Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43865 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »

I think if we all had the same attitudes and beliefs the board would be pretty boring. Different opinions and diversity is what makes boards interesting.
that's not what I said. Some attitudes are annoying. If you tell us your point of view - fine. If you come here to say that you prefer Slash over bumblefoot - fine. If you come here to say how you love Slash, how the new band sucks and how Axl is a liar or something else - please, don't come. That's why I use to say that quote. "Either get on board or fuck off".

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »

Axl is in the business of making music, which is to say that he hopes to sell CDs. ?FANS buy the CDs. ?We've had a 1 (arguably 2) Chinese Democracy tours WITHOUT a Chinese Democracy CD. ?We came out and supported these tours because:

1.) We wanted to hear our favorite old tunes
2.) ?We were interested in seeing the new band and hearing the new music.

Despite all the promises there has been NO (legitimate) new music. ?Would I shut down my site over this? No.

Do I think Axl owes his fans, the very reason for his relevance and success, more than he gives them? ?Yes, absolutely.

Will I lose sleep over this? Not a chance.

I'd go along with this opinion. ?yes

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2007, 01:05:56 PM »

You know what?  One of two things is going to happen, no matter how many people post angry comments on this board.  Chinese Democracy will come out one day and we'll all get to enjoy it, or it won't and we'll still have five rockin' GN'R albums to listen to anytime we want.  All of the time and energy spent getting angry about this just seems misdirected.  Go for a walk or something.   beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2007, 01:08:10 PM »

I'll risk a bad karma...
and as I said at cd.com...

this guy is giving him self to much credit.
he's just a nobody.
who gives a fuck about italian forum.
he might have had 3500 members, but probably had 5 of his neighbors posting once in 10 years.

he's such a drama queen. if you cant handle it financially, then fuck off.
nobody asked you to create the damn forum in the first place.

what a fucking wimp. where does it say that they need to contact you?!
do they need to contact every fucking nerd that knows how to log on the net?!
damn!

does he think italians will stop listening to GNR because he says so?!

he's a freek, and should go to the asylum...
or at least start taking his medicine again.

what makes him better than a regular fucking fan?! he bought a domain name?!  Big fucking deal...

I hate nerds.

I just went to their site...
and this is the banner:

now let's be honest...

this is the gayest thing that ever came out of Italy...
even compared to this;

this is so sad. lucky, I guess YOU give yourself too much credit. who are you to say "probably they had just 5 people posting bla bla bla" or "who cares about an italian forum?"...I guess axl cares about italy when he had to do some money. I guess somebody down here thinks that everything is not from us, maybe uk...doesn't need any credit. bullshit. yeah. they could be gay or not...but they have two big balls each other to make a decision like that. and they don't need attention, they just need an album since...how many years? six years? no, wait, eight years! mhhh, I can't remember the first day someone said "chinese democracy", but I know that was a long long time ago. axl doesn't deserve support of anybody. what will happen now? he will start the third chinese democracy tour? and where? just australia, africa and asia? I guess the fourth chinese democracy tour will hit on mars, or maybe the moon. people must open the eyes and see that he's just tryin' to make more money abusing of retarded people that just can think "Axl, cool, metal dude, rock-n-roll, party, cocaine, yeah"

but, after all

"just a little patience"
"soon is the word"
"just we have to wait and see"
"chinese democracy starts now"
"round 1...2...3....4..."
just bullshit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »

You buy a concert ticket to hear the artist perform the songs.

You don't buy a fucking concert ticket and think the artist owes you an album.

If you don't want to go see the band live, fine. Nobody's forcing you. Stay home.

The only bullshit in this situation are people who think they're owed something. Wake up and smell the coffee already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

I think if we all had the same attitudes and beliefs the board would be pretty boring. Different opinions and diversity is what makes boards interesting.
that's not what I said. Some attitudes are annoying. If you tell us your point of view - fine. If you come here to say that you prefer Slash over bumblefoot - fine. If you come here to say how you love Slash, how the new band sucks and how Axl is a liar or something else - please, don't come. That's why I use to say that quote. "Either get on board or fuck off".

?I agree Bruno my post was not targeted at anything you wrote.

? The bitching get's pretty intense here at times but at the same time there are not many fans that have been through the same thing as guns fans. I've stayed away from posting for awhile because people are either bitching or defending and it's not much fun lately.The love for the band and music is intense as Axl is intense, the shows are intense, being a GNR fan is intense. But the praise this band will get when they finnish will be fuckin' intense by all on this board. ? ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »

don't let the door hit you on the way out.
and don't come crawling back here when CD drops to kiss axl's ass either.
we don't need disloyal fans, no one will ever miss you around here. bye.

Although I agree with you in essence(ie. I don't care how long it takes for the album to come out, because I have no particular investment in it ever coming out at this point), GNR needs all the fans they can get, loyal or otherwise. Fan sites are insular environments whose attitude about this album is not mirrored in most other places. People will always say that Appetite is an essential rock album, but in the same breath, they'll turn around and say the usual stuff about Axl. I don't agree per se, but the band needs some good press, and most of the positive energy that the tour created is rapidly dissipating as another release date comes and goes. I realize that a lot of the rumors have not come directly fom the band, but the unfortunate truth is that most people don't know that either. Bottom line, when the release date is finally announced, no one is going to believe that the album is coming out, which is regrettable - especially if it's as good as we all believe it can be. ?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2007, 02:15:31 PM »

this is kinda funny considering the album is closer than ever right now!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »

don't let the door hit you on the way out.
and don't come crawling back here when CD drops to kiss axl's ass either.
we don't need disloyal fans, no one will ever miss you around here. bye.

Although I agree with you in essence(ie. I don't care how long it takes for the album to come out, because I have no particular investment in it ever coming out at this point), GNR needs all the fans they can get, loyal or otherwise. Fan sites are insular environments whose attitude about this album is not mirrored in most other places. People will always say that Appetite is an essential rock album, but in the same breath, they'll turn around and say the usual stuff about Axl. I don't agree per se, but the band needs some good press, and most of the positive energy that the tour created is rapidly dissipating as another release date comes and goes. I realize that a lot of the rumors have not come directly fom the band, but the unfortunate truth is that most people don't know that either. Bottom line, when the release date is finally announced, no one is going to believe that the album is coming out, which is regrettable - especially if it's as good as we all believe it can be. 
fans that will comment things like this to other people: "damn that riff would be better if Slash was the creator", "Axl's voice isn't good now, his voice was better in the early 90's" and "I prefer the hard rocker style over this new band's style"? No, thanks.

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »

I agree Bruno my post was not targeted at anything you wrote.

The bitching get's pretty intense here at times but at the same time there are not many fans that have been through the same thing as guns fans. I've stayed away from posting for awhile because people are either bitching or defending and it's not much fun lately.The love for the band and music is intense as Axl is intense, the shows are intense, being a GNR fan is intense. But the praise this band will get when they finnish will be fuckin' intense by all on this board.   
true. everyone will be kissin' Axl's ass soon.  hihi

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2007, 02:25:18 PM »

Source?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »

This thread certainly has both ends of the spectrum.... The Italian forum owners and "Bruno Poeys" & "axlgurl".

Personally, I think both attitudes are garbage.   ok

I agree.

Pretty ridiculous.

I really feel for the closed forum members, especially since we are so close.

Oh well, good riddance.

Trim the fat, I say.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2007, 02:31:46 PM »

Source?

Funny.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2007, 02:33:03 PM »

Source?

Del James, for starters.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2007, 02:38:18 PM »

Source?

Del James, for starters.

bumblefoot as well. Wink

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »

Can we PLEASE stop using the phrase "closer then ever"?  It's so stupid.  Of course we're closer than ever.  In fact, we'll be closer in 5 seconds than we are right now.  We were closer the day after TSI came out than we were the day before it came out.  Since Chinese Democracy's release is something that is happening in the future, than every second that passes is closer than the last.  It's just a dumb phrase.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2007, 02:45:59 PM »

There probably has been more information about the band in the recent twelve months than there's been in the five years prior to that.

Best quote in this thread.  And its why I scratch my head as to why people are getting so fucked up over this.    We have an active band now, it was dormant for years.   Just goes to show, to some people, nothing will be good enough.

Axl could release CD, tour for 2 straight years, release another CD, tour some more, and these same people are going to just find other things to complain about because their lives are so pathetic and have absolutely no meaning that complaining on a GNR forum gives them a purpose.  i guess.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »

It's even funnier considering that GNR toured for 8 months in 2006 (including a festival in Italy); have new show dates already scheduled; have issued statements on the official site; we (DLMFs) have all heard like 6 new songs; and Bumblefoot himself posted on that Italian site.

Obviously, running a fansite takes a hellava lot of time and effort. ?If the Italian site's admin no longer has the time or desire to maintain his site then he should man-up and say that's the case.

But I guess "It's All Axl's Fault!!!" is an easier out. ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »

I'm not owner of GNRonline.it, I'm only a collaborator there, I spent some years posting daily on that board, searching news, translating articles. I've done a lot of work for GNRonline.it, and I can guarantee that the owners of that site and their collaborators made a harder work than mine, with a lot of love and passion.

They made the biggest fansite and community of a whole country, and they deserves respect. Not from Axl, but from other fans: all of you bitches.

Shut down the website was not an easy decision. It was hard, difficult and painful. I didn't want to close the website, but I respect the decision of the owners, because I konw them, and I know they love their site, they love Guns N Roses and they spent years under the attack of some italian Axl haters.

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.
We can't stop to love GNR, we can't stop to love Axl, we can't stop to hope the album will come out as soon as possible. But we can't continue to be silent.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »

I'm not owner of GNRonline.it, I'm only a collaborator there, I spent some years posting daily on that board, searching news, translating articles. I've done a lot of work for GNRonline.it, and I can guarantee that the owners of that site and their collaborators made a harder work than mine, with a lot of love and passion.

They made the biggest fansite and community of a whole country, and they deserves respect. Not from Axl, but from other fans: all of you bitches.

Shut down the website was not an easy decision. It was hard, difficult and painful. I didn't want to close the website, but I respect the decision of the owners, because I konw them, and I know they love their site, they love Guns N Roses and they spent years under the attack of some italian Axl haters.

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.
We can't stop to love GNR, we can't stop to love Axl, we can't stop to hope the album will come out as soon as possible. But we can't continue to be silent.

I just don't understand how they can shut down the site when we are closer now than ever. Roll Eyes

Seriously, I think the "anti-haters"(sic) around here are not giving enough credit to this sequence of events with GNRonline.it.? I have an MSN account where I have "Guns N Roses" set as a constant news-search.? That means when anything GNR-related is reported, it will appear as a story on my homepage.? After weeks of seeing articles about Slash at Anna Nichol's funeral, the first new news I see on there is an NME article titled "Guns N' Roses Fans Protest Album's Delay".?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: