Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43431 times)
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« on: March 08, 2007, 08:15:29 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=68402

Italian GUNS N' ROSES Fan Site Shuts Down In Response To 'Chinese Democracy' 'Saga' - Mar. 8, 2007 

Italian GUNS N' ROSES fan site/community GNRonline.it has officially shut down as a result of the lack of official information regarding the band and the group's long-awaited new album "Chinese Democracy". The GNRonline.it administrators have issued the following statement regarding the matter:

"We regret to tell you that in relation to the protest we started on December 7th 2006, our GUNS fan sites and forums, GNRonline.it and GNRonline.org, will be shut down at once. The never-ending saga of 'Chinese Democracy', the lack of respect, clearness and mutual loyalty are just some of the reasons that has brought us down to this painful conclusion.

"Until now our detractors have always accused us of being 'Axl fanatics' (and to a certain degree, it is probably true) but today we aren't able to sustain Axl's project anymore, neither financially nor economically. We just can't afford to waste our heads on a project that has never even taken us into consideration. We gladly leave that to other 'fan' sites and forums that have the will and passion to be fooled around one more time. It is also sad that the aforementioned websites and forums, most of whom claim to have direct links to the GNR camp, have built a wall between them and other sites like ours (as well every other fan out there), reluctant to even start collaborations from whom we all would have benefit from.

"GNRonline shutting down will not only affect the flow of GNR news and discussions in Italy, but it will also tear apart a community of 3500 users who have been maintaining daily relationships and friendship through this website for many years now. Coherence though is one thing that have always been a key point of our conducts, and despite the fact that closing down upsets us a lot, this is the only thing that makes sense to do at this point.

"We still want to believe in Axl Rose and his record and we greatly wish that 'Chinese Democracy' would see the light of day before February 2008. If that will be the case we will make our best effort to re-open the site otherwise our domains will be lost and that will be the end of it." 

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:58 AM »

I'll risk a bad karma...
and as I said at cd.com...

this guy is giving him self to much credit.
he's just a nobody.
who gives a fuck about italian forum.
he might have had 3500 members, but probably had 5 of his neighbors posting once in 10 years.

he's such a drama queen. if you cant handle it financially, then fuck off.
nobody asked you to create the damn forum in the first place.

what a fucking wimp. where does it say that they need to contact you?!
do they need to contact every fucking nerd that knows how to log on the net?!
damn!

does he think italians will stop listening to GNR because he says so?!

he's a freek, and should go to the asylum...
or at least start taking his medicine again.

what makes him better than a regular fucking fan?! he bought a domain name?!  Big fucking deal...

I hate nerds.

I just went to their site...
and this is the banner:

now let's be honest...

this is the gayest thing that ever came out of Italy...
even compared to this;

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:21:47 AM »

well i cat say i ever visited the site so no loss to me and it seems also to be a silly publicity stunt im sorry but after all this time you just dont give up
mei umeko
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »

'We just can't afford to waste our heads on a project that has never even taken us into consideration.'

what a whiney little asshole! Vaffanculo... vai a fare in culo idiota. perche pensi di essere cosi importante?

'You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
Is that you do it to yourself
Just you and no one else' R

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »

who would take such a whiny anal whore into consideration anyway.

and consideration for what?
these guys need to get a life.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »

My initial response in reading this is, "Get the Fuck over Yourself!"  You would think that their website was THE most important GN'R fan website in the world.  The fact that they think making a boycott of GN'R is going to get Axl or anyone from the GN'R camp to release Chinese Democracy sooner is absurd. 

News flash to all my Italian GN'R Friends out there...We are all in this together.  No website is more important then the other and we all get the same news at the same time.  It might not be a lot of details and it certainly is not forthcoming when we want it, but being a fan of this band requires Patience.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »

but being a fan of this band requires Patience.

I think the time for "Patience" has been long gone.
it's time for Chinese Democracy now:)

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 09:02:48 AM »

but being a fan of this band requires Patience.

I think the time for "Patience" has been long gone.
it's time for Chinese Democracy now:)

I am with you!
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »

what a whiney little asshole! Vaffanculo... vai a fare in culo idiota. perche pensi di essere cosi importante?

ouch? rofl cazzo? hihi

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
axleu
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:15:42 AM »

"The never-ending saga of 'Chinese Democracy', the lack of respect, clearness and mutual loyalty"

Well, sorry guys, but I agree 100% with this line.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:36 AM »

"The never-ending saga of 'Chinese Democracy', the lack of respect, clearness and mutual loyalty"

Same here. Its not that hard to release an album surely!! Especially when you are a 'professional' musican. I think each one of us on here, over 13 years, with $15mill, whichever producers, neverending talented session musicians, could all have produced an album of CD's supposed quality in that time period.

These Italian guys, they aren't happy with something and they are showing their dislike for that. No problem there surely.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 09:21:50 AM »

i don't even know where to start...
it doesn't happen often that message board topic pisses me off but this one really did. first of all, what you are doing is extremely unfair to the users of your site who are all waiting together for chinese democracy, forming friendships and having a good time along the way, and because you want to make some pompous statement to express your own lack of patience (and obviously content in your life) you take away their community and place to hang out and have a good time with other italian gnr fans. extremely SELFISH. second, axl owes you fuck all. some of us have been waiting for this record to come out for almost a decade (that's about half of my lifetime), and we realize axl has run into alot of difficulties putting this record out and he is doing his best to put out the best possible product for us to meet the high standards set my pervious gnr records, and along the way he has given us (including italy) some awesome shows to help the wait feel less frustrating. what you are doing is pissing off fans that have more patience than you, and you gain NOTHING by this pathetic decision, you only hurt thousands of fellow fans. you are a total asshole and a disgrace to the gnr community.
ronie
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »

..."the lack of respect, clearness and mutual loyalty are just some of the reasons that has brought us down to this painful conclusion"...
 ok to the italian fans, at least they've shown some self-esteem.
I'll join them and will leave this board as well, Jarmo my man, you can now ban me, you've warned me already anyway smoking!
The rest of you... Axl already told you - if you're waiting - don't! Which can be also interpreted as "I don't give a flyin' f...k about the fans". But it's his album, the fans don't mean anything anyway...Well, I say f...k the album, I don't need it either!
 :beer:Axl!
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 09:28:29 AM »

..."the lack of respect, clearness and mutual loyalty are just some of the reasons that has brought us down to this painful conclusion"...
 ok to the italian fans, at least they've shown some self-esteem.
I'll join them and will leave this board as well, Jarmo my man, you can now ban me, you've warned me already anyway smoking!
The rest of you... Axl already told you - if you're waiting - don't! Which can be also interpreted as "I don't give a flyin' f...k about the fans". But it's his album, the fans don't mean anything anyway...Well, I say f...k the album, I don't need it either!
 :beer:Axl!

don't let the door hit you on the way out.
and don't come crawling back here when CD drops to kiss axl's ass either.
we don't need disloyal fans, no one will ever miss you around here. bye.
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 09:33:03 AM »

I also agree with this statement and the general sentiment behind the closing of the site.  What never ceases to amaze me, however, is the amount of blind loyalty for Axl.  Guess what loyalists...the italian websites don't owe the fans anything more than Axl does.   drool 
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:51 AM »

by the way there is an italian section at chinesedemocracy.com for the fans from italy ?Roll Eyes

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »

I also agree with this statement and the general sentiment behind the closing of the site.? What never ceases to amaze me, however, is the amount of blind loyalty for Axl.? Guess what loyalists...the italian websites don't owe the fans anything more than Axl does.? ?drool?

if you're so unhappy with loyal fans in the gnr community, leave. and don't come crawling back later either, "either get on board or fuck off".
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »

if you're so unhappy with loyal fans in the gnr community, leave. and don't come crawling back later either, "either get on board or fuck off".

I'm not unhappy with "blindly" loyal fans as much as I am entertained by their slight retardation.? ?Tongue?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:02 AM »

What is there to get on board though? I always wonder this.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »

I'm not unhappy with "blindly" loyal fans as much as I am entertained by their slight retardation.? ?Tongue?

calling me a retard, now? the sign of a great debater. i'm not even going to sink to your level. leave.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: