Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228074 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 61891 times)
EFISH
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2007, 12:44:04 AM »

Maybe in a few years.  ok
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2007, 12:58:11 AM »

You should be banned for excesive use of smiley's.? ok

just tryin to show my emotions man ok Wink

what do you think man you can't deny that this would be Fucking huge
whats your thoughts on it ?
yaa naa? Huh

ok i'm all worked up now i'm gonin' to bed Later Ya'll? peace

It would be huge, yes, but I want them to record together, not just tour. I don't want a nostalgia act. Axl and his new bandmates actually are recording (we think) AND touring.

Czr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2007, 02:14:50 AM »

oh, brother bear, it is still going  Roll Eyes

Sorry to hear you are lost, and need to find yourself. Let me help you, get a map and a mirror!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »

You should be banned for excesive use of smiley's.? ok

just tryin to show my emotions man ok Wink

one has more effect than many  hihi
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2007, 08:14:54 AM »

I want a reunion more than anything...... Who's om drums?? I really don't care.. If Steven could handle it, I would say him.. But I have met him  couple times and he isn't very strong or healthy... (Nicest guy you will ever meet though). I also would have to say NAY on Matt Sorum...... It a perfect world Axl would release CD under his own name or even call the band Chinese Democracy, tour get it out of his system and get it on with Guns N' F'n Roses!!!!

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »

Adler has done smoked himself retarded.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2007, 09:53:13 AM »

The thread that just keeps on giving  rofl
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »

The thread that just keeps on giving? rofl

And not in a good way.  What was nice about the first page or so was that it actually talked about the interview and what Steven had to say before spiraling into "who were the orignal members?" and the 547th "reunion" thread...sheesh.  If only we can somehow fit a bit of "who's better?  Slash or Robin?" in here, we'll be all set.    Grin

If nothing else, I'm glad Axl and Steven talked, and that the old members/friends are back in touch with and being civil to each other, no matter how much has gone on between them in the past.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »

This obsession with a reunion is weird.

Why is it so important?

It's pretty much guaranteed that you can't recreate the past and by reuniting a band, you won't have the same effect the band had decades ago.

Most of them are better musicians now than they were back then, they're grown up, maybe have different views on life etc etc.

None of them would be the angry drunken 20-25 year olds anymore.

It just wouldn't be the same, no matter how much you want it to be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »

What I hear and read about Adler reminds me of the goofy old friends you had that were funny back in the day, but are just torture to be around when you get older.  If Adler really is like that, all the drugs and alcohol in the world would not have been enough to help Axl endure 10 hours of Adler chewing his ear off.

Would have been funny but cruel if Axl just said to him, "Yeah, I'm getting the old band together next week, we're playing at the House of Blues.  Be there at 9."  Then Steve would show up with his drumsticks and wait until dawn, telling everyone who will listen, "No, they'll be here, they're ALWAYS late!"

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »

The thread that just keeps on giving  rofl
and i say that with all due respect to the guy.   i wish Steven all the best and really feel for the guy.   the retarded bit is out of line i'll admit.   but i really don't believe the events that took place went anything along the lines of what Steven is suggesting.     peace    If they did, thats seriously fucked up.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2007, 01:24:13 PM »

It's real...

It was posted as a bulletin from his official MySpace account.

Yeah, it must be official cuz its from his "Official" MySpace account that is run by his "Official" close personal friend that he never "Officially" calls and never "Officialy" finishes talking to and that "Officially" knows "Officially" nothing about anything "Official."?

My two cents is that the water was boiling, the needle was ready to go - so Steven had to go!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:36:51 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
DaBrookman
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »

It's real...

It was posted as a bulletin from his official MySpace account.

Yeah, it must be official cuz its from his "Official" MySpace account that is run by his "Official" close personal friend that he never "Officially" calls and never "Officialy" finishes talking to and that "Officially" knows "Officially" nothing about anything "Official."?

My two cents is that the water was boiling, the needle was ready to go - so Steven had to go!!

I "officially" sigh.
Johnny Rattlesnake
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »

This will probably happen like The Police reunion. They get back together for couple of songs at their induction to the RnR Hall Of Fame and then decide to do a tour. But that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »

But can Adler play the way that he once did?

I've seen the guy a couple of times and let me tell you he still kicks some serious ass... smoking

and i say that with all due respect to the guy. i wish Steven all the best and really feel for the guy. the retarded bit is out of line i'll admit. but i really don't believe the events that took place went anything along the lines of what Steven is suggesting. peace If they did, thats seriously fucked up.

This has got to be the first time ever that you've made a sensible post? Wink

marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2007, 06:46:17 PM »

I think in the end of the day the current members are music fans, and as such would enjoy seeing a reunion because it would be an immensely monumental day in music. But theyre not gna be worried, they know that their jobs are safe for many years to come.
Cool to hear a little from steven, think its great the ex-members (some of them anyway) have reached a point where they can just be cool with each other and talk as mates, much healthier than the shit that's happened in previous years
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler's official MySpace page has been updated with a brand new Adler interview, conducted on January 13, 2007. Read on:

Steven: I saw Axl, talked with him from, shit, what was it? 10 or 12 at night to 8 in the morning, we talked. We resolved a lot of fucking shit!

Q: What was that like? That must've been weird!

Steven: It was wonderful! Just wonderful. I was the same happy-go-lucky person that I've always been to him, and he enjoyed it. Dude, we talked 'till 8 in the morning!

Q: Wow.

Steven: It was at The Hard Rock when he played there.

Q: Did you see the show?

Steven: Yeah?three people in his band all look like Izzy! I told him it sucked. I was kidding. I said, "You know the five of us have to get back together! That's when it will really fucking take off again! Nothing will be bigger. It would be the biggest reunion ever in history."

Q: What did he say?

Steven: You know how he is. He just grinned and giggled a little bit. Everybody in his band came up to me, "You're the greatest fucking drummer! We tell Axl, 'You gotta get the band back together!'" That's what they said to HIM! It was wonderful!

Q: What else is goin' on?

Steven: Um, I've been talking with Izzy. I've been talking with Slash. 20 years, dude, since 'Appetite' came out. Axl's record is supposed to come out, in what, a few months?

Q: Yeah, hopefully.

Steven: Izzy wants a reunion. I know what I need to do. Before anything happens, me and Chip (Z'Nuff) have been talkin' about doing a world tour.

Source: Blabbermouth
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2007, 01:17:38 AM »

If there is a single thing I do not want in the world is to see this guy again in Guns N' Roses.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
axleu
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2007, 01:23:41 AM »

"three people in his band all look like Izzy"

Richard Fortus, OK, but...who are the two others? I don't wanna sound cruel, but I'm not sure 100% of what Steven has said is true...and I fear that this guy is dreaming about a reunion. Kind of sad...
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2007, 01:26:39 AM »

why not??

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: