Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Neil Young
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neil Young  (Read 25236 times)
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 06:23:33 AM »

This is still showing at niche cinemas here in Sydney -went and saw it this afternoon.

It was utterly beautiful. The most touching and warm thing Ive seen in ages. I somehow convinced my girlfriend to watch the movie with me and she had a great time.

Stunning stuff.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 06:49:28 AM »

I was there Cool

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 11:09:25 AM »

I was there Cool

What was the mood like through the Prarie Wind songs?

I didnt listen to the album heaps, but watching the movie I was captivated. I hung on every word and felt the songs. The stage arrangement was beautiful too. I didnt think Id say this, but I enjoyed hearing Prarie Wind more than the classics. Its a lovely album and I cant stop listening to it.

Especially in When God Made Me, the performance just stunned. It was amazing.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 12:40:56 PM »

Anyone see this yet? I watched it last night. There is some good stuff on it, especially when he plays some of the old acoustic songs. But some of the new songs off Prairie Wind are good too. Neil Young is one of the greatest musicians of all time. He could choose one song from each of his albums and have a 30 song concert. He can play and perform either a mellow acoustic show or he can rock out. He is the godfather of grunge. He has so many good albums, I don't know which is best, but I guess I would have to go with Harvest, although that is doing a disservice to so many of his other great great albums.
Anyone else have an opinion?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 08:56:38 AM »

More than 30! Hes released like 51 albums (including 4 compilations I think).

But yeah, cool guy, cool concert, cool DVD.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »

I guess there are not many Neil Young fans on this site. Too bad, he has produced some of the best music ever made, and he continues to go strong.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 07:13:52 PM »

I love him bigtime - I think everyone already said their piece in the other thread about the film.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 06:02:57 PM »

Sorry if there's already a Neil Young thread.

But I'm getting into him lately, and I'd like some recomendations (sp?).

I have his greatest hits and like it a lot, but I wanted to know which album should I buy. Which one is his "Appetite for Desctruction"?

Thanks a lot
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 10:45:34 PM »

Start with "Harvest"
"Decade" is great as a greatest hits.
if it is true  he put out 51 albums (which  I kind  of doubt) the list is too long.
others  come to mind:

Live Rust  (live album)
Weld
Comes a time
Everybody knows this is  nowhere
Ragged glory
Stars  n bars  (uneven, but some great  songs)
Zuma
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:23 PM »

I heard "Like a Hurricane" on the radio this past weekend... the guitar solos in that song are beyond amazing.

Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 06:11:24 AM »

I love comes a time, after the gold rush. I know harvest is his big album, but its my least fav, although Old man is my fav neil young song. Gettin into him changed my life.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:52 PM »

Neil Young Polishes 'Chrome Dreams' For October

Neil Young is borrowing the intended title for a 30-year-old shelved album for his next release. "Chrome Dreams II" is due Oct. 16 via Reprise. The 10-song set includes three previously penned tunes and seven new cuts. Two unnamed songs run well past the double-digit mark, at 13:00 and 18:30, respectively.

Young recorded the album quickly with assistance from Crazy Horse drummer Ralph Molina and pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith, and only played it for Reprise reps last week. The project is the follow-up to 2006's "Living With War" and will be supported by a North American tour set to begin around Oct. 13, according to Young's publicist.

The original "Chrome Dreams" was scrapped in 1977 for unknown reasons, but a number of the songs pegged to appear on it become Young classics after being released on later albums, including "Pocahontas," "Sedan Delivery," "Powderfinger," "Look Out for My Love" and "Like a Hurricane."

According to Young's Web site, "all original documentation and art for this album was lost in a fire that destroyed Neil's Malibu home in early 1978."

Meanwhile, the first volume in Young's "Archives" boxed set series is holding steady with a Feb. 18 release date, however, the project's arrival has shifted countless times in recent years.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Chief
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 02:39:30 AM »

YESSSS! great news!!

my fav albums btw are:

On the Beach
Zuma
Tonight's the Night
Harvest
Live Weld
Everybody Knows this is Nowhere
that live one , acoustic that just came out

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »

Neil Young Tourdates!!!! woo hooo!

http://jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?StoryID=11434

darkdays_01
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:53 AM »

Anxious to hear Chrome Dreams II. I am still holding out for just a balls out rocking record with Crazy Horse one day. I have been ona Neil kick all day must be the colder fall like temps we got yesterday. I hope to catch him on tour this time around because it is defintely gonna be sooner than later when old Neil hangs up the touring. I still wish he would get 'Time Fades Away' out on cd. It is well known Neil doesnt like tht album but i personally love it. I like all of his stuff minus the "Geffen Years" but below is my list of faves:

Zuma
Tonight's The Night
Everybody Knows
American Stars and Bars
Comes a Time
Neil Young
Harvest
On The Beach
Rust Never Sleeps
Ragged Glory
Harvest Moon
Mirrorball

Unfortunately after Mirrorball i havent got any of the newer stuff although i have heard some stuff. I do have Greendale , that was my only time seeing Neil live, it was good but i wanna see him in a regular setting without the skit deal
 What do you guys recommend after Mirrorball. I have like i siad heard different stuff as my best driend is a hardcore Neil fan. I ask him but he is into it all. What is some of the better later day stuff Huh?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

Saw Neil Young close the Way Out West festival here in Sweden tonight.

It was the perfect ending to the festival.

Setlist:
Love And Only Love / Hey Hey, My My / Powderfinger / Fuckin' Up / Cortez The Killer / Cinnamon Girl / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Unknown Legend / Heart Of Gold / Old Man / Just Singing A Song Won't Change The World / Get Back To The Country / "Sea Change" / Words / Rockin' In The Free World // A Day In The Life

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makane
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »

Just saw Neil a few days ago @ Helsinki. No big surprises on the setlist, 'cause I saw him at Roskilde prior to Helsinki.
The gig at Helsinki was pretty awesome too, though someone had decided to put CHAIRS on the floor, which really set the mood down.

Thats just wrong. Seeing an old man jumping and going full at it, and then some half his age people sat and stare in the first row. Well, what can you do.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 09:37:38 PM »

I love it when he closes his shows with A Day In The Life.

Rust Never Sleeps is my favorite.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:20 PM »

Press Release Source: Warner Bros. Records

Monday February 22, 2010, 9:32 am EST

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Neil Young Trunk Show ? a concert film starring Neil Young ? will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD by Reprise Records later this year. The film is the second in director Jonathan Demme?s planned trilogy about the legendary rocker. Demme also directed the 2006 Young documentary Heart of Gold. Following that film?s premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, Rolling Stone called it ?an unconscious, raw, in-the-moment concert movie that respects the immediacy of creativity and the creator.?

Shot on hand-held HDCam, HDV, and Super-8mm cameras, Neil Young Trunk Show features scenes from two shows that Young performed at the historic Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA, on his 2007 Chrome Dreams II theater tour. Fans are treated to acoustic and electric tracks that span his entire songbook, including rarely performed songs like ?Mexico,? ?Kansas,? and ?The Sultan,? the classics ?Cinnamon Girl,? ?Cowgirl in the Sand,? and ?After the Gold Rush,? and more recent work including ?The Believer,? and an astonishing 20 minute version of ?No Hidden Path.? The film also features some offstage and behind-the-scenes footage. Demme?s film credits include the Oscar-winning dramas Philadelphia and Silence of the Lambs, and the more recent Rachel Getting Married.

Theatrical screenings of Neil Young Trunk Show will be held across the country for one week beginning on March 19th. A list of cities and theaters is below. Watch the trailer here: http://www.trunkshowmovie.com/?trailer

Beginning Mar 19:

New York, NY ? Sunshine Cinema

Los Angeles, CA ? Nuart Theatre

Cambridge, MA ? Kendall Square Cinema

Detroit, MI ? Maple Art Theatre

Philadelphia, PA ? Ritz

Seattle, WA ? Landmark Theaters

San Francisco, CA ? Landmark Theaters

Berkeley, CA ? Landmark Theaters

Chicago, IL ? Music Box Theatre

Washington, DC ? E Street Cinema

Denver, CO ? Chez Artiste

Beginning Mar 26:

Portland, OR ? Cinema 21

Minneapolis, MN ? Landmark Cinema

Chief
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »

New details on his upcoming double album with Crazy Horse!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-and-crazy-horse-reveal-album-release-date-tracklist-20120911

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: