Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you believe in god? Why?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god? Why?  (Read 27886 times)
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »

i guess u can say im neutral. i dont believe in it, it really is bullshit, but i could be possible idk. i dont believe in it

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:43 PM »

Even if you do, even if you don't you still should write it with a capital "G"

I've always typed it in lower case, based on the grounds that I don't believe in such a thing. I also type "troll", "pixie" and "yeti" in lower case.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »

Even if you do, even if you don't you still should write it with a capital "G"

I've always typed it in lower case, based on the grounds that I don't believe in such a thing. I also type "troll", "pixie" and "yeti" in lower case.

u just pwned MadmanDan..

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2007, 08:06:26 PM »

Short answer? Yep,  I do.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »

god is a concept...for which we measure our pain.

I'll say it again.

god it a concept...for which we measure our pain

That Mr. Lennon guy once sang a little diddy about that.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

there is such thing as a search function

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=20573.0

and if you read the rules found here you would know to search for the topic first.

Check out the Search function
If you're about to ask about some older event, you might want to try the search function before posting a new topic. Same thing if you found an old news article, see if it has been posted first. If it hasn't you can post it

just because your new dont mean it has not been covered and beat to death over the last years that you were not here........ i took my licks for it with my first thread just happened to be a mods thread.... the what are you reading now thread....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »

No and I never will.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »

I am both a pope and a saint in the Discordian church.  So are all of you, even though you may not know it.

And in response to the whole thing of "God" or "god" being correct, it's capitalized if you're using it as a proper name.  If making reference to the gods, a god, or a non-specific one, it's lower case.  Same thing on like saying mom or dad.  If you say "Is your my mom home?" it's lower case.  If you say "Is Mom home?" it's capitalized.  The first is just a noun, the second is a proper noun.  Hard to understand for some, but to me it's perfectly obvious and makes sense.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:02 AM »

Roll Eyes

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »

I am both a pope and a saint in the Discordian church.  So are all of you, even though you may not know it.

And in response to the whole thing of "God" or "god" being correct, it's capitalized if you're using it as a proper name.  If making reference to the gods, a god, or a non-specific one, it's lower case.  Same thing on like saying mom or dad.  If you say "Is your my mom home?" it's lower case.  If you say "Is Mom home?" it's capitalized.  The first is just a noun, the second is a proper noun.  Hard to understand for some, but to me it's perfectly obvious and makes sense.

No way...I'm a determinist.

And I agree about the spelling stuff.  Now i Need A Beer.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »

Well, if you say 'no', you run the risk of getting on his bad side if it turns out he really does exist.? So, uh, yeah, I believe in the big guy (or gal or whatever else).? Cheesy

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »

Well, if you say 'no', you run the risk of getting on his bad side if it turns out he really does exist.  So, uh, yeah, I believe in the big guy (or gal or whatever else).  Cheesy

God prefers to be informally referred to as "The Big Neuter."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »

Well, if you say 'no', you run the risk of getting on his bad side if it turns out he really does exist.  So, uh, yeah, I believe in the big guy (or gal or whatever else).  Cheesy

We could call that GeorgeSteele's wager, next you need to invent a triangle.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »

Well, if you say 'no', you run the risk of getting on his bad side if it turns out he really does exist.? So, uh, yeah, I believe in the big guy (or gal or whatever else).? Cheesy

If not for Google, your post would have had my head spinning for days.  Now I'm just depressed because it turns out Pascal didn't think through the possibility of believing in the wrong God (guess what? I didn't either).  Maybe I should just worship Al Gore for inventing the all-knowing, all-powerful Internet.

nervous
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

Ok how about this.

In the bible I think there is a phrase, in the 10 commendments?

"Thou shalt not kill"

If this is a direct "order" from the god, do you think that people who have broken this, (killed other people) are forgiven this sin and have been given access to heaven?

yes
because if they believe and are truely sorry for there sin they are forgivin, because Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins we are forgivin through him.

I believe in God because you can't just say, imo, that we are here just by 1:1billionth chance that the big bang happened, if it would have happened either way by less than the width of your hair then we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

Now think abou this there was a "big Bang" right? well a big bang implies light and in the beginning of the Bible God says "let there be light" that i think was the "big bang".

I believe that God created man kind because even though child birth is explained quite detailed through science its still a miracle. A miracle from God if you ask me.

as a teenager i like church i know that wierd for my age (maybe idk) but when you go to church you feel clean and pure like you just got out of the shower and plus the paster tells a story about Jesus (around this time a year because its lent or easter) and then you get a drink a wine and cracker and then ya go home Smiley

i think that you can believe what ever you want because thats your choice you can't get any one to believe unless they want to and you can't make them see that they have to see it for them selves. And beeings you have that freedom to believe in what ever you want i think its wrong to emplore your religion on some one else.( thats why i can't stand mormans Wink well......just dont like them ) its cool if you wanna share your thoughts with others like what we're doing hear but if it gets to the point where you are annoying or getting annoyed you need to say something cause thats going against your rights as a human.

and dont say "well what kinda God would allow this or that or blah blah blah blah blah rant " dont do that cause God made us and knows what we are capable of. He knows that we aren't prefect thats why he sent is son from Heaven, Jesus, to die for us on the cross.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

If not for Google, your post would have had my head spinning for days.  Now I'm just depressed because it turns out Pascal didn't think through the possibility of believing in the wrong God (guess what? I didn't either). 
 nervous

ha.....anyway, here's a question I've thought about recently. Who thinks belief or non-belief is a choice (as so often it is described in terms of religion.) Much as I'd love the idea of spending a blissful eternity with everyone I love, there is absolutely no way I can 'choose' to believe anything about Christianity (or any other religion.) It's not that I don't want to but I can't believe....it's not a choice.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2007, 05:47:33 PM »

If not for Google, your post would have had my head spinning for days.? Now I'm just depressed because it turns out Pascal didn't think through the possibility of believing in the wrong God (guess what? I didn't either).?
 nervous

ha.....anyway, here's a question I've thought about recently. Who thinks belief or non-belief is a choice (as so often it is described in terms of religion.) Much as I'd love the idea of spending a blissful eternity with everyone I love, there is absolutely no way I can 'choose' to believe anything about Christianity (or any other religion.) It's not that I don't want to but I can't believe....it's not a choice.

There is no such thing as choice, only genes and enviroment. That applies to everything.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
VIP

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »

This is an interesting question.
I have been raised to and sent to religious camps.

I shall return after more research.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »

If not for Google, your post would have had my head spinning for days.  Now I'm just depressed because it turns out Pascal didn't think through the possibility of believing in the wrong God (guess what? I didn't either). 
 nervous

There is no such thing as choice, only genes and enviroment. That applies to everything.

A fellow believer in determinism? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2007, 06:47:17 PM »

A fellow believer in determinism??

I guess so (just checked it out on wiki)

Damn, that makes me feel so less special  hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: