Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  A Couple Audio Recordings by Yours Truely
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Couple Audio Recordings by Yours Truely  (Read 3503 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: February 26, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »

here is a couple attempts at me playing some tunes...be gentle...cuz I suck hihi

BH's Star Wars
GnR Medley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:57:18 PM by Neemo » Logged

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:32:10 PM »

It says that the files are temporarily unavailable. I'll try again later tonight.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:57:59 PM »

ok they should work now

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »

still says unavailable bro  Cry
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:22:33 AM »

The starwars thing was completely out of tempo and you seemed to be hitting the notes just as soon as you found them. But you did find them.

Your Brownstone was way off. Don't cry's main riff sounded very good in comparison. As did SCOM's. Patience solo was again rushed. Better was not your brightest moments.

You obviously can somewhat play some things. The SCOM piece showed that. Your main problem at this moment seems to be at just finding the right (and a nonchanging) tempo for your things. The issue is most visible at mr. brownstone and the patience solo. At the don't cry chorus when the simple chord strumming seemed to be somewhat off so you might want to work on that (since it's kinda fundamental part of guitar playing).

And while you of course want to play a lot of GN'R, maybe it's better to start recording from some of the easier songs GN'R has to offer. That being said, the scom start sounded okay when comapred to mr. b.

How long have you been playing and what have you been practicing on?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

Yeah the starwars thing was a bit too much for me the damn thing is all over the fret board....hey i tried hihi

as for my timing yeah i know its way off (and that damn switch from the picking on Don't Cry to the F Chord in fact any change to a bar chord fucks me up usually hihi )...but i'm unsure how to get better at it...i'm naught but a self-taught hack...that has played very irregularily for about 12 years or so....but i'm talking play for 4 months then put it down for 6 months kinda thing....its not until this year that i'm actually making headway...and i didnt start learning til i was 19. (regardless i know i suck for having played so long but its jsut a hobby for me and i have fun plucking away Cheesy )

when i play along with music or with other players i find i can play much more consistantly (but thats cuz someone esle is setting the timing for me)...but usually its just me and my amp.

as for what i practice on? um i can play wish you were here by floyd, i'm learning stairway....slowly....i can play a handful of nirvana tunes, nothing else matters, plush by stp, rooster by aic, patience..... i dunno prolly 20 songs in total....but mostly i'm strumming chords with the odd picking part in it these things above are really out of the norm for things that i play although i'm trying to learn more things like GnR and what not. but aside from those snippits i played i don't know the rest of those tunes (although i know the chords to SCOM)

here are a couple tunes that i think i played a alot better on...

Come As You Are
Wish You Were Here

although again once i get to the picking part of wish you were here and the solo for come as you are i lose all sense of time hihi

anyway anytips on how to get timing down? Undecided btw thanks for the constructive critisism!!! beer

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »

anyway anytips on how to get timing down? Undecided btw thanks for the constructive critisism!!! beer

You could try this site to get a better feel for timing:

http://www.jamcenter.com/

Or find yourself an online metronome that also might help.
The key to getting timing down really is repetition that's all I can say
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »

yeah i got a metronome but i stpped using it a while ago...i took it out the other day and found out i need a new battery so that's my next road trip.

did you listen to them at all grouse? was the timing better on the other 2 songs i did? Undecided

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »

yeah i got a metronome but i stpped using it a while ago...i took it out the other day and found out i need a new battery so that's my next road trip.

did you listen to them at all grouse? was the timing better on the other 2 songs i did? Undecided

Timing was much better on these last ones you're getting there hehe? Wink, just keep praticing on the switching between strumming and picking because that could be bettered.

oh and also when you need to do a full bend please don't do a half one? Wink I think that's something you also need to pratice a bit more...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »

funny those last 2 are actually recorded a few months before the first ones i did hihi

anyway picking is what im working on so thats why the gnr stuff and bh stuff is all over the place.

bends are another thing...see i am jsut getting the hang of tuning by ear....the bends are somewhat similar in the fact that i gotta learn to hear that i've bent far enough...and too little is better than too far IMO

thanks again for the help guys Grin i got this GuitarWorld DVD thing that teaches stuff....i keep meaning to go through it but i never have the time...what i did see of it so far is pretty cool though...i may break down sometime and buy a month of lessons or something

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »

A little late on listening, buy better late than never. 

Sounds pretty good, the star wars peice is hard to remember, alot of different notes in that tune so good job. ok

Practice on the fundamentals i.e. strumming and learning chords.  Don't worry too much about solos, they'll come with time, trust me.  The more chords you know, the better "feel" you will have when you transition to solos. 

If ya got an acoustic, play it, ALOT.  It'll build dexterity and strength in your fingers,which of course will helb with your bends.

I don't know how long you've been playing, so if I'm out off bounds I apologize.  I've been playing almost 20 years so I really can't recall starting out on the git-fiddle. hihi 

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »

thanks thorazine Cheesy

yeah i know alot of chords and i do mostly play acoustic.

Strumming has always been a weak point...i try though...anyway in reality i havent played guitar in 2 or 3 weeks...i need to get on that again Undecided

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: