last 7 years.
I don't believe any release date, even not when Axl says it in a open letter. My boss on my works says: "seeing is believing": well the fucker is right. I will believe CD is comming out, when there is an official release date, a single/video and or some promotional stuff for it.

It's fucking hard to be a GN'R fan! I think each day there are less....

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1037 on: February 20, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »

I think Bumblefoot said pretty much what I've been trying to say for a while, but not too many of you seem to get it:

If it doesn't happen on that date, we've done everything possible to make it possibly happen and it's just waiting on other schedules and things to make it happen.

Bumblefoot on Eddie Trunk's Boneyard XM show, Feb 19 2007

This isn't a statement from the band, Bumblefoot just explained how the process actually works.

/jarmo

I think all people really really want to hear is that its in the record company's hands i.e. no more recording, remixes or lawsuits to get in the way.

Here today...ready to rock
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1038 on: February 20, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »

Oh please will somebody tell me whats going on, is there any news that is reliable from anywhere?
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #1039 on: February 20, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »

Oh please will somebody tell me whats going on, is there any news that is reliable from anywhere?

if there was we'd probably already have a half a dozen page long thread by now hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: