Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  An idea about karma points for the admin to consider
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An idea about karma points for the admin to consider  (Read 3835 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:04:03 PM »

There seems to be a lot  of people who get  completely wacked out over their negative karma. A lot of complaining and so forth. In order to  mitigate the  whining, and, more importantly, to give people "hope" to redeem  themselves in the eyes  of their peers, let me  offer the following suggestion, which may be modified as the admin sees fit.

I  would suggest  to professionalize  the forum by standardizing the methodology by which people may redeem themselves; in other words, to create positive  incentives  for good behavior.

For instance:

A) a person may erase a negative karma after 500 posts, assuming no futher negative  points. If a new negative  karma is assessed, the count starts  over. The actual number of posts that is required is arbitrary--it could be 200, 1000, or whatever  the admin perceives  is reasonable. Maybe a vote could be  taken to see what the community thinks. Some people post an average of once a day, others 10 or more a day; the point is that this will create an incentive for good behavior, a goal to obtain. Even  if a person posts 20 times a day, it still means that a  person must be on good  behavior  for almost  a month. Persons who post less  often obviously need to be well-behaved longer.

Further, it lends transparency to what is right now an obfuscated karma  system. Some  people get their karmas erased, while others go on forever and  do not. It is not clear what the criteria  are, other than bias or neglect.

My suggestion would be to standardize the system so that good behavior would be automatically rewarded. I would think that the computer  system  could be set up to do this automatically so that the manual  labor involved would  be minimal.

B) To earn positive  karma, a higher  standard  would  be set,  whether  it be 2x  or 3x the level defined  to erase negative  karma. Again, the number is arbitrary and subject  to  the decision  of the admin.

This would create an incentive  for positive behavior. If the threshold  were, for instance,  1000 posts for a positive  karma point, a person at 500 or above is going to think twice before engaging in questionable behavior, in order  not to lose all previous momentum.

Anyway, that is my positive  contribution for the day. I hope the admin will consider  it  seriously. It seems like a good idea to me and an enhancement  to the forum.

Comments?
GeraldFord
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

Who gives a shit.

EFISH
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »

That'd take alot of time and effort for Jarmo to do. All for little numbers next to your name. Very few care about karma anymore, compared to maybe 6 months ago. It's run it's course. Let's just focus on what we're here for, Guns N' Roses....and not care so much about this kinda crap.  Smiley
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:18:23 PM »

Or people would just spam loads to 'erase' their karma and piss me off more.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:23:38 PM »

Exactly what I was about to say. Rather than posting to add to discussion this would make people post to raise their post count so they could lose a karma point. Who really cares if a thousand posts gives me a karma point? I'd rather give a thousand good posts and have -1 karma.

Plus, the idea of the karma system is that Jarmo and the moderators can keep track of how many times you have been warned, over what period of time, and what you have been warned for. This allows the board team to make decisions concerning the banning of obnoxious posters, not to punish the innocent -1 karma poster that got pissed at someone one time in the past.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:57:16 PM »

Wear your negative karma with pride young Jedi.....
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 03:16:09 PM »

I don't give a fuck about karma as long as it is justified !? ? ?confused

But to be given karma just because my screen name pisses you off is undeserving !!

Maybe if I start coming here and posting Finck OWNS Slash and "Either get onboard or fuck off", I'll be more popular !!!

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:11 PM »

I couldn't care less about my karma, i used to but now i don't see the reason why, give me like 100- karma i'd only laugh about it rofl
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 05:29:51 PM »

i'm not so much for the karma its the fear of getting banned for me nervous  crying

any who if that were to take place there would be some that would just spam like non other to get a positive point.

maybe if we're all good little boys and girls maybe we can get special privileges like 0-2 karma you can get special downloading opportunities  Grin like different live versions of things 2-4 can get all they want since it would be hard enough to get to postive range again.

ehhh its up to Jarmo smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »

heres a new one to try

dont get bad Karma Follow the rules and you get along fine
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »

heres a new one to try

dont get bad Karma Follow the rules and you get along fine

Naah that'll never happen no
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »