Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43427 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »

Unless you were registered and got banned.

/jarmo

Yeah, in that case we advise you to open your own forum.

And if you can't afford it, you can blame the GN'R camp for lack of communication or other forums for not helping and then shut it down...

hihi

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »

for the 5,000,000,000th time...it is not about the fans!!...Axl doesnt owe us shit....he already was a part in giving us some of the greatest rock albums in history...who does gnronline.it think they are?? ?I dont understand people that still sit around and get pissed when the record doesnt come out or lack of info....Axl just sent out that letter A FEW MONTHS AGO!!! i remember from 1994 until he got arrested in 1998..i didnt even know if the dude was ALIVE!! let alone working on a new album, we didnt even hear the name "chinese democracy" till late 1999....All the bitching in the world is not going to make the album come out quicker...if it did we would have 10 new albums by now with the amount of bitchin and complaining that goes on...ok im done...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

its a bunch of crap.
those guys dont deserve any info.
only world wide forums deserve info.
such as htgth cd and mygnr.

local forums are just a waste of webspace.

if every local forum asked for info, the album would take another 15 years to make, since the band would be to bussy answering nerd inquiries.

just think if GNRAlbania did the same thing...
?!

where would it stop?!

enough with the crap, and move on.  Local forums  are there only to satisfy dictatorship ambitions of some cyber nerds... and since the "vacum" for the BIG forums has been filled, they are promoting "small" national forums.

What is GNR italy forum suposed to offer us more than some international forum? A different domain extension, and that's about it.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Since I am an owner of a local forum and site, the Greek one, I'll tell you a few things I've done to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions, as a cyber nerd that I am.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece in 2004.

I brought Tommy Stinson to Greece for 2 shows in 2004.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece again for 3 shows in 2005.

I arranged a meet & greet with Gilby Clarke and people from the fan club in 2 hours (when he came with MC5 to Greece) in 2005.

I brought Gilby Clarke to Greece for 3 shows in 2006.

No member of GNR had ever visited Greece on a solo tour, EVER.

Not to mention the countless parties I've organized and the thousands of free gifts I've paid for (t-shirts, lighters, lanyards, fridge magnets etc, etc...)

GN'R were announced only 2 weeks before their show in Greece. No TV spots, and the promotion of the concert wasn't THAT good. Lots of GNR fans would have never known if it wasn't for Gunsnroses.gr... I'm not saying that I'm responsible for 18.000 people that attended the show, but seeing more than 600-700 people with a Gunsnroses.gr tshirt there, it was enough to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions...

that's not my experience with local forums.
and I've visited quite a few of them. most of them are spamming SOB-s that cant make a single post with out ending it with "visit my forum at www.bullshitonline.com"...
same goes for 99% of fan forums around.
I've only respected 4 forums... in order of appearence
gnr bar...., chinese democracy, gnrtemple and htgth, .
that's about it. every other forum I've been to is a load of crap.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »

i agree with christos, trying to force the band to release info is very lame.  confused

Just let things happen when they happen, because they will when the time is right.   Its not Axl's responsiblity to hold your hand in the meantime.   He said himself in that letter, if you can hang on, great.. if not, its understandable.   The band has booked dates, so they are clearly still active and not just fading away.   Although I have a feeling some of you would rather Axl just go back to his mansion in Malibu and retire forever.  And I wouldn't blame him one bit for doing that.

I don't know: I can talk only for me, not for other people (I can only guess, as I said).
I personally decided to hang on, but someone other could try other ways... everyone has the right to decide for himself.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »

its a bunch of crap.
those guys dont deserve any info.
only world wide forums deserve info.
such as htgth cd and mygnr.

local forums are just a waste of webspace.

if every local forum asked for info, the album would take another 15 years to make, since the band would be to bussy answering nerd inquiries.

just think if GNRAlbania did the same thing...
?!

where would it stop?!

enough with the crap, and move on.  Local forums  are there only to satisfy dictatorship ambitions of some cyber nerds... and since the "vacum" for the BIG forums has been filled, they are promoting "small" national forums.

What is GNR italy forum suposed to offer us more than some international forum? A different domain extension, and that's about it.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Since I am an owner of a local forum and site, the Greek one, I'll tell you a few things I've done to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions, as a cyber nerd that I am.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece in 2004.

I brought Tommy Stinson to Greece for 2 shows in 2004.

I brought Adler's Appetite to Greece again for 3 shows in 2005.

I arranged a meet & greet with Gilby Clarke and people from the fan club in 2 hours (when he came with MC5 to Greece) in 2005.

I brought Gilby Clarke to Greece for 3 shows in 2006.

No member of GNR had ever visited Greece on a solo tour, EVER.

Not to mention the countless parties I've organized and the thousands of free gifts I've paid for (t-shirts, lighters, lanyards, fridge magnets etc, etc...)

GN'R were announced only 2 weeks before their show in Greece. No TV spots, and the promotion of the concert wasn't THAT good. Lots of GNR fans would have never known if it wasn't for Gunsnroses.gr... I'm not saying that I'm responsible for 18.000 people that attended the show, but seeing more than 600-700 people with a Gunsnroses.gr tshirt there, it was enough to satisfy my dictatorship ambitions...

that's not my experience with local forums.
and I've visited quite a few of them. most of them are spamming SOB-s that cant make a single post with out ending it with "visit my forum at www.bullshitonline.com"...
same goes for 99% of fan forums around.
I've only respected 4 forums... in order of appearence
gnr bar...., chinese democracy, gnrtemple and htgth, .
that's about it. every other forum I've been to is a load of crap.

Well, now you know better.

Not all local sites are owned by spammers.

The reason I started a local site was cause most people in Greece had no idea that GNR were still alive, and that was in 2002 when GNR had just toured the US, a bit of Europe and a year earlier they played RIR.

Not cause I couldn't start another big international site... With the money I've spent on all the things I've done with Gunsnroses.gr, I could have an english speaking site which would be on ads all over google...

But why would I do that when my dream GNR site, htgth, already existed.

I wanted to do something for my favorite band, cause I felt like I owed them something. And the Greek site was it.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:06 PM »

I've dried out my enthusiasm a long time ago...
in 01.02.03 I was trying to bring the awareness... but I ended up looking like a fool every time.
now I'm just a browser...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2007, 06:40:57 PM »

I have a local site as well and I don't think it's useless, at least that's not what my visitors tell me. I've been here for more than 8 years and I plan to keep the site running for a while.

For the Italian site, I won't judge what they did, but with all due respect, I'm not sure it deserves 8 pages here. I just think it's too bad for their visitors (even though local sites are "useless" according to certain people). I don't think it's a good idea to show their appreciation or not about the band's communication by closing their site. It's up to them though.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »

I have a local site as well and I don't think it's useless, at least that's not what my visitors tell me. I've been here for more than 8 years and I plan to keep the site running for a while.

that's right! your site is one of the best out there, I read it everyday.

Christos' site seems great, too, I'm sorry I can't read greek, lol.

morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

For the Italian site, I won't judge what they did, but with all due respect, I'm not sure it deserves 8 pages here. I just think it's too bad for their visitors (even though local sites are "useless" according to certain people). I don't think it's a good idea to show their appreciation or not about the band's communication by closing their site. It's up to them though.

I remember your site... unfortunately I havent been there for a while.
gnr Switzerland and France were one of the most important sites in 2001 IMO... and never thought of them as "local sites"...  since they had world wide audience.

and yes, I consider most of the local forums futhile, when forums such as these have diferent language sections for them.
most of the new "local sites" get opened, just because someone's ego is to big to have someone else moderating their posts.
and rarely those sections are fully used.

only people from Brazil seem to be able to find the subforums... others are either blind, or dont care.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:57:21 PM by Lucky » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »

A lot of people prefer sites in their own languages.

And like you, I think it's up to the people running the site to decide if they want to close it or not. But when their statement basically attacks me personally and the site we have here, I get a bit confused about their reasons.

As far as I can remember, none of them has contacted me personally with their issues/problems.

We get blamed for not sharing information when I didn't even know there was a problem to begin with. Everything travels fast on the Internet. Sometihng posted at one of the boards gets copied tot he others. For good and bad. I guess there's a wall between the rest of the Internet and them, and nothing ever got copied to their site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2007, 07:09:33 PM »

My initial response in reading this is, "Get the Fuck over Yourself!"  You would think that their website was THE most important GN'R fan website in the world.  The fact that they think making a boycott of GN'R is going to get Axl or anyone from the GN'R camp to release Chinese Democracy sooner is absurd. 

News flash to all my Italian GN'R Friends out there...We are all in this together.  No website is more important then the other and we all get the same news at the same time.  It might not be a lot of details and it certainly is not forthcoming when we want it, but being a fan of this band requires Patience.
I agree with one thing and one thing only. Axl lie to us and he cares what people are saying about him, why doo you think he goes back to the studio to change the music he is not happy, he will never be happy. He cares what people thinks thats why he wrote the letter saying March 6. how can you keep lying to your fans and touring with nothing new.

Kill Your Idols
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »

I only hope the album comes out soon... and all this useless arguments are behind us.
we dont need this crap anymore.
idle hands are devils playground

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »

I only hope the album comes out soon... and all this arguments are behind us.

pablito
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »

All this arguing is sooo irrelevant, because Axl said that CD would be out on the 6th March 2007  ok nervous

Oooh, no wait, he said he'd keep jerking chains until 3/6/2007  Lips Sealed   

The Italian site have the right to shut down because Axl?s behaving like a wanker to his fans

HTGTH has a right to continue because they like AXL being a wanker.

Live 'n let live  beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2007, 08:06:01 PM »

HTGTH has a right to continue because they like AXL being a wanker.

Wrong, we like Axl being whatever Axl wants to be. While some think it's their right to demand other people to change and be whatever fits their needs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

I only hope the album comes out soon... and all this useless arguments are behind us.
we dont need this crap anymore.
idle hands are devils playground

VERY TRUE, we dont need your pathetic attacks n' stupid name callin'!!

throughout this whole thread their has been nothin' but shit from you!!

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

who did I call names?
except for the ultranerd from gnronline.it?

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2007, 02:11:54 AM »

too bad some italian geeks let their jealousy over jarmo getting recognized by gnr management destroy a site 3500 fans loved...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:39 AM »

I can't believe this is now related by ContactMusic Huh

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »

I dont think Axl owes his fans anything.

I certainly dont think he owes me anything.

However if you love a band, it is very frustrating when they dont release any new music.

Making,and releasing, music is the essence of a bands existance. Surely?

I believe they will put the album out this year, but I think people are entitled to vent their frustrations! rant

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: